**settled In Full**

kazdoc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is this quite common for them do so? Or is it as I imagine a case of pot luck? Was hoping they wouldn't respond, but one can only hope eh? Is the fee for the AQ returnable? because I believe it may be about £100. Although i estimate my charges to be about £500 I could get the shock of my life....hopefully.

Karen :oops:

05/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) posted

07/03/07 Offer made of £457. Rejected. Offer remade of £651, accepted.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Please don't forget to make a donation!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you charges appear the next day?

Oh yes, Oh yes! The full £180

Have arranged a loan today with a great interest rate of 5.8% to cover overdraft, should be in the account in 7 days time, so i wont owe them anything. Will call them as soon as it arrives to ask about my SAR. Really dont think I will hear about my statements by 16/02/07 as I didn't send recorded delivery, so I'm sending another cheque and letter out at the end of the month.

Have read loads over the last week, downloaded forms, read templates, read FAQs 7 times and plan to again. Feel totally prepared now. I have no fear! ;)

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Got another question for you guys, during another night of research I came across something that i think conflicts with what i thought was right.

OK, suppose I'm just about to file my claim either with MCOL or an N1, I'm not sure what to write in the daily interest bit. I was going to leave that bit out as I thought I would have to calcualate overdraft interest (which I wont have) and it could be complicated. Then i read another thread, where a 'victim' (!) was advised to take total charges and multiply by 0.00022, no mention of incorporating overdraft interest. If this is the case then naturally i will keep it in. Is 'total charges' the standard bank charges total? or is it bank charges plus 8% statutory interest X 0.00022? many thanks, now back to the studying.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Ok think I have worked that last question out (well the calculation anyway). Am I right in thinking that my daily rate of interest would be my total bank charges (without the 8%) X 0.00022? Could be wrong, just an educated (ahem) guess.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Correct. Else you'd be charging interest on the interest:)

HALIFAX

30th Oct 06 - 18th Jan 07 - Success in claiming £3617.95

HALIFAX 2nd claim

5th Mar - 16th Apr - Success in claiming £176

EGG (3 accounts)

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

17th Mar 07 - Paperwork received - bits missing

19th Mar - Non-compliance for missing bits posted

9th Apr - ICO complaint filed

BARCLAYCARD

20th Jan 07 - SAR posted

21st Mar - Statements received

23rd Mar - Prelim posted

31st Mar - Offer for £30 rec'd

10th Apr - LBA sent

Good news this morning.

Halifax cashed my £10 cheque which I sent on the 5th. I didn't think they would as I jumped the gun and didn't send it recorded delivery, so I half expected "we didn't recieve it". So thats great news, highlighters are ready and waiting!:p

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Just had a thought. Sent off standard SAR letter. Will this just be my current account that I get statements for or will it be my old credit card? I closed the account over a year ago and shredded the statements so have no idea about card number etc. Just wondered that as it was a Halifax credit card they may include the old statements, or is that just wishful thinking?:cool:

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

I think its probably just wishful thinking, when you sent off your SAR did you not put your current account number on the letter, if you did then I guess thats all you will get. When we sent ours off we only got current account statements even though hubby has a halifax one card.

Thanks Doo, I guessed that it would just be current which is fine. Just recieved another two charges totalling £88 today for going £12 over my overdraft limit. God I cant wait to send my prelim letter!

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Dont forget when you add your new charges, to add the ones at the end of the month...! the little extra..............

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Most bizarre. I actually got £118 worth of charges. Wow thats £326 in less than a week, all because I went over my overdraft limit by about £50 quid. Thats the first time ever and now I can totally understand when people on this site say how just a few bank charges made things spiral out of control. Thankfully I have a loan arriving anyday to pay off overdraft and hopefully I will get them back. What a hoot?

One of the charges (the £10 cheque for our SAR) didn't make me go over my limit, but I got charged £30. I've checked and checked again so it is clearly an error. Will write them a letter pointing out their mistake tomorrow. Don't feel at all on edge or at all stressed because this site has given me confidence. What would I have done without you all?

Donation when I win!!!!!!!!

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

That happenrd to me about 2 years ago. I got 3 charges in 1 week, and within 2 weeks i was falling into a big hole that i coulnt get out from. Every week they kept all my money so it became a vicious circle. It took me about 8 months to get out of it again. And they offered no help at all. It was a total nightmare.

That is why my claim is so high, and why im getting soooooo much satisfaction knowing everyone is doing this. :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

My niave head is still in shock at how easy it is to get into trouble and what villians they really are!

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

hi, I thought the same as you - but I like others have suffered at the peril and penalty mercies of the Halifax, spiralling me into an unmangeable overdraft 5 years ago - had to borrow and go onto "special measures" with the bank to gradually reduce the amounts - took three years and my credit file was noted! Now, after discovering this site - zero tolerance - they can pay back every penalty charge they have imposed - not just me - the missus and my daughter. Have to say that i'm a little nervous, but these guys are giving me daily confidence and fight - you go for it! I am - good luck!!

Halifax - paid out without getting to court - £250 WON - no intention of going, stated too costly!!

Halifax no 2 account - paid out without a fight - (by mistake, £1650 - should have been £1200 - had to pay some back)

Not quite in the same league, over limit by £100 after Christmas, so far £118 charges plus interest including a £30 charge for buying one bag of coal at £6.25!

Giving me a little bit extra, yeah right!, New bank account is set up ready to go, 0% credit card is on it's way and SAR letter sent.

Interestingly, one of our local MPs was all over the news yesterday, addressing the Commons on this very issue, unfortunately, he is Lib Dem so Bliar etc won't listen (too busy worrying about racists on big brother I suppose).

Have had three people come in to work this week asking about legal action against their bank over charges, we've sent about £5000 worth of work down the tube by directing them here, see, there are honest lawyers out there!

I never doubted you lawyers for a second!

Just worked out that all in all we went £61 over our overdraft limit and got charged £326! AND........we warned them in advance, by calling and saying that my husband would be paid a day late (yes thats right ONE DAY) due to the New Year Bank Holiday!

Alomost felt sort of guilty when I first started this (Yes, I'm in need of a slapped face), but now to hell with it. Can't wait to wipe the smile off Howards face!

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

HI, I AM SENDING MY PRELIM LETTER TODAY.

WE ARE IN A REALLY BAD STATE WITH OUR MONEY, THEY CALLED US YESTERDAY REQUESTING THAT WE RETURN OUR CARDS AND CHEQUE BOOKS IN TO OUR BRANCH, HOW **** DID I FEEL AFTER THAT CALL?

IT ALL STARTED WHEN I CHANGED JOBS, GOT PREGNANT QUITE SOON , TO SOON TO BENIFIT FROM THE 50% EARNINGS ON TOP OF SMP, BABY BORN 3 MONTHS EARLY SO MONEY WAS SHORT.

WE MANAGED TO COPE BUT HAD TO EXTEND OUR OVERDRAFT TO MAKE A DIDDERENCE AND TO TRY AND AVOID CHARGES, BUT THINGS CREPT UP ON US AND TOOK OVER.

NOW WE HAVE THE SAME AMOUT OF MONEY GOING IN EVERY MONTH, BUT DUE TO CHARGES A LOT MORE GOING OUT, AND IT GETS WORSE EVERY MONTH, THE SNOWBALL EFFECT.

WE ASKED THEM TO EXTEND THE OVERDRAFT AGIEN BUT THE REJECTED THAT REQUEST, WE ARE NOW TRYING TO REMORGAGE TO CONSOLIDATE OTHER OUTGOINGS TO FREE SOME MONEY UP EVERY MONTH.

WILL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR PROGRESS ON YOUR CLAIM.:o

Help anyone!

Halifax have sent a letter of offer less than 50% of claim (between 2000 and 2007); they also said that under of remit of Contract Law, a legal entity called stature barred gives them the right not to consider figure I have put forward for 2000. MCOL due to go out on 24 Jan. Does any one know what to do? Can they impose statute barred when indeed my claim started on 9 December? I am due to send a letter to today or tomorrow at the latest as they have also imposed a 2 weeks limited to their letter dated 9 Jan which I only received yesterday!

HELP!

I've no idea what you do on claims over six years so have not heard of the above. I'm totally lost on this one. Maybe start a thread entitled "Statute barred" and see if anyone comes forward? There are alot of people on here claiming past the 6 six years so I'm sure someone will help. Good Luck!

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

I've no idea what you do on claims over six years so have not heard of the above. I'm totally lost on this one. Maybe start a thread entitled "Statute barred" and see if anyone comes forward? There are alot of people on here claiming past the 6 six years so I'm sure someone will help. Good Luck!

Kaz,

Try this for claims over 6 yrs:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/3598-do-you-have-charges.html?highlight=claiming+over+6+years

If you read through the forums & posts, you will find that some people have had success with claims going back over 6 years.

If my advice has been useful, please click on the scales to he left of this post - thank you

If you found my advice to be useful, then please click the scales to the left - Thank you.

Halifax - 13/01/2007 - Prelim sent

Halifax - 27/01/2007 - LBA

Halifax - 19/02/2007 - Filed N1

Halifax - 21/02/2007 - Telephone call from Halifax offering FULL SETTLEMENT (inc costs & 8% s.69) - RESULT!!

Advice & opinions given by Survivor are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks Survivor. I'm personally not claimimg for over six years, but all the more info the better!:p

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!