Do Nationwide close bank accounts?

Yyates
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have now had £90 of charges from Nationwide. £30 due to LLoydsTsb stuff up, £30 for NTL stuff up and £30 bounced DD due to one of the others. My bank has refused to refund these charges as they were caused thought third parties. Now I am more than ready to send the letter process out and file litigation is necessary but what I need to know is will Nationwide close my account down with them for doing this? Also how easy. difficult is it to get charges refunded by them? If I have to change bank account I need to know before I start the process so I can open another elsewhere, even though I’m running out of banks, because I will have a major problem with a standing order payment which goes into my account monthly from LLoydsTsb, apparently they cant send 2 payment a month as computers wont let them?? huh?

Thanks for readig this. My bank accoutn is just a basic cash card account with no cheque, o'd facilits or deb card

Lloyds TSB -Settled in full 30/08/06 :)

Now whoes next :)

It is always advisable to open a parachute account - however, for the amount you are claiming it would be extremely unlikely that they would do this.

• Confused 1

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Hi there,

see my seperate post entitled.

brand new customers only

sad to say It appears nationwide will close accounts for £90 - well £91.14 to be exact.

Just opened a parachute account with Norwich & Peterborough B/S. No branches near me but full internet access, thats near enough for me.

David

I've Won Two - So Will You

I've Donated - Have You?

1. Nationwide £91.14 Including Interest & Costs - Settled In Full at Issue Stage - Account Closed By Them on 21st June 06
  2. Barclays £203.29 Including Interest & Costs - AQ Filed
  3. Barclaycard (Wife) £220 Owed - Offered £88 - Claim Being Prepared
  4. Barclaycard (Self) £258.62 Including Interest & Costs - AQ Filed
  5. Capital One £20 Owed - Paid In Full after LBA

Many More to Follow...............

I stand corrected.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

I stand corrected.

Personally, I think it is short sighted on the banks behalf and smacks of them throwing their toys out of the cot.

Just think, soon, they will spend millions of their members money on adverts to attract the kind of customers that theyhad in the first place, robbed them and when challenged said "its my ball and you're not playing with it anymore".

Still Alan, if the likes of us boys and girls ran the banks, what a wonderful world it would be (better copyright that bit, some beggar will use that line in a song!!!!)

Kind Regards to all,

David

• Confused 1

I've Won Two - So Will You

I've Donated - Have You?

1. Nationwide £91.14 Including Interest & Costs - Settled In Full at Issue Stage - Account Closed By Them on 21st June 06
  2. Barclays £203.29 Including Interest & Costs - AQ Filed
  3. Barclaycard (Wife) £220 Owed - Offered £88 - Claim Being Prepared
  4. Barclaycard (Self) £258.62 Including Interest & Costs - AQ Filed
  5. Capital One £20 Owed - Paid In Full after LBA

Many More to Follow...............

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I think on Tuesday i shall be heading off into town to find another bank to move to, jut in case. Only thing is though Lloyd's, natwest, Halifax and now nationwide are all out of the question lol How many main high street banks did they day there were? oh dear.

They definitely do, they have closed mine! They refunded me £700 and then sent me a letter saying that they had withdrawn my overdraft and my account was being shut in 30 days. The overdraft facility was shut without my knowing so there I was merrily spending and the evil letter they sent me says that I am liable for more charges, which of course there will be as they stopped the o/d without my knowledge! So they are deliberately costing me money.

Today, I sent a recorded letter to the Chief Exec pointing this out with copies of their most unhelpful correspondence. I have also copied the "Watchdog" programme, anything might help.

Today I have frantically been opening new bank accounts and borrowing money to pay up the overdraft. I am furious with Nationwide. Interestingly they said they were shutting my bank accounts, but they are kindly going to leave my savings account open, what a surprise! As if after this treatment I would save any money with them

• Confused 1

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I think on Tuesday i shall be heading off into town to find another bank to move to, jut in case. Only thing is though Lloyd's, natwest, Halifax and now nationwide are all out of the question lol How many main high street banks did they day there were? oh dear.

I made the mistake of not opening another account and it has caused me all kinds of stress. It gives them the upper hand again. My credit score could do with improvement but I went to the (ethical?) Co Op who were most helpful and they recommended their basic Cashminder account which gives me a debit card and I can make direct debit payments from it too. I applied by phone and am waiting to hear (tel. 08457 212 212) or you can do it on line

www.co-operativebank.co.uk

(Apparently it is designed for people like me - ie bad credit score). I understand from a reply to my own thread that HSBC offer a basic account too and was also told Natwest do a good one, I went to them first, but they said they wouldn't be able to helpe m as I have incurred bank charges with my previous bank (however I suspect I might have been given duff info there).

• Confused 1

Thanks very much for the info on the co-op bank account. i have phoned them and applied over the phone so just have to wait now for the forms to come in the post. I don't have any kind of debit card with Nationwide so maybe this has all done me a favour. the kind of debit card it comes with i don't know how usable it is but I'm hoping it Will make my life easier. I cant unfortunately go to HSBC as i had a business account there years ago only i had a major disagreement with the bank manager and ended up telling him he looked like a frog trying to fit in a wet suit, we came to a mutual agreement to close the account i had with them so its probably on file.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks