on a mission v ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am at the court part in claiming back my bank charges from the nat west. I am now on a mission to claim back ppi from loans taken with the natwest, abbey and *&*, I feel reading this thread that I did have a choice that I didn't know I had and was pressured and mislead into agreeing to pay for them. I feel digusted that the banks pray on the weak and hardworking and that have less to give them more.

so wish me luck. I am going to have a good shot at it.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello, I have copied the SAR Template for the PPI and posted it to the natwest, abbey and *&*, I have given them the £10 fee which I grudge them but it will be money well spent if I win.

So lets wait and see what their response is

Let the war begin. I am so ready!!!!!!!

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Hi Sandra,

Glad to see you are starting of on the right footing with the SAR first to this lot. Once you get all the info back from them, if you need any help / guidance or advise please feel free to shout.

Good Luck

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Thanks for your response, I do believe you are quite famous!

This website has given me a lot of confidence and it is so nice to know that help and advice is there if you need it. I know I will probably go to pieces at the first hurdle. At the moment I have suddenly had my eyes opened with the immoral going ons in these organizations. I have been passive in the past and felt the bank had my interests at heart and was always directed by them. What a fool I have been they have taken me for £1,000's and I just sat back and let them take my money thinking that this was part of the loan.

I will not sit back any more. I will give them a run for MY MONEY!:x :x :x

Me famous...lol - I only did what I did to highlight these rip off merchants, and it looks like I really upset lloyds TSB..But having thought about their comments on National TV..I am about to hit them with a complaint regarding their comments..

One thing when I saw my face on the telly and how fat it looks..I have decided to replace the Mars Bars with fresh Fruit..lol

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Well today I received my SARs request forms *&*. Approximately half a tree. It would have cost more than £10 to post it. It contains all info about my credit card and loan details. I am only interested about the loan side at the moment and will leave the cc till later.

The first thing I noticed was the credit agreement for a loan I took out in 2002 for £20,000 Section 3 was insurance details. £4,060.29 plus interest of £1,413.67 totalling £5,453.96. Jesus!!!! :eek: :eek: Nowhere on the form is any option box. I was under the impression that to get the loan, I did not have any option but to take out the insurance.

They have also ommited to send me their written correspondence regarding the details of the loan and any repayments. Terms and conditions of the ppi. and if they explained about any option regarding the ppi. I have telephoned Customer Support and have pointed out about the lack of their correspondence to me and she said she will have a look for them. They did however managed to find 2 letters from them telling me I have gone over my credit limit for my c card and charged accordingly.

I am really disgusted with myself for allowing them to do this without questioning it. It was not till I watched Sir Trevor did I realise that I actually did have the right not to take it out. I am so thick that I did not realise what it was actually for.

I am on a mission.

yours extremely knaffed off:evil:

Edited by hellhasnofury

It may be worth letting them Know that they only have 40 Days from the receipt of your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to supply the information. Failing to supply the required information within the 40 Days is an Offence..

You will find just like the banks.. They are bothered about the customer, they are only bothered about their Shareholders.. Its all Business for profit mowadays. Before I found CAG I always used to look up to bank managers... Now I treat them the way they have treated me.. Like something on the botton of your shoe..

Ian

Thanks for your reply,

They are very crafty aren't they. I have rung them and she is going to have another look for their written correspondence. yea right!!!! like she didn't realise she needed to send that.!!!!!drrrrr.

The Abbey is even worse all they sent was one years statements that I actually already have.

*&* have given me great hope with the credit agreement that I have been mis-sold their ppi as I wasn't given any option or iformation about, it was just part of the loan.

Natwest haven't sent anything.

Anyway I will wait and see what they come up with.

Got some good news today my daughter has just received £1400 from the Halifax for bank charges. They caved in before lba deadline.

http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/docs/lc276bill.pdf

I am sure somebody has read this, but it made good sense to me. Is this what we hit them with. :confused: I found it in the legalities section. Or am I barking up the wrong tree.:confused:

Hi Sandra,

It does make Interesting reading thats for sure. But Im not sure if it is actual law as yet. Its a copy of the Draft Fraud Bill.. I will do some more digging about on this too.

Ian

Hi Ian, I think the bill was passed in late 2006

Fraud bill

Tuesday, 29 Aug 2006 15:01

parliament-$6000169$180.jpg Fraud bill

This government bill creates new legislation to deal with fraud and other similar crimes.

The legislation defines fraud three ways: by false representation, by failing to disclose information and by abuse of position.

Progress

Introduced to the House of Lords on May 25th 2005

Second reading – June 22nd 2005

Committee stage – July 19th 2005 and January 31st 2006

Report stage – March 14th 2006

Third reading – March 29th 2006

Introduced to the House of Commons and first reading on March 29th 2006

Second reading – June 12th 2006

Committee stage – June 20th and June 22nd 2006

Third reading - October 26th 2006

Royal Assent - November 8th 2006

This bill was passed and became the Fraud Act 2006.

bsd.gif

Thanks for that Sandra...:) I will have a good read through it and see if I can use anything from it against GE Money...

The more you can throw at these outfits the better..lol

Thanks again

Ian

Hi Ian, Have a look at this site. It looks much more offical.

Fraud Bill [HL]

Since this post, we have now realised to our detriment that the fraud act cannot be used in the mis-selling of ppi.

We can still get them anyway without it

Thanks Sandra,

I have added a couple of the ACTS from the Fraud Act into my statement of claim now.. I did give GE Money up till noon today to re open discussions regarding my complaint.. Not surprised that it fell on deaf ears though. I can only pressume that after they got sorted out by the FSA last week that they may be a little bit busy at the momment :rolleyes: ..lol

So Its off to the Post Office in the Morning and get the Paperwork sent off to Wolverhampton Court. :)

Ian

HI Ian,

I have pm'ed Bank Fodder about the Fraud Act to see if he knows that is up and running. I do hope he doesn't mind. The mods and site helpers all seem to be busy helping everybody with the bank charges at present. You are the expert with the ppi. and your advice and support is greatly valued. Good luck with your claim.

I am just waiting to receive the extra info from *&* regarding their correspondence about my loan and ppi. It appears I was not given an option regarding the ppi. So as soon as I get the letters, I will be starting the legal process. I will probably need hep with my letters.l

Hi Sandra,

Well I ammended my Statement of claim to include a couple of bits from the fraud act, as it looks like it is running..lol

Will soon find out I suppose..I am this afternoon sending off My claim to Wolverhampton.. So touch paper has now been lit.. just wait for the Fireworks I hope..lol

Ian

Hi Ian,

Have you sent your letter and how long before the fireworks go off!!!! Will follow with great interest.

Well according to Royal Mail the paperwork was delivered to Wolverhampton Court Today....

Just have to sit back and see what happens next I suppose..

Ian

Hi Ian, I got your pm today, well I never, that's made them lot sit up hasn't it!!!!! I received a few letters from &&* today. Absolutely nothing regarding info or any correspondence about my loan or ppi. What do I do now. Do I ring them again or just send a letter of non-compliance.

Any thoughts?

I really do want to get this ball rolling.

Thanks

Oh bye the way its a nice ferret.

If there is nothing on the application stating that the PPI is optional then I think they could be in hot water too. PPI is supposidly always OPTIONAL.

I pressume that they have said that they have sent you all the data that they have regarding your loan etc. If so I would start the ball rolling, Obviously if they produce further data at a later stage (eg Court if it goes that far) then that will only prove they have breached the Data Protection Act as well.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I am certainly going to start the ball rolling. I was unaware that these loans actually had ppi on them until I got the credit agreement forms back. So I am first giong to send the prelim letter asked them to refund my mis-sold ppi.

Thanks for your support and help.

Good Luck Sandra,

and you can always threaten the Ferret on them..lol It worked on me ..;)

Ian

Hello,

Reidnet are you ok, not seen you posting your wisdom and advise about on the site. Hope you have not left us, you are my champion.

Ahhh its nice to feel wanted..lol, Just been a bit crap the past few days, Starting to get things back together again. I havnt left CAG..lol and wont be leaving..

Hello all,

I don't have a smiley face:) today, I have a really annoyed face:mad:

I have received a letter from the Data Orotection Officer today. Telling me that they have no more information regarding the Loans and ppi on their system. The previous loan I had in 2002 was settled, so they don't keep those records. blah, blah, blah.

They must think that we are all stupid. eusa_doh.gif

She was speechless when I told her that I was very surprised that they were allowed to do that under the data protection and limitation acts.

She was even more speechless when I told her I had just spoken to another employee in another department and she managed to look at the loans account and told me all about the ppi. WELL I NEVER:-x

After silence, she said ooh!!!! I did ask them and they told me they didn't have anything DON'T THEY JUST BEGGER BELIEF.:-x

I impressed myself as I was so cool. not rude.

I am about to send this letter have a look please. I don't want to get too confident and blow my coolness.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I again write in response to your letter dated 14th February 2007 and our telephone conversation of 16th February. You have again failed to supply me with all data, in relation to the above accounts held by your company.

You have stated in your letter, and today during our conversation, that your company does not hold any information pertaining to previous loans or payment protection insurance, which were running in 2002. I need written clarification as to why your company does not have any information on these loans which were up and running within the Limitation Act 1980 and the Data Protection Act 1998. You have further stated that XXXXX holds no further information on their files, which includes letters of correspondence between your company, any third party (such as XXXXX Account noXXXXXX and myself..

Prior to our conversation today, I spoke to XXXXXX in the XXXXX Department, who after been questioned re Buying Plan no XXXXXXX, managed to access and look at this account on her monitor, and give me information relating to the loan and the payment protection insurance applyed to the loan. This information which your company has records off, HAS not been supplied to me.

I have today confirmed with you yet again, that I wish to be supplied with ALL information, which includes, all details on these loans, all details on any payment protection insurance and ANY recorded telephone conversation between any employee of your company and myself. My telephone No is xxxxx and would expect if there are any recorded conversations they would be around the dates the loans started.

I find the information you have told me, in both your letter and during our conversation today is untrue and in breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Section 7) and the Limitation Act 1980 and I am considering informing the Financial Ombudsmen service, Financial Services Authority and the Information Commissioners Office of your misconduct.

The 40day period for my Subject Access Request expires on the 27th February.2007. This has allowed the 40days for your provision as per the Subject Access Request and a extra 4days for postage etc. You now have 11days to comply with my request.

Yours sincerely,

Me