problems with npower

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just read tiglets saga - blimey that is bad.

My probs are a bit more straightforward.

Gas is on a meter - I keep putting credit in that is not showing up I have done their card thing test and they say the meters okay but where is my cash going. I put a fiver on it and it shows up as 2 pounds. I can't afford it as I'm on benefits.

I have rung and rung to no avail, it seems I can't prove this is even happening.

Also, I put five pounds credit on yesterday afternoon and today I had no gas.

How can I use that much gas in one single evening??

Electric. When I switched from card meter to direct debit I thought I would save money. Now I pay three times more and they are always writing to me saying I owe them even more money, I straight up can not understand why. The house is gas central heated and I have a gas oven. I don't have any electric heating implements. The only thing that is electric is really the shower.

I would like to switch supplier but fear a huge bill of electricity that is outstanding.

Npower can give me no explanation as to why my bills have rocketed.

What should I do?

To check if a debt is on your gas meter.

Hold in button A untill it bleeps. then press it in and out, you should go through differant screens. When you get to screen 24 put the card in. on screen 25 and 26 it should be set to the same amount being the min and max it will take a week. screen 27 will tell you how much debt is left to pay. Always stay out of the emergency with these.

It seems you are in your emergency a lot cause it giving you 30 per cent for gas and 70 per cent to pay off the standing charge and emergency back it is owed and any debt if set on meter.

Hi angel

Are your new bills for your electricitybased on estimates or actual readings?

Also, be aware that Npower's prices will have risen since you had the meter fitted, so this may account for some of the rises.

And yes, mne is a saga - one I'm just about to add too ...

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.