Ebay / charges

racer1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If your letter isn't "received" as soon often happens with these outfits, every time they phone in the future, don't say a word, just hang up. Answering them, even if you're angry merely feeds them. There is nothing more disconcerting than having the phone repeatedly slammed down.

You are not required by law to answer your phone, answer your door or be polite to anyone who calls, especially the pond-**** you're talking about.

OFT and the others are a waste of time.

Shoestring

The more I read this site, the more congratulations I want to heap on CAG for the invaluable service they are performing. Bravo!

Ok...I always answer private numbers as often my boyfriend / friends at work!

Trading Standards have said they legally have no right to come to my property anyway.

Answer yes, but if it's them calling place the phone down smartly without a word and smile long and hard....

The more I read this site, the more congratulations I want to heap on CAG for the invaluable service they are performing. Bravo!

I paid RW by standing order but when I set the new standing order up I put in the wrong account number (used the customer ref number) so therefore they did not recieve payment but it was not credited back to me it was just left in limbo land. So, to cut a long story short when I realised what had happened corrected it but still had missing payments. So, contacted bank who then rang RW and RW were extremely rude to the lady who rang on my behalf and was trying to find their missing payments for them. They should be hung drawn and quartered they are complete and utter b******s !

There were a series of threads on Ebay's own forums a while back concerning both Intrum Justicia and Robinson Way attempting to collect debts to Ebay that did not in fact exist - they had either already been paid, or were simply errors on Ebay's part. A common feature was Robinson Way's failure to comply with the OFT Guidelines on Debt Collection, which state that where a debt is disputed, no further collection activity should take place until the dispute is resolved. Additionally, it is for the creditor to prove that the debt is owed, not for the 'debtor' to prove that it is not.

I would be minded to report RW to Trading Standards. Additionally, since the original call from RW was made after 06 April, start a complaint under the new FOS scheme. If you haven't yet sent your letter, include a request for a copy of their complaints procedure - they are obliged to provide it.

Had a letter from them last night:

Dear Sir / Madam

Account no. xxxxxxx

We refer to the above account and acknowledge your recent communication.

Having now reviewed your comments, we can advise you that your account has been returned to our client and will no longer be managed by this office.

All future payments and correspondence must therefore be sent to our client, directly.

Yours faithfully

Collections Manager

Hurrah! At last they see sense!

do the - 'oh hold on a sec - someone is at the door

- something is on the stove

- my mobile is ringing'

and see how long they stay on the phone.

LOL.

I actually found some advice on another website that said you should play them some music and they were asking for requests and lists of the top songs to play these kinds of callers.

Does anyone here have any ideas?