dpbuk-has anyone had any bother with them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UPDATE:

This morning at 11AM (Coincidentally the very same day the Company received my second signed for letter which this time containing the name and direct contact number for a Trading Standard Officer as well as my Case number!) I received a very apologetic personal telephone call from the owner of the Company.

He expressed concern that none of my emails had been answered and blamed it on the Ticket programme that belonged to the old Company, which was corrupt! I must admit, in light of my experiences with them since the takeover, I thought "Yeah Yeah" excuses, excuses, but, as I felt I had no option, I listened to Stevens explanations and his assurances that my issues would be dealt with if I submitted another email to Support and mentioned I had talked to him personally. I was assured that my issues would be resolved "Within 24hrs".

I submitted the email to Support at 12.00 and to my surprise and wonderment, I checked my site at 2PM and Lo and Behold! EVERYTHING has been sorted!

I must admit that I did find out today, once Steven managed to get me back into the "My Admin" which I had not been able to gain access to for 3 months! That my Hosting charges had not been paid for 3 months, I explained why, paid them and all is now well. I hasten to add, the fault for the Invoices not being paid was not mine.

To cut a VERY LONG story short! The moral of my case is; DO NOT give up! If you feel you are forced, (As I did) to take the Trading Standards route, just do it. If you have paid for something, you are the owner and have a legal right to ownership, (Trading Standards words, not mine) so pursue your rights.

My case has a happy (So far) ending. I hope all of you who are also suffering manage to get your issues resolved.

Bye for now :)

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all i am a new member to this forum. I would just like to know are dpbuk worth getting a website from ? Whats the difference between dpbuk and ukdropshipgroup.com ? i have called both companies and been on hold waiting for some to answer for up 20 mins, i ve hung up with out talking to any one. Previously i have talked to a guy called andrew from dpbuk, but now they seem to keep me on hold forever ! Also both companies take a long time to respond to e mails. If i start a business with is this the level of service i can expect ? All i want to know is , is it a [problem] to get a website from this companies and why do they seem so unhelpful ? And if i did take a business with them would ibe in full control from my own pc of things like price of product , change of supplier if i wish my company name ? And do i only pay them for hosting the web site ? Sometimes talking to them is like trying to get blood out of a stone. Sorry for the winge guys i am just very frustrated and fed up. Can any one please help with any advice at all

Kind Regards

Craig

Hello all i am a new member to this forum. I would just like to know are dpbuk worth getting a website from ? Whats the difference between dpbuk and ukdropshipgroup.com ? i have called both companies and been on hold waiting for some to answer for up 20 mins, i ve hung up with out talking to any one. Previously i have talked to a guy called andrew from dpbuk, but now they seem to keep me on hold forever ! Also both companies take a long time to respond to e mails. If i start a business with is this the level of service i can expect ? All i want to know is , is it a [problem] to get a website from this companies and why do they seem so unhelpful ? And if i did take a business with them would ibe in full control from my own pc of things like price of product , change of supplier if i wish my company name ? And do i only pay them for hosting the web site ? Sometimes talking to them is like trying to get blood out of a stone. Sorry for the winge guys i am just very frustrated and fed up. Can any one please help with any advice at all

Kind Regards

Craig

Hi

Well i have had a site with them for nearly 2 years, and had problems when they changed hands, with site going down etc. Basically all i can say is i have never had a problem with getting any advice from them, the best way is to email, sometimes (from experience) they are very busy and you may be kept on hold. I always send a support ticket (email) when i need advice. even if it is for something so simple that i cant do they help.

i do not use the product feeds and upload all my product myself, the new owner Stephen is very nice once you get used to the way he works and is completly to the point and in my opinion honest, keep trying to get through and have a chat with them and then you can make up your own mind. pop into www.thedropshipforum.co.uk and have a look in there.

my advice is to do some research into different companies and go for what you feel can give you what you need.

I have a site with dpbuk and also have just created one through doyourownsite

both have been very fruitful with support and each one gives me something different to work with.

I hope this helps.

Sara

• 3 weeks later...

I had a website with the old DPBUK and after a year had not had much success so ended the contract. Unfortunately when they were taken over and trading as DPBUK Solutions I had money withdrawn from my account without my consent or knowledge. It took a long time to get a response from DPBUK Solutions and only when I threatened legal action did I eventually get a refund. I had also requested that I be removed from their database as I was receiving unwanted emails. Again it took a long time for these to stop and now 7 months later they have started again. Its frustrating as they deny all knowledge that I was removed from their database. If that is the case the communication from them has been very poor as I havent heard from them in 7 months! They can't have it both ways. Its also a bit of a worry that in their terms and conditions they state:

By using our services, you agree that you will not attempt to undermine the integrity of dpbuk or provide information in a public arena that would undermine the integrity of dpbuk Solutions Limited. Any such information if found will be required to be removed immediately or direct legal action against the parties/customer concerned will follow.

Its as if they are frightened to have honest feedback about them.....

I had a website with the old DPBUK and after a year had not had much success so ended the contract. Unfortunately when they were taken over and trading as DPBUK Solutions I had money withdrawn from my account without my consent or knowledge. It took a long time to get a response from DPBUK Solutions and only when I threatened legal action did I eventually get a refund. I had also requested that I be removed from their database as I was receiving unwanted emails. Again it took a long time for these to stop and now 7 months later they have started again. Its frustrating as they deny all knowledge that I was removed from their database. If that is the case the communication from them has been very poor as I havent heard from them in 7 months!

Hi Carl,

As discussed with you today, yes we did take the company over, and yes your details were mistakenly left on file, for which we apologise.

When a company is taken over, there are usually grey areas, and infrastructures that need to change, and improve, and over the last 8 months since taking over we have done that.

The reason for your initial longer response when we first took over, is that we were still dealing with the takover, etc.

There was a database issue, that unfortunately meant your details were left on the file, but this is the inetrnet, and tehcnology and sometimes things do happen, again for which you were given an apology.

We are sorry to hear that it did not work out for you with dpbuk, albeit the majority with the first company, and we wish you the best of luck in your future.

Hi

Basically all i can say is i have never had a problem with getting any advice from them, the best way is to email, sometimes (from experience) they are very busy and you may be kept on hold. I always send a support ticket (email) when i need advice. even if it is for something so simple that i cant do they help.

Thank you Sara, much appreciated to give a balanced view, because as is human nature, people only tend to seek such forums out when they are experiencing an issue, and not to heap praise.

This looks like a good forum, and as mentioned, it is also good to see balanced views, and not just from customers who have intentionally looked for forums, when they had issues.

All companies receive negative press from time, to time, as no company is perfect, but it is important to learn from such comments and improve the service where required.

What we offer is a business solution, and is NOT a consumer entity, but business-to-business, which by it's very nature tends to mean that customers do not seek out forums for praise as standard, unless it is an industry-based forum.

Best of luck

Hi Carl,

As discussed with you today, yes we did take the company over, and yes your details were mistakenly left on file, for which we apologise.

When a company is taken over, there are usually grey areas, and infrastructures that need to change, and improve, and over the last 8 months since taking over we have done that.

The reason for your initial longer response when we first took over, is that we were still dealing with the takover, etc.

There was a database issue, that unfortunately meant your details were left on the file, but this is the inetrnet, and tehcnology and sometimes things do happen, again for which you were given an apology.

We are sorry to hear that it did not work out for you with dpbuk, albeit the majority with the first company, and we wish you the best of luck in your future.

I was under the impression in our conversation that the database was lost and so the backup was used including all members who had requested their details were to be removed. You also suggested I "should have better things to do with my time" than to contact you and request not to be emailed. As the MD of DPBUK you seem to have no regard for the Data Protection Act.

For the record there was no apology given by your support team. They denied all knowledge of any previous correspondence with myself as did you until your memory was "jogged".

With regards to any libelous claims which you state I have made I would be keen to have details.

Hi Carl,

The claims made to you were factual. You have also been apologised to for any inconvenience caused.

If you then decide to push a situation, after receiving an apology, then that is your decision.

As mentioned above, no company is perfect, or forums such as this would not even exist, but my earlier comment about people not being inclined to heap praise is true. People do not go out of their way to seek out such forums to heap praise, so any company on any forums, would never be given a true appraisal on that basis alone.

We have taken over this company, and we do not pretend everything went smoothly.

You were communicated to on the phone today, and an apology was made, which was genuine.

The result of this situation will be used to improve our services to our customers, so we thank you for that.

Best of luck.

• 2 months later...

I was looking for a complimentary business to my main website and I signed up with dpbuk as they have a special offer.

Bought the lingerie website package - paid for hosting & SSL - in all coughed up approx £110.00.

When I downloaded the products onto the website many were duplicated an some were even featured 3-4 times on the same page. Enough to put off any potential buyer.

Checked the supplier..same address as dpbuk and the product range very poor.

Very basic admin panel and when I tried to change the website template I had an error message.

Apparently the SSL facility is going to be available in early 2009!!!

Tried to call dpbuk - 30 mins on hold and no one answered. Emailed support - automated response. Called another number - doesn't connect and then retried the support number another 22 minutes on hold.

Gave up and called my credit card company. Will be contacting the OFT on Monday.

Singularly unimpressed :mad:

Hi,

Yet again, it is very easy to post comments onto a forum without hearing both sides to a story.

Just to point out though, that dpbuk are a TRADE only website, and not a consumer entity, as is this forum's title. This forum, is a consumer forum.

Now, coughed up £110? When similar websites can be purchased on the internet for as much as £4000+, it is an astronomically small amount of money to pay for a website solution, including one year's hosting on our servers, including technical support, free dropship account, free domain name, 5 templates and much, much more. We think you would struggle to find similar value in this industry.

Supplier poor range? We deal with some of the most exclusive brands available to the UK, and the UK manufacturer we use is one the largest, and most respected, and we have NEVER had a complaint about lingerie products.

Basic Admin panel? You are joking, yes? Our software is one of the most advanced, and controlled on the market, with every application needed to run a website business - unless looking for excuses. You can see a version of our software here:

xmlConfig

Tried to call dpbuk, and was on hold for 30 minutes? Well, considering right at the top of your website, is a little flashing banner saying "need support" which also details that our phonelines do get extremely busy due to the popularity of our offerings, and to ask you to use our ticket system, how many tickets have you submitted, and what are the reference numbers, so we can investigate? Tickets are completed every single day without failed - all backed up, for reference, in case of disputes such as this.

Gave up and called the credit card company? You mean you were trying to steal back the payment for what you have purchased. That is fine, it will be challenged. You have entered into a legal trade agreement with our company, and we would expect you to act and behave like a trader.

Singularly unimpressed? So are we, because as a trader, you should know that this is a consumer forum, and you should also, as a trader of our website, who agreed to certain confidentiality clauses, know that your posting containing trade company information, is breaking the terms of the contract - the trade contract, you agreed to, so if that is the case, how can anything you say be believed here? I am sure you would not be happy if we, as a company broke our side of the confidentiality agreement, and started to brand your personal details and details of your account around? So please respect our side of such an agreement.

You have a voice, yes, albeit on a consumer forum, when your concern is a trade concern, but dpbuk has literally thousands of customers in the UK, and if you do a basic search, you will find a few negatives, yes, but when compared to the many customers, it is a miniscule amount, and people are also more inclined to leave negative, than seek out such forums, to heap praise.

Go and do searches for companies like Sky, British Gas, and the likes, you will find negative comments about ALL of them, but does that mean they are not a company to be used, absolutely not, because all circumstances are individual, and as with any other company, the majority of customers are satisfied, and only negative comments will be highlighted, as is human nature.

If you wish to visit an industry forum, which IS a trade forum, to discuss dpbuk, then see here:

The Dropship Forum .co.uk :: Forum index

The above IS a trade forum, and not a consumer forum like this one.

As these are technical products we are dealing with, yes, things do go wrong, as we are dealing with electricity at the end of the day. It happens to even the largest websites on the internet, although most do not seek out a public forum to air their anger, but contact the company, through advertised channels to find the solution. If the phone lines were busy, then we would have expected you to have submitted a ticket to the technical support team, as that is their job.

We await confirmation, and tickets numbers, and we would remind you about the contract you entered into with our company before continuing to break any agreements you signed up to - trade agreements, and not consumer ones - such is the basis of this forum.

We are always available to help our many customers, and look forward to investigating the tickets you will have known to send, in the event of the need for technical support.

Thank you.

Just to clarify, that we are a TRADE ONLY company, and this is a consumer forum. This has already been explained to the forum administrators, although they still choose to court traffic by accepting postings and threads from outside of their advertised arena.

Hi,

Just to clarify, that we are a TRADE ONLY company, and this is a consumer forum. This has already been explained to the forum administrators, although they still choose to court traffic by accepting postings and threads from outside of their advertised arena.

Oh dear - how very patronising.

From the forum linked in the above post

listen I know that dpbuk are under new management and that they post on here and some how always turn every complaint I've seen on these threads back onto the customer.(always go check it out) so just for them i am simon morgan owner of 4u4less.co.uk please check your systems before posting 'tell me who you are and ill sort it' i have been told many times when i get a response via email "it will be sorted".
Now where have I seen that complaint before.

Oh dear - how very patronising.

Nothing patronising about it, it is fact, and has been taken up with the administrators, who chose to ignore it when highlighted.

What we offer as a company, is 100% unrelated to this forum, it is not a consumer entity, and carries different terms and clauses, to any consumer transaction; as well as different legal agreements.

From the forum linked in the above post

Now where have I seen that complaint before.

Yes, and the following is also from that forum:

I can recommed dpbuk - i had a few teething issues, but all were easily sorted out with their help.
A big Thankyou for Stephen and Andrew @ dpbuk for getting me back up and running.

I now understand there was a lot off grey areas left when they took over dpbuk and the amount off work they are having to put in to sort these out. Thank you for all your hard work

I could show you many more, just as you could find similar, although your quote from 4u4less, I think you failed to see this one:

The Dropship Forum .co.uk :: View topic - Dpbuk Limited ( A Must Read)

I posted a few months ago during the takeover, let’s just say I had a few issues and was on the verge of throwing in the towel!

Well I’m glad to say that these issues were worked out and I’m back on line and all is well.

So many people seem to take the time out to spread only bad news!!! I didn’t want to be one of those!!!

So I’m here to say how happy I’ve been over the last few weeks with all the help I’ve received from the team at dpbuk especially Steve!!! Everything has come together really well, the sites running smooth and I get as much help as I need!!!

I think in the online business world it’s easy to feel alone and stuck if you don’t have the knowledge to sort things out; it’s important that you work with a team that is willing to understand your limitations and the stress this causes you. dpbuk seem to have found the balance and have been a crutch for me to lean on over the last few months.

I’m making sales and even a little cash.

So big thanks for all the advice from the guys on the drop shipping forum it’s a great source of information and help I’m so glad I found it. and especially to dpbuk

As you can see, we can all find anything we like comments-wise on the internet, and make it look good, or bad, and taking that into consideration, when you remember my point from earlier, about the miniscule amount of comments on the internet, compared to the amounts of customers the company has, considering it has been running over 5+ years, then we are more than satisfied with that, as are the vast majority of our trade customers - most of which would never be found on such a forum.

This may be a fantastic forum, but the point being made, is that it is a consumer forum, and we as a company do not deal with consumers, so any reference should not even be on this forum.

Best of luck.

....... and we as a company do not deal with consumers, so any reference should not even be on this forum.

Best of luck.

So what you asking for is censorship.I wonder if you would be taking this stance if the comments here had been complimentary.

You seem to forget that business users are also consumers, and each cannot operate in isolation of the other.

I myself operate two businesses, and find the comments on the forum very helpful; even those about your company.

I wonder if you would be taking this stance if the comments here had been complimentary.

We would still find it strange, because what our company provides has zero relevance to the core content of this forum. It is not common practise for professional traders to visit a consumer forum looking to research information on starting their own business.

We deal with business owners, and not retail buyers. Having any discussion on this forum about references to trade, is similar to going to a green lizard forum, and asking about downhill skis - chalk and cheese, and zero relevance.

Unless of course, the 'downhill ski' question, was posted in the 'general chat section' of the 'green lizard forum', and unless I am grossly mistaken, this thread is posted under 'general consumer issues', when it has nothing to do with consumers. The name of this thread "d-pbuk-has anyone had any bother with them", well, why would anybody on this forum have had bother, when we do not deal with consumers?!

Going back to the green lizard forum, would somebody asking in the "vivarium's for sale section" ask the following: Has anybody here had bother with this particular make of downhill ski? Of course not - zero relevance - good comment or not, and I think you will find there are good comments in this thread, too. That was the point being made.

Thank you.

Edited by dpbuk solutions
addition

Even the best run companies have critics, and the one thing you don't do is try and censor these. This leads to people wondering if there is something to hide.

You have gone to great pains to point out that your company should not be mentioned on a consumer forum.

Like it or not it has happened, and instead of using it to your advantage you continue to alienate potential customers, of which I, as a business owner, could have been one.