skint31 v lloyds tsb ** WON**

skint31
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just started the ball rolling by asking for bank statements I'm absolutely petrified. I believe Lloyds TSB are one of the worst banks to try and claim the money back from? I've heard some talk about them sending me a questionaire, is this true? They've always made me feel small.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind the questionnaire, read here first:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Then a couple of threads from here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/

You will get your money back, just follow the steps detailed on this site and ask questions on your thread and help will ensue.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

Thanks, I have carried on reading and feel a bit better now. I think my claim is gonna be about £3500, is that still classed as a small claim (certainly isn't small to me!)

Is it 40 working days to get statements or just 40 days?

Thanks again

Hi, thanks for the info

I printed off the template letter, preliminary approach repayment, know I probably sound really thick but how do u get it to print off without all the ads down the side etc?

Also when calculating charges what exactly do I include? Do I include bounced cheque charges? and standard overfraft fees.

Sorry about all the questions these are all the little things that are keeping me awake at night!

Thanks

Hi again

You can copy and paste it into a Word document (does that make sense??)

You can include:

unpaid d/d

unpaid chq

unpaid s/o

unpaid loan

o/d excess fees

o/d usage fees

can't think of anymore...??

You can't claim monthly account charges for say a Select/Platinum account.

You can claim some o/d interest but not all, you would have to use one of the spreadsheets in the library to work out which parts are claimable.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi there I was pseaking to someone at Lloyds TSB yesterday and they said it was 40 working days for them to send statements and not 40 calender days. does anyone know which is true?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sent my claim off by recorded delivery it was recieved on 16/4/07 does the 14 days start from this date?

Also does anyone know if lloyds TSB will close my account? tried to open another one at RBS the other day but they wouldn't do it because I had charges on my statements!!

Hi

Do you mean the N1? If so, you will be notified by the Court when it has been served.

Lloyds have 14 days from the date the claim was served (it is served 5 days after you filed it) to acknowledge the claim, and then 28 days from the date it was served to enter a defence. You will then receive a copy of their defence and you may receive an Allocation Questionnaire to fill in.

Lloyds probably won't close your account.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi sorry I meant I sent list of charges requesting refund, sent it signed for recorded delivery it was recieved on 16/4/07, I've had a letter back saying investigation could take up to a month. When do I send next letter is it 14 days after they recieved it, or 14 days after I sent it?

Thanks again for your help

Sent my LBA letter today, does anyone have an idea what to expect from LTSB? The anticipation is starting to get to me a bit!

Wouldnt expect much from Lloyds probably another fob off letter or you'll be totally ignored. almost sure you'll have to go to the moneyclaim senario.

they never pay out on claims over a grand without the court - be prepared that it'll be made as difficult as possible for you but also know EVERYONE is in the same boat not just you.

Im at moneyclaim stage (claiming £3200 inc interest) and they acknowledged on the 20th and have until around 8th may to put in a defence (which im sure they will do) then it'll get transfered to local court (its all lloyds way of hoping people get scared and drop the claim and also there way of dragging it on as long as possible)

remember its YOUR money and remember MOST people are in the same boat so dont panic:cool:

Lloyds TSB WILL pay :mad:

Lloyds TSB - amount owed £3200 (filed with moneyclaim 5th april 2007 - acknowledged 20th April - failed to defend - judgment issued 9th May for £3393.06)

Capital One - amount owed £260.00 plus interest Sent 2nd letter asking for money back 17th April 2007 - been slack on this one forgot about it - got letter week ago saying looking into it and will get back to me - will take more action once i get lloyds money in my account and get these guys to MCOL stage

• 1 month later...

Hi I got another fob off from Lloyds TSB after I sent LBA

I'm really unsure what to do next? I've phoned the local court who have sent me 3 lots of forms to send back. Please can anyone advise me of info I can read up on as to what to do next. I know I don't sound very bright but I find this site really helpful but a little confusing and I don't want to make any mistakes. How long does it take to get a court date from this stage?

Thanks in advance

First read here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

The court form (the 3 copies you have) completion details are here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

14 days plus a few weeks makes no odds.

How can I tell that as I do not know what forms they have sent you? You have both you should be able to tell. However, they probably are the same, should all be referenced N1.

If you loose (unlikely) then yes you have to pay your own court fees and generally if your claim is

Hey sorry if I'm annoying you, I probably should have worded it better! I meant if I download from the link you advised is it the same thing as using the N1 form from the court which they sent in the post?

Please can anyone answer my question? Does anyone know if I fill out the details on the N1 link if it is the same as filling out the N1 foems the court have sent me.

I'm really unsure of what to do, will the court accept a printout or would I be better off handwriting the N1 forms as recieved in the post.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated I would like to get it sent off ASAP before weekend

Thank you