reclaiming charges - MCOL filed, 28days now finished **WON**

BRIOT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5894 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

SUCCESS!!

Just received the last payment into my account,

the 1st payment was put in as a correction,

the next 2 were 'bank credit'.

Total £892.18.

I was also charged for an unpaid cheque after the claim had gone through,

I emailed them thanking them for refunding the charges but also asking for that charge to be reimbursed.

I received that payment this morning (16April).

Just to warn everyone,

NW took their time to pay up,they waited more than 30days after I had filed a claim via MCOL.(They were given 28days)

I filed a default judgement ( I recieved a rejection of that saying " case status is set(eg paid transferred etc).

No one told me.

I have had no correspondance from NW, and my account is still up and running for now!

May I say thank you to everyone,

I'm not good at these things,

but I couldn't afford the charges either,

it wasn't helping me get out of debt.

May I also say that it is my own fault I received these charges so I do expect some penalties but not to the extent of £30 each.

Good luck to everyone, don't be scared be confident you will get there. xxx:-D

Well done Briot-another victory for the good guys.

I think we would agree that the charges we get levied are partly down to our own fault in not looking at our accounts and managing our money in a proper fashion but why should someone else profit from this.

Lets hope that we see more victories this week.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

How can the 28 days limitation for filing a defence expire and yet Nationwide can still lodge on day 29!!

Talk about pandering to the banks.

If we tried this we would lose

PPMAN159

I received a payment yesterday. Claim filed 13 March. I pressed the judgement by default button which was rejected because a defence had been entered and the case was being transferred to my local court. I received the court papers today. NW's defence is: "The Defendant denies that the Claimant is entitled to any refund of charges". Can't understand why they've paid out then but I'm not complaining!

Nationwide and logic do not sit together-if they intend paying out why bother with the defence.

All I can think of is that their solicitors know that the claim will be paid so they enter the defence and claim a fee for so doing from Nationwide.As said before they must be raking it in

PPMAN159

I received a payment yesterday. Claim filed 13 March. I pressed the judgement by default button which was rejected because a defence had been entered and the case was being transferred to my local court. I received the court papers today. NW's defence is: "The Defendant denies that the Claimant is entitled to any refund of charges". Can't understand why they've paid out then but I'm not complaining!

My dates are the same as yours.

I had exactly the same mail (AQ) from the court, with a second separate letter "case status is set (eg paid transferred etc)". Just need to get to the bank now to check my balance. I'm hoping that this is the end of it all...

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

sorry but this is probably going to be a long one.

A few months ago I got back about £800 from my bank.

Since then I have been so careful not to incur anymore charges,

however,

one of my cheques bounced last month,

which I was devestated about cos,

it was written to my employer and now they have charged me £30 and banned me from writing cheques(with a letter on my personnal file) for one year.

I have an overdraft facility of £1000,

so in my mind I thought I had enough to cover the cheque.

I have just received my statement,

before the bounced cheque was banked I was overdrawn by £857.44.

Then on the 23May I had 2 credits of £35 and £22.0 (so overdrawn by £800.44)on the same day,

I had a debit of £40.50 (overdrawn by £840.94) and again on the 23May my cheque was banked (which was the sum of £154.10)

Therefore I was overdrawn by £995.04.

I was near to my overdraft but not over.

I phoned Nationwide who explained that the reason they bounced the cheque was cos at 1 minute past midnight they take all the debits out first then put the credits in even if they all came in on the same day,

and that I should make sure I have enough funds when I write the cheque!

Also, if I'm not happy with that then I should write a letter to them.

I told them that I think this is unfair and I not only have been charged and disciplined by my employer but also charged £30 by them.

Can someone please help me write a letter.

Thank you so much

• 10 months later...

I claimed last year and luckily got all my money back after going through a rigmorol of going through the courts.

Nationwide also sent a letter saying that they could close my account if I 'breech' the terms and conditions again.

However, I have incurred more charges now and I am scared to claim it back in case they do close the account

,(I have bben with them for a long time).

If anyone can advise me what to do I'd be very grateful