Please Help feel like im sinking..!

jolajo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there Jo:)

Loads of luck to you. It's been such a struggle, but the outcome will really be worth it.

I've had my response to LBA for 3 weeks and STILL havn't done my online claim. NO TIME!! Kid off school and I'm building a cottage (not joking) and trying to work/study. Please kick me up the backside!!! Everybody put hassle posts on my thread cos i'm being really dippy!:p

Fingers crossed for you sweetie, email me when u hear anything?

Kate x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

not been on line still having fun and games with ntl... thats another story? I've come to the library to be able to post my update?

Today was the final day for them to file a defence, rang court, they said had received a reply pack i think they said? anyway whatever reply thingy they sent to the court....they sent it blank!!!

So the bloke said that's classed as a not acknoledged the claim so file a judgement...WHOOOO HOOOO? NEARLY?? not got cheque yet, IM NOT COUNTING NO CHICKEN'S....

Sending judgement off tomorrow...and wait !!!

Let ya no when hear anything

post you's soon as?

Figures crossed that it all works out for you, wishing you the best of luck.

• NatWest - WON
  • Barclaycard - Data Protection Act request letter sent 11/07/06
  • Non compliance with the Data Protection Act letter sent 02/08/06
  • PAL sent 21/08/06
  • Monument - WON
  • Studio - WON

Cheers Karnevil, love your pink thingy bob?

Thanks Ms Robinson too, Anyone no how long takes aprox once sent judgement back, court would of received today?

Just so I have an idea, ie whether 6 days, weeks, or months??

Once judgement is granted - you can issue a warrant to recover your money after at least 7 working days..... could be interesting ?

could be interesting ? Was a little puzzled by what this meant??? should I be worried ha ha

The judgement was stamped 31st Aug, I rang today (thurs) which is 7 days but not working days, and was surprised to be told I can enforce the judgement??

There sending the forms out so will get tomorrow hopefully!!

Its weird however close to the end I get it still doesn't stop the niggling thought at the back of your mind that something can still go wrong???

So near yet feel still so far???

I put in for judgement on 4th, on 5th I received CPR part 18 and defence from cobbetts, nothing from court, I could have put in for judgement on 31st august but couldnt get into town, hope I get judgement granted, would love to send bailiffs in

CHRIS WATKINS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi back again,

After I had my judgement granted, I also received CPR part 18 and a defence from Cobbetts, claiming their responce must of been lost in the post?

I rang court and they said not to worry basically they were putting the frighteners up me and to carry on with the execution, which i did.

Now they have put in for the judgement to be set aside and am waiting to hear whether or not i get a date for court.

If i dont respond to any posts quickly its only as ntl keep reconnecting me only to disconnect me the next day so i have to keep coming to the library!!

I dont know what cobbetts are playing at, they filed their defence 8 days late in my case, and the courts allowed it :o ,I hope you get your money soon, its about time the courts clamped down on cobbetts and made them keep to the time scale like the rest of us have to

CHRIS WATKINS

Cobbetts submitted their defence over a week late with me. too! I had logged the execusion of the warrent aswell as their time had ran out!

Going back to when I contacted the court regarding their responce, a clerk informed me they 'had' returned it but it was blank? He then advised me to go ahead and file the judgement??

I hope a note was put on my file as they then tried to get away with it by saying lost in the post.

Cobbetts are also claiming I didn't send in list of all my charges, which I did 2 pages were stapled to my claim form, Also in the section 'detailing my claim' they are denying all the 'Acts' etc and saying I have to give my reasons for these allergations?

Quote "I dont know what cobbetts are playing at, they filed their defence 8 days late in my case, and the courts allowed it ,I hope you get your money soon, its about time the courts clamped down on cobbetts and made them keep to the time scale like the rest of us have to"

Here here !!

It makes you wonder if the fee's have anything to do with it??

• 2 weeks later...

Received letter from court 26th Sept returning my request for warrent of execution as the evidence I provided for fee exemption was dated may 06. Thing is, I had already with my application sent dss letter dated within the 4 weeks and didnt realise I had to obtain 'another' letter from dss.

I have a hearing date for the 8th Nov, I am having problems getting my bundle together which should of been submitted today. When I have tried to deal with it my head turns into fuzz!

Flamin eck? easier said than done, I haven't even got a printer?

Im going to have to try and get in at the Law society or C.A.B, my head cant take any more! words are merging together and nothing is sinking in....

Ive got the Dr ringing me up to lunch so i'll have to wait unti after then.

Nat west have a lot to answer for, back in Feb I wrote and explained I was on medication for depression n anxiety, (which has already been increased a few month ago) yet I get to the point of executing my granted jugdement and they and their legal eagles still play with lives when they are in the wrong!

I dont no how they sleep at night..about 4 weeks they took every penny of my incapacity and child benefit for 2 children, as for the aftermath from refusing to pay my D/D's im still having probs with the arrears!!

When I received Cobbetts 'late' defence, court clerk told me they were putting frighteners up me and so I didn't think much more about it until N24 arrived;

It is ordered that

1. the defendants application to set aside judgement be listed for hearing on 8th Nov

2. enforcement and execution of judgement be stayed in meantime

3. comply with CPR 23.9(2) BY THE 10TH oCTOBER

A party served with this order who did not receive notice of the application may apply to the court within 7 days of service of this order to have it set aside or varied. ????? dated 25th sept although top of letter dated 3 oct

I've just been going through correspondance and wondered what anyone thought regarding;

2 Notice of Issues I received from court ; 1 claim for £481 and 1 for £4 k.

The claims were both issued on 7th Aug were served on the 9th, the defendant had until the 23rd Aug to reply.

I rang court on 7 Sept and told responce had been returned but was blank so go on to enforce payment.

8th Sept I received payment in full for the smaller claim,no problem yet in another envalope Cobbetts defence for the larger claim..2 weeks after the deadline.

It seems obvious this is due to backlog but why should they of been allowed to get away with it and why pay up for one account but not other when all that was different was the amount ?

• 2 months later...

i know how you feel!! Anyway have finally managed a spreadsheet charges come to £5040 this is just straight charges no interrest added am l ready to send this with my first letter to nat west need a bit of reassuarance from someone please!!

Reduce your claim to under 5K plus interest. Small claims will mean no risk of costs awarded against you. Start your own thread and keep us posted of your progress.

Good luck

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Yes you shoulod be bothered about the interest, but as long as your charges claim is under 5K you can go down the small claims route. Intereast will be added later.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Hi sorry for not replying sooner I dont come on often. Definately claim the interest, you will be quite shocked at how much this can add onto your claim, You just need to watch the 5k limit for small claims,

I'd advise to read up on ' the step by step instructions ' on this site as it helps to get your head around it all, (eventually after 10 times or so, just kidding??) rather than be told what to do, if it goes to court you'll need to be confident about what your doing and what your talking about.

Also....Click on 'start a new thread' this will be YOUR very own thread, for you to ask questions relating to your case and receive any responding advice to your query.

Title it eg ellisnan v nat west and put ALL your posts on it, that way you can keep your posts in running order and not all over the place on other peoples. You'll find this will work better, good luck

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1909 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks