GE again penalty charges claim ** WON - Post OFT v Banks **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Application Notice

Part A asks for claim to be struck out

and claimiant to be ordered to pay costs of GE Money Servicing Limited

this is from my earlier post on previous page. I understand this is the counterclaim. just putting together my response, still some work to do on this:)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

okay, I have a hearing listed now but for their application notice, they have not submitted defence (to the court, dont they need to then?)so I have not had an AQ, but is this a problem, was just looking at the case management threads for the mercantile listed where this is mentioned, does this only present a problem in their case? I am wondering if they are up to tricks

bump

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• 1 month later...

charges that I could not claim for, legal stuff from years ago,what is the normal procedure to settle these, do I add it all into the new mortgage or does it have to be paid off before, I reckon it will be before but for obvious reasons it would be convenient to lump it together and pay them off in one sum??

Hi maybelline,

Back at the begining of your thread you mentioned getting incorrect building insurance back, could you explain why it was incorrect as i have recently been looking into reclaiming arrears charges from kensington mortgages and found i was charged £30 a month for buildings insurance which i do not remember agreeing to as i was also paying another company for buildings and contents so why would i have agreed to this?

any help appreciated :)

hi pinkbabez, that is right, GE put their own Buildings Insurance on by adding the cost to my charges schedule, I only discovered it when I pressed the wrong number on their choose this list and was sent a schedule of all the charges. I did start out by having one with them but changed it as they were way more expensive but they kept on processing it with them. I had a job getting them to remove it, I had to send a copy of my own providers policy to prove it and keep reminding them. when I claimed my penalty charges I included this with them. it seemed like terrible admin error to me. I would ask for your statement of account and have a look at what they have charged and then write and ask for it back, best wishes:)

yes, pretty much the same,

(removed as taken from template, SHOULD NOT BE REPRODUCED SORRY)

:) I think this is the only change, the rest is template.

I didnt have the T & C para in my letter but the template may have changed since I began, but may still not be quite right for a mortgage account?

Maybelline

You will probably find that GE Money Servicing Ltd with whom you deal, is administering the loan on behalf of GE Money Funding Ltd who provide it. Check your statements and make the necessary amendments to your claim. GE Money are clearly taking advantage of your mistake there and rather than do the decent thing and point out you have the wrong name, they are applying for the whole claim to be struck out. There is a word for them...

thanks PaulW922, I think I know what that word is but have a look at the subject box **WON**

• 2 weeks later...
Maybelline

You will probably find that GE Money Servicing Ltd with whom you deal, is administering the loan on behalf of GE Money Funding Ltd who provide it. Check your statements and make the necessary amendments to your claim. GE Money are clearly taking advantage of your mistake there and rather than do the decent thing and point out you have the wrong name, they are applying for the whole claim to be struck out. There is a word for them...

it was for I Group Ltd (formerly Ocwen)