Tom Brennan v NatWest - This is a must-read!!!

calvi36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just what on earth is this judge Pilling up to?

He's been considering his judgement for 6 weeks now, much of it sipping

gin & tonics on some sun-drenched beach. His court staff have now told

TB to ''stop calling for updates'' and that the judge ''will not be hurried on

the case''. Needless to say TB is getting very frustrated and just wants to

get on with his life.

You could be forgiven for thinking the delay may mean it's a close call.

Personaly I reckon m'learned made his mind up the moment Tom stepped

into the courtroom and the apparent lengthy and careful consideration is

just a front. But I hope I'm wrong.

Lets just remind ourselves of the courts disdain for the cocky young upstart Tom Brennan and his case through the eyes of a court reporter:

“…I can’t believe the judge. He refuses to accept any of Tom’s statements of common sense or his reasonable assumptions, but he accepts without question everything NatWest’s barrister says. The judge seems determined to tear and tear at Tom’s arguments in different ways until he can force a hole. And how can the judge possibly think it’s right to treat Tom as equal to NatWest? If anything, the judge seems to be treating NatWest’s barrister as a litigant-in-person and Tom as a six-person legal team.”

ditto, i have a family member who has been treated very badly by the court system and also seemed to be treated other than litigant in person :(

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Wish I could take holidays like this. No wonder the courts are under such strain if all the judges swan off on holiday for months at a time.

Lets hope it's not being paid for by the directors of Natwest.....

then again, maybe the judge just got his bank charges back and is treating himself

No wonder the courts are regarded with such ridicule. A court hearing does not start until 10.30am and is usually over by 4pm and earlier on a Friday. Oh and there is always at least an hour for lunch - hardly a system that is unable to cope with the workload. The legal system regards August as being too hot and dusty for work so many courts close until September.

The judge in Tom Brennan's case could well take until the Autumn before he gets round to forming a judgment. These people are paid by the taxpayer and quite frankly are having a laugh at our expense - all that individuls can do is complain about poor standards of service to their MP but of course they are even worse....

I wish him luck, I really do.... the waiting is killing me, I hate to think how Tom is dealing with it... Although I have been told somewhere that he will receive details through the post, and may not be able to talk about them until he is in court again, so maybe, just maybe Tom is slightly ahead than we realise....

I am probably wrong though.....

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

I think some of you should take a bit of a chill pill. Somehow I doubt some of the holier than thou's on here have NEVER in their lives taken a holiday in the middle of something important at work? :)

No, didnt think so :)

Mailman

The consequences of the judge's decision in this case are huge for the banking industry.

I think the Banks are in deep discussions on how to deal with this and the judge is possibly giving them time to get themselves sorted for what will undoubtably happen when he does make his judgement official.

Just my 1/2d worth.

Figures of speech have been left behind by inflation -- our great grandparents used to buy a bag of sweets for a ha'pennyworth.

"Just my fiftypence worth," texted the thoroughly modern man into his mobile phone....

On a more cynical approach, the Judge is waiting for the banks to tell him how to rule to minimise their future losses...

The more I read this site, the more congratulations I want to heap on CAG for the invaluable service they are performing. Bravo!

I think some of you should take a bit of a chill pill. Somehow I doubt some of the holier than thou's on here have NEVER in their lives taken a holiday in the middle of something important at work? :)

No, didnt think so :)

Mailman

I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting the Judge should'nt take a

holiday (even me!) but I think the references to the scheduling of his

break are more indicative of M'learned's less than dynamic time management skills.

For the original hearing the Judge allocatad all but 3 hours to a very high

profile case that was complex, ground-breaking and unpecedented in it's

nature. He then announced that, surprise surprise, he would re-schedule

a further hearing as he ''didn't have time to hear all the evidence''. Not

exactly a planning master-stroke for a long serving captain of the judiciary.

The judgement will indeed be delivered to both parties by post, and both

TB and the bank will be under strict instructions not to reveal the decision

until the full judgement is read in court, the date of which will be in the

letter. It might be interesting to keep an eye on Natwest's share price

during this period.

As of this morning there was ''still no news from the judge. It’s becoming something of a farce''.

• 2 weeks later...

The longer the judge takes to make his judgement makes me feel that that it is not going to be good news for the banks, and that they are being allowed to put their houses in order before judgement is made and the doomsday scenario (for the Banks) which will be the result of it.

It looks like our judge has at long last emerged from his marathon judicial

coma.

The judgement has been made and will be heard on Monday 30 July at 10.30 at the Mayor's and City of London County Court.

Contrary to what TB was told at the last hearing, he has not been told

the result and will have to wait until Monday.

It looks like our judge has at long last emerged from his marathon judicial

coma.

The judgement has been made and will be heard on Monday 30 July at 10.30 at the Mayor's and City of London County Court.

Contrary to what TB was told at the last hearing, he has not been told

the result and will have to wait until Monday.

At last a result - sure hope it's what we want to hear!!

Good Luck Tom!! My Best Wishes to you.

ALTHOUGH THE MORE CYNICAL AMONG THINK PROBABLY, I doubt any one has been told as the media frenzy surrounding this case is bound to be a bit mad.

Long time ago in a galaxy FAR FAR AWAY, there lived an elf who shot banks for a living.........

Now through the power of the internet there is the CONSUMER ACTION GROUP,

Watch out they are getting crafty those pesky CRITTERS!

Banks will tell you their charges are transparent!

So is the invisible man but that does not mean he is fair or lawful.

DONT GIVE UP! FOLLOW THE CAG ADVICE AND RECLAIM YOUR CHARGES.

CAPITAL BANK! YOU ARE NEXT.

[quote=noomill060;1033686

I wonder if NatWest have been told?

No, Natwest are in the same boat. In fact the banks' barrister is not able to attend the hearing and they'll be sending a shoe-in.

By all accounts it is unusual for a written summary of the decision not to be given to either party prior to the judgement being read, which is to enable both sides to make their comments via the judge when it's heard.

There is a school of thought that the lengthy consideration taken by the

judge was largely because of 'consultations' with his peers. If this is the case it can only work in TBs favour as the judge savaged Toms case from start to finish.

It's worth remembering that the ruling will only determine whether the case can proceed so we've got a lot more waiting to go yet.

It is obvious that this has been the subject of much deliberation. You can guarantee the media are waiting in the eaves for such a reporting opportunity.

Whatever the decision there will be a reaction, from either side or those who have been affected by the conduct of these banks.

Right behind you Tom, as are many others.

Tide