FredT v Nationwide

FredT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i hope so fred.............fingers crossed!!

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

Thanks for the support. Can't see the money going in today. Called again to speak with Richard Huntley and was told that he was in a meeting and would call me back...he hasn't in the past so not holding my breath!

I expect I will be calling at my local County Court Monday to file for judgment and I hope not to be told that they have filed a late defence.

Fred

aww, Fred...........keep calling him!! and then call Mr Bacon!!! i really hoped you wouldn't have had to go through all this!! x

Just called Mr Huntley again. Was told that he was still in a meeting but should not be much longer and he will call me back as soon as he gest out of the meeting. Then called Mr Bacon and went straight to voice mail - left message for him to call me too.

Still zilch on the account. The way that they are behaving they must be losing customers in droves. To think that when I was working I had all my salaries paid into that account (in one particular job it was around £3k a month) and then they treat people like this.

What really riles me is the fact that I have a letter dated 2 April stating quite clearly that a refund was in progress.

Fred

I know Fred hang in there!!........they have behaved appallingly!! to tell you they will put the money in your account and then take this long to do it is shocking!!........it doesn't take them 2 seconds to take the money from your account but 18 days to refund you!!...........x

Mr Huntley has just called me back. He said that they have 60 claims to pay on today and over the weekend. he said that mine was being treated as urgent and that I should take his word for it that the money would go on my account either over the weekend or on Monday.

He said that they had to check every claim carefully because they have had claims for £11K which when they look at the account should actually only be for £100!!

He also acknowledged that they are inundated with claims.

Fred

There's still hope then??:D

It's a shame that people are now trying to abuse the system by trying to claim more then what they're intitled too!

Most of us just want back what's ours.:mad:

However the banks wouldn't be in this position in the first place if there charges were reasonable.

And also this was something that the bank said???? Hmmm:p

Good luck:grin:

well Fred at least they phoned you back!! so roll on monday then..and i hope you can begin your shopping spree soon( or rather your wife can begin!!)

lori xx

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone

Can anyone tell me the timescale for Nationwide debiting their charges from accounts after the direct debit has been unpaid etc?

I seem to recall on an old statement that it was 28 days but having looked at my online statements it seems to be longer than that - but variable.

Fred

Hi Fred,

I think it is 28 days from the date of the statement which is usually the 14th of each month.

Now then, they date the statement on the 14th of each month,inform you they are going to take the charges from your account in 28 days time (usually the 11th or 12th day of the following month!) yet I don't know about you but I don't usually receive my statement until about the 25th of the month (11 days AFTER the statement date) therefore the so called 28 days notice is none existant!!:mad: could this be a breach of contract on the Nationwides side?:confused:

Just a thought!

Hope this has helped a bit.

stay fresh peeps

regards

chris