please help

-tinks-
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone tell me if i can reclaim my additions charges? i have been with barclays some 16 years or more. i do not know when my account became an additions account. i just noticed these charges on my account and like most others pressumed this was an account fee.

i have never used any of the benefits they offer as i did not know until recently there were any. i do have an overdraft of £1800.00, so wondered if i disputed these additions charges whether this overdraft would be withdrawn, i cannot afford to pay this off.

help would be appreciated

many thanks

tinks :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tinks,

I don't think you can claim the Additions fees back, as these are service charges, rather than penalties. Every Additions customer pays them.

HOWEVER, if you didn't actually sign up to an Additions account, that's a different matter. Only way forward I can see is to speak or write to the Bank, and ask them whem your Additions account became active, and if you actually signed up for it! All this information should be available under DPA, I'd have thought.

Sneaky Bankers!

D.:confused:

Kimmy, Interesting - I called BB yesterday on fee claim but mentioned additions - immediately they offered me 6 mths fees back which they would put in account straight away or I could lodge a complaint and they would write to me within next 7 days. Needless to say I lodged a complaint on the phone - i have a complaint number - and am waiting for a response from them. My additions was put on account in 1999 which like others I thought was just an account fee because that is what it shows as on my statements. My question is how many years refund did they give you????? The reason I ask is because 6 years fees is a lot of money for them to pay back.

Oooh and by the way very well done

• 5 weeks later...

thanks for your replies everyone.

today i have received a letter from barclays saying my account was transferred to an additions acc 2 mar 98 and this was agreed verbally. they sent me a pack with benefits etc and each time benefits change i would have been written to... i must confess i never read anything like this brochures etc... they have given me a number if i want to take it further. could i have some advice as to what to do next? if they have sent me all this info and i haven't queried it before now do i have much chance of getting it back?

help much appreciated

Tinks,

I am in the process of accepting 3 years additions fees back. Mine was for 6 years but I agreed to split the difference and settle for 3 years. It was quite straightforward. Lodged a complaint on the phone. Received a letter saying they would reply by 27 April. They then paid 12 months worth into my account. I called to ask what this was told it was 1 years refund. Said I wouldn't accept that, they immediately offered another 12 months refund. Said no told them I would split difference and settle for another 2 years i.e. 3 years in total and hey presto they agreed. Sent me a form to sign which they should receive today and hopefully money will be in my account in next couple of days.

Hope this helps

Woody

has anyone got a number to ring to complain about additions , only asking because i might claim some back .

me and the missus have a joint account and even if she agreed verbally i never , surely you need both holders of the account to agree to a change in the account .

like others on this site i thought it was part of our contract.

Hi Dickeggsy,

I called customer services first as I was checking on my charges claim - sorry can't remember which one I used!! as the one that appears on the letters is always an answerphone. This is the number of the Customer Care Team who then responded to my Additions complaint and they always answer the phone 0845 609 0806.

Hope this helps and good luck

Woody

has anyone got a number to ring to complain about additions , only asking because i might claim some back .

me and the missus have a joint account and even if she agreed verbally i never , surely you need both holders of the account to agree to a change in the account .

like others on this site i thought it was part of our contract.

as far as im aware you only need consent from one of the account holders.

If only one party of a joint account needs to sign a cheque, then any action can be authorised.

If your agreement is that BOTH have to sign cheques then BOTH have to agree.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

i am just in the process of going further but when reading through there reply to me they converted it to an additions accounts 2 mar 98 as the fee for £5.00 per month was the same as my overdraft fee of £5.00 per month and i got extra benefits. the additions fee went up and carried on being taken with no query from me. does that make it ok and is it a waste of time claiming?

tinks:-?

does anyone know what charge is now made each month for an overdraft facility? & is additions £10.00 per month now?

any help welcome - i am trying to get my facts right before i speak to barclays to try & claim back my additions fees.

tinks

:)

Don't think they charge for an overdraft facility, just the interest. (That's the way it is on my accounts, anyway. They used to charge £5 a month, but stopped.)

there are 3 different levels of Additions, £6.50, £11.50, £14.50.

you can see the details at Current Accounts - Current Bank Accounts - Barclays Personal Banking

;)

That is interesting because my letter does say i was charged a £5.00 a month overdraft fee. i have checked my recent statement and there is no additions fee, the statement just says current account. so i presume they have taken me off the additions account. they are very sneaky.

i will try and be brave and phone them now.

thanks for your reply one of a kind

tinks:)

i have just phoned barclays and spoke to a lady there who didn't want to deal with my complaint as said needs to be dealt with by person who wrote back to me & she is not in today. asked her if my account was no longer additions and she said no. asked if the person dealing could ring me tomorrow as i want to take further & reclaim charges.

hopefully i will get a call tomorrow. this women i spoke to seemed very nervous... (maybe because i recently won £2800.00 in unfair bank charges and she could see that on my file)??

We have a joint account either to sign. They never even asked me about my husband. I have been dealing with them on the additions and my charges claim i.e. signing letters but in legal documents i.e. N1 and headings on letters I have put both names.

Have just spoken to BB and they are paying the money into my account today. Will check later.

Hope this helps

Woody

I do hope they' re very nervous for exactly that reason! :D

Are youi still paying overdraft fees? As I remember, I haven't paid one for a few years now, and Barclays' website clearly says that all you pay for an agreed overdraft is the interest incurred.:confused:

i am just writing a letter to the court from the template but i am confused over the bit where it says

'i also enclose a list of all cases of which i am aware the bank 'barclays' was the defendant, everyone of these cases was settled in full before hearing despite a defence being entered.

where do i get this list of cases to enclose????

one of a kind

i have only got 1 statement to hand but that just shows interest no monthly fee. so i think all this time they have been quite crafty.

i have written to barclays now and asked them to confirm how much i have paid from mar 98 to now as i know it started at £5 per month but i am sure it went up to as much as £11 or £12 per month.

fingers crossed, i may get somewhere.

tinks

:)

how do i get a list of cases 'barclays ones' where they have settled before court date hence entering a defence.

i need this to put with my ltr to court to claim wasted costs

tinks???????????????

Mcuth did alist some time ago here:

http://www.worcester-networks.com/lit%20settled.xls

but there are only 3 Barclays listed.

You'll have to go here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....um/litigation/

Then top right 'Search this Thread' for Barclays will return all settled cases but you'll have to look each one up yourself.