Welshbaba 'v's HSBC

welshbaba
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a little bit of experience regarding both court cases and cardiff county court.

My advice to you all

1) everyone's case has been stayed. whether you get official confirmation before the 14th is irrelevent....even on cases the court deems important orders can take weeks before they arrive(even when they say they have been posted).

2) If you turn up on the 14th you will be turned away...even if you haven't received the official order..the court will verbally confirm that it has been stayed.

3) My advice submit your application now. If your worried simply ring the court and ask them to verbally read order to you. It will simply say that the case has been stayed and if you wish to have it set aside or varied you must make an application.

4) The sooner people make a set aside application the better chance that the 14th will be used as an en block hearing for the removal of the stay.

5) Cardiff Court are doing whats convenient for them, not justice for the claimants or even for the banks. They have never taken bank charges cases seriously. Please do not be put off my court clerks who tell you not to bother with further appeals. They are (my opinion) trying to lessen their work load.

Thanks SA, just getting the final bits and bobs sorted then gonna trot off to the post office.

Have put as evidence: the letter, copies of letters i have sent,statement of evidence and pasted the OFT thingy Mostyn posted - will this be ok??

Thanks

Sha:)

Do DG have to contact the court to request the stays or do the courts just decide? It just seems that after the case everything was suddenly "stayed". Am i suppossed to hear this from dg aswell as the court

Sha

According to most of the banks websites it states that they will be appliying for the claim to be stayed pending the outcome of the OFT case. To me this means that they will have to apply for the stay. Whether they just write to every court involved with penalty charges claims and ask for a stay for all of the claims or they have to individually apply for a stay I don't know.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

You will probably receive something in the post regarding the stay eventually. If you had an offer earlier on it will probably say that that offer still stands and do you want to accept it. The choice will be either to accept that offer or wait until the outcome of the OFT case. You will also have the choice of setting the stay aside, but it is still early days as to whether this is possible yet. Hopefully we shall get some news from people attempting to set the stay aside to see if it can be done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Hiya Sha The Master of the Rolls refused to give the 8 banks a blanket stay - they have to apply for a stay for each individual case....that's 800 at last count for Cardiff on Tuesday. I got a latter from DG - there's a first - saying they would be applying for a stay, but nothing yet from court. Will phone them tomorrow. But there a reference to Judge Higginbottom going ahead on Manicblonde's thread , post 65...but can't find Cityguy's report yet....Confused !!

Update: reference to Hickinbottom going ahead was from 27th July, so probably now changed. ..but ... if we are all going to put in objections to the Stays ( hopefully), I think we should all go for a hearing of the case - extra £30 I know, but at least that puts us on the offensive again, putting pressure on the courts to hear our cases...

Exactly Mostyn and shows your not happy with this stay situation.

The Master of the Rolls (effectivly the Chief Judge in the UK) refused to apply a blanket stay but has asked one of his othe legal eagles to write to each of the county court Cheif Judges and tell them its up to them. I read this to mean its up to each court what they do and if we apply pressure, especialy with these early cases there is a good chance they will go to trial (you will get an offer from DG).

Also beware of posts about what is or isnt happening, this situation is moving quickly and the oppinion of a court employee might be valid when stated but could change an hour later, if you have paperwork from the court use this to base your application to have the stay set aside, if not because this I think is now common knowledge we will have to rely on our litigent in person status and maybe apologise a bit to Mr Hickenbottom for our inexperience when you get to court :)

pete

Agreed Pete, at this moment I think we should all be going to HEARING of applications against stays - just posted same on Cardiff News thread - because although the details have changed, our strength is still that we are so many and have right to be heard in court system. ....

Mostyn, i'm not really sure what you mean about attending the hearing still, i thought they were stayed. I sent off my removal of stay etc yesterday (6/8/07), told no £35 fee. Whats the £30 you are talking about. Sorry if i'm being dim, just want to understand fully. Have I now done something wrong then?

Thanks

Sha

Hi Sha You can have the application for removal of stay dealt with either without a hearing (cost £35) or at a hearing - you get to attend - (extra£30 for this) However both fees have been waived, so I think everyone should request a hearing of the application to remove stay - we will probably all end up on the same day again !! Let's keep the pressure on!

Hi mostyn thanks for that I've been holding off a bit because of the conflicting news but I'll send mine thi afternoon asking for a hearing.

on a different not last month HFC bank settled with me, but with all thats going on with HSBC I forgot to inform the court (bad boy), I had a letter from DG this morning informing me that their client had settled and to inform the court of this, funny how they can now find time to write to me when all other correspondence has failed

Ian