Claim bank charges for a mate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. I am hoping someone out there can help me.

I am currently trying to get bank charges back for 9 friends. The thing I am struggling with is I write the first letter, post it to friend to sign and post. We wait for reply and friend has to send on to me. They delay or forget and am not aware of the importance of the time constraints. Bearing in mind there is 9 people doing this, timing is going out of the window.

The question ? Is there a form or letter I can produce which gives me authority to act on their behalf during the claim. I am sure there is but I want to make sure its worded correctly.

Can anyone help please as I really need the letters from the banks sent to me and for me to be able to sign on behalf of my friends?

Andytheguv

I know this is a silly question but why cant your mates claim themselves?

Come on the mighty reds!!!!!!

Lloyds TSB - Success - 14/7/07

Lloyds TSB - Pending -

Halifax - Pending -

Tip my scales if I have been of assistance :D

No. They would need to give you formal legal authority to act on their behalf, and - if dealing with banks - each would require sight of original legal documents of your right to do so (and take a copy of them). This would probably take twice as long and be more expensive that the method you are currently using.

tbh, your friends aren't taking it seriously enough. You need to let them know that you're doing this as a favour for them, that the timescales are non-negotiable if they want a result, and if they don't take it seriously then they really can't think much of the favour you're doing them in the first place. That should guilt-trip them into paying attention :)

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

Guest ArthurP
Hello everyone. I am hoping someone out there can help me.

I am currently trying to get bank charges back for 9 friends. The thing I am struggling with is I write the first letter, post it to friend to sign and post. We wait for reply and friend has to send on to me. They delay or forget and am not aware of the importance of the time constraints. Bearing in mind there is 9 people doing this, timing is going out of the window.

The question ? Is there a form or letter I can produce which gives me authority to act on their behalf during the claim. I am sure there is but I want to make sure its worded correctly.

Can anyone help please as I really need the letters from the banks sent to me and for me to be able to sign on behalf of my friends?

Andytheguv

There are many ways around this problem.

Most banks have their own 'third party mandate form' which you and the account holder would fill in. Probably the quickest way and what is mostly used by these firms set up to reclaim money for you on your behalf.

It's so simple and money for nothing which is why they are in business.

There are ordinary powers of attorney too that can be used if you want to run someones financial affairs but a little more complicated.