sarah v HSBC

sarah...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6130 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all,

im new!!!!!!!!

just sorting out all charges today, will be claming roughly £ 1200

will be sending my preliminary request in a couple of days along with breakdown.

if anyone wants to help me or just join me in my adventure, youre most welcome,

im here to get mi money back and hopefully make a few friends along the way, will have to be patient with me though, have an 8 month old baby!!!

hoping to get back enough money to sell house and buy closer to family!

so heres to me getting mi monies back and making new friends!

:-D :-D :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]typical me, typical me, i started something and now im not too sure.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Sarah,

Just to say good luck with your claim against HSBC. I am also claiming against them, and my experience so far is that they delay as far as possible and so I would advise getting your papers in ASAP and using the Recorded post service where appropriate.

Kind regards

Lazurus

thank you,

will be back tommorow,,

got to deal with little cheeky monkey!

sarah

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]typical me, typical me, i started something and now im not too sure.

• 2 weeks later...

hello all,

lba's sent on 10 may recorded (also doing halifax for partner)

think i may start getting up to speed on mcol's,

do you all think its advisable to wait a couple of days after lba's deadline?

from what ive read on other threads sometimes theres an offer a few days after dead line, if acceptable i woulodnt have to pay costs?

just about to do the 8% aswell, i have a spread sheet from vamp would that work it out for me? cant tell you wich one it it though,

not going to bother with the od interest,

starting to get a bit daunting all this....

:confused:

hello all,

lol's,

do you all think its advisable to wait a couple of days after lba's deadline?

No, stick to your timetable not theirs! They rarely seem to even acknowledge your LBA.

from what ive read on other threads sometimes theres an offer a few days after dead line, if acceptable i woulodnt have to pay costs?

There is generally an offer of around 70% of what you're claiming, it's totall up to you if you take it or not. You'd still have to pay the £120 fee for filing the MCOL though.

starting to get a bit daunting all this....

:confused:

We're all here to help don't worry!!!

25/01/07 Statements collected online

27/01/07 Prelim sent

09/02/07 Thank you letter received (and duly ignored)

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

02/04/07 Notice of transfer paperwork received

10/04/07 Lattie's hastner sent

19/04/07 AQ arrived (never mind lattie!)

20/04/07 Last Chance letter sent to DG, AQ filled out.

08/05/07 AQ returned to courts, cc'd to DG

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

14/06/07 Directions hearing set for the end of August. 10 long weeks away.

14/06/07 rob-the-viking waits yet longer......

23/08/07 DG apply for a stay, instantly granted by judge.

29/08/07 The waiting begins again, 7 months since prelim was sent.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

cheers rob,

is the mcol fee the same whatever the amount, i thought it was a %?

My apologies sarah, the fee depends on the amount you're claiming, in your case it'll be a fee of £120 because your claim is between £1000-£5000.

up to £300 = £30

£300.0 - £500 = £50

£500.0 - £1,000 = £80

£1,000.0 - £5,000 = £120

£5,000.0 - £15,000 = £250

£15,000.0 - £50,000 = £400

£50,000.0 - £100,000 = £700

r-t-v

25/01/07 Statements collected online

27/01/07 Prelim sent

09/02/07 Thank you letter received (and duly ignored)

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

02/04/07 Notice of transfer paperwork received

10/04/07 Lattie's hastner sent

19/04/07 AQ arrived (never mind lattie!)

20/04/07 Last Chance letter sent to DG, AQ filled out.

08/05/07 AQ returned to courts, cc'd to DG

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

14/06/07 Directions hearing set for the end of August. 10 long weeks away.

14/06/07 rob-the-viking waits yet longer......

23/08/07 DG apply for a stay, instantly granted by judge.

29/08/07 The waiting begins again, 7 months since prelim was sent.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

thanx all,

having read getting mcol right i found i will be exemp from paying, woohoo!

but i understand i can only do this by doing the n1 at my local court. is this correct?

how easy is it to do it that way?

:)

thanks,

i wonder if i should go up to local court and get a few copies, dont have printer that works!

at that stage i send 2 copies of claim and 2x schedule to court

and keep 1 for myself correct?

would i need a copy of claim and shedule for hsbc's solicitors? (dg)

wonder how many copies court will let me take home?

i know im going to mess loads up, its all the officialness???? it makes my writing all squiggly!

its not so bad when its online, its like pretend!;)

thanks,

at that stage i send 2 copies of claim and 2x schedule to court

and keep 1 for myself correct?

would i need a copy of claim and shedule for hsbc's solicitors? (dg)

well if you file in person the court will already have the details of your claim. (when you do it online there is no room so it has to be sent seperately)

you would send Dg a copy of your schedule of charges with a covering letter. but dont worry about that yet.

go get the forms - a few if you think you'll make mistakes but once its filled in I think you just need a copy of that original one for yourself. (see edit)

one step at a time :)

just read up on filing this way - you need 3 identical copies - 2 for the court & 1 for you

thank you,

upon reading through all my bumph, i realise i havnt even sent out lba it was prelim on 10 may,

my lord i am eager!!!!!

gotta go 9 month old has just started crawling and it pulling my plant to bits,

catcha later.

xx

• 2 weeks later...

hello all,

lba sent out on 24th may.

next step go get loads of claim forms from local court house,

its getting exiting!

x

cheers,

but dont have a printer at home!

so will have to do it the old fashioned way,

i wonder if i rang them if they cud post out?

mmm.

• 3 weeks later...

hello again all,

just an update..

after no respone to lba for hsbc and halifax ,

i am due to do n1 forms but have to wait till recieve proof of benefits to file them as i will get it for free and cannot afford the fees any how.

so im affraid its on hold for a couple of weeks, im desperate for the money aswell, nevermind.

may need a bit of a chat about what happens after n1s are filed but will ask closer the time.

take care everyone

xxxxxx

Hiya Sarah, no problems its your claim you run it at your pace and if you have any problems or worries we will help you.

If you havent found this already have a read, it will tell you what to do.. there is a lot to get your head round but anything you dont understand ask us about

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/38807-newcomer-heres-user-guide.html

pete

hello all,

have a question:

when youre filling in the n1 claim form (i have read guidance notes) undre value, i know you put the amt of charges plus the 8% up to the date of posting the n1 but im not claiming od interest, how would i work out the daily rate of interest? because you claim that to the date of settlement dont you?

mmmm! not sure what to do here guys, some help would be much appreciated.

thanx in advance.

sarah.:confused:

daily rate of interest is calculated by multiplying the total value of the claim (charges plus overdraft interest if claimed) by 0.00022

eg. total claim £1500

1500 x 0.00022 = 0.33 - This would therefore be £0.33p on a daily basis

• 3 weeks later...

hello all,

i recieved an offer today of 85% of total claim, i still havnt filed my n1 yet, i just dont have the bloody time!!!!

well i gave the service team a call and they werent prepared to make a better offer over the phone, but i can write to them, i got the impression that if i wrote in again, they would settle in full!, minus the interest of course, which is over 500 quid, i know you guys say always go to the court but i have a 10 month old baby whos going into hospital in a few weeks and i could really do without the stress of it all, and i could do with the money.

i really dont know what to do here guys, do i take it all the way for the interest (which will take another 2-3 months) or do i write in for the settlement in full minus interest?

help help , bit of a dilemma.:|

Hiya Sarah, this is always a tricky situation and only you can decide the best thing to do.

You have a reduced offer from HSBC which if you accept you should have the money in the bank within 14 days. Worth a letter stating your case to see if you can get them to increase this but that will only be a matter of days to sort.

On the other hand you can reject that and go for the full amount of your claim, which you will get but it will be quite a bit of work and worry and will take at least another 2 to 3 months looking at the present threads.

From what you have said about the other things happening to you I would be inclined to try to increase HSBC's offer and accept it, you will have enough to worry about without this too.

Good luck with your baby

pete

pete,

thats exactly what i was thinking! gunna try and get them to bump up the offer, for some reason i feel slightly guilty about not going to the court, i think i wanted a fight!!!

thank you darling for easing my mind a little.