trouble with barclays help im new n ***WON!***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello everyone new to this site hope i am in the right place for help.

i will try to keep this short but am very confused.. I have started my claim against barclays ( reclaiming 2400.00) after sending out the usual letters got an offer of 880.00 although i really need this money ( bailiffs about to start knocking). i decided to press for the full amount, i have just sent my lba letter saying i would accept as part payment etc. I decided to be brave n give them a call today

firstly the number they quoted if i wanted to discuss further was actually the alliance and liecester card control dept. they kindly gave me barclays number

called that be told that the offer they had sent me was full and final goodwill etc and there wouldnt be another offer if i wanted to take it further at my expense i could take it to court, apparently they said they have not recieved my letter yet.

help what do i do now i am really scared have i shot myself in the foot not acceptin thier offer.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thankyou josamolly, i am just scared to death of going to court, and if i have all the relevant info etc. do they usually send another letter offering another amount n any idea how long it takes on average. are barclays still payin up it seems they have become the toughest nuts to crack...just my luck.:confused:

thankyou josamolly, i am just scared to death of going to court, and if i have all the relevant info etc. do they usually send another letter offering another amount n any idea how long it takes on average. are barclays still payin up it seems they have become the toughest nuts to crack...just my luck.:confused:

You are worrying to much, as Josa says it standard stuff. Barclays like all banks are paying before you get to court.

just an update on the previous worry, wrote barclays standard letter accepting part payment and would go for rest in small claim court. recieved letter today saying (i quote) I confirm our offer, made as a gesture of goodwill, was in full and final settlement of your complaint. As such i am unwilling to pay you the sum of 880 as an interim measure. Iackwnoldge that you reqiure your claim to be settled in full. However after careful consideration i regret that i am not able to increase our offer. should you wish to accept our offer please sign and return etc..

it would appear we are unable to reach a mutually acceptable resolution.

i appreciate this is not the response you were hoping for but trust i have fully explained the banks posistion......

HELP. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS KIND OF RESPONSE AND GONE ON TO WIN WITH BARCLAYS

i really need this money. but dont want to loose 880.00 either.

thanx in adance.:shock::confused:

thankyou, but not sure what to do now, what is the next step, what is this court bundle i keep reading about what do i need to send and to who.i keep reading different posts and think i have got myself very confused can some one put it very plain for me please, i think i am paniking now so unable to think straight.

OK, I can see you're getting worried. To make sure we know what's going on I want to break it into simple steps. Let's just check exactly what you've done to date, so please answer questions 1 and 2:

1. You've sent the preliminary request and letter before action, and you've had an offer that you aren't going to accept - is that correct?

2. You then phoned them and told them you're not accepting their offer, or did you contact them some other way or have you not told them what you're going to do about the offer?

If you haven't done so you should reject their offer, a letter is the best way to do this. Here are some templates for doing that.

If the two-week deadline you have given them is up you then need to start court proceedings. Check here to see if you're exempt from court fees and here to read up on the basic procedure. There is no point filing your court claim until you are sure that you know the procedure.

The bundle, also called trial bundle, also called court bundle, is all the documents you will rely on in your case if it ever goes to trial. It would contain copies of letters, bank statements, the legal authorities you will rely on. There is an example you can adapt here that's suitable for small claims hearings. You don't need to worry about that yet. Normally you'd send that to the court and the bank 2 weeks before the trial date.

Hope that helps, post back with any questions. It's better to ask questions that you might think are silly than to not ask and make a silly mistake :)

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

thanx advo8, i have sent letter stating would accept 880.00 only as part payment etc. they replied saying it was full and final and that if i didnt accept as full and final settlement it would appear we are unable to reach a mutually acceptable resolution.and they are un willing to pay the 880.00. Do i just go to the court online now and fill it in.then get my bundles printed off.

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Barclays always withdraw the offer if you do not accept it as full and final settlement of your claim. This is completely standard stuff, but I do think you need to do a bit of reading around - this will help you http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

i have sent barclays a bog standard spreadsheet of charges i have tried to open the spreadsheets on here that work everything out for you incl the interest etc, so i am singing from the same hymn sheet as everyone else. only prob is my computer wont let me open them or save to my computer are there any more spread sheets about that i can use please.

morning all, ithink i have sorted the spreadsheets, just a couple of dumb questions

1, i have filled in my mcol on line in the signature bit do i just type in my name ?

2, i have read somewhere that you cannot pay using visa electron is this right n if so can i use my sisters halifax card with it being in differet names n when does it ask for the 120.00.

please can somebody help as i wasnt to do it b4 i take the cowards route of acceptin pathetic offer and regreting it for all eternity. thankyou.

morning all, ithink i have sorted the spreadsheets, just a couple of dumb questions

1, i have filled in my mcol on line in the signature bit do i just type in my name ?

2, i have read somewhere that you cannot pay using visa electron is this right n if so can i use my sisters halifax card with it being in differet names n when does it ask for the 120.00.

please can somebody help as i wasnt to do it b4 i take the cowards route of acceptin pathetic offer and regreting it for all eternity. thankyou.

1. yes

2. As soon as you submit the claim.

oh no in a heap of pooo. i have just sent the mcol n paid ysuing my sisters cardit has been accepted n i have my case number etc. here is the BIG PROBLEM. I HAVE PUT DOWN THAT HER ADRESS IS 84 SPR..... ........ ....., IT IS INFACT 64 HEEELP WOT DO I DO SHE HAS GONE NUTS AND I AM NOW CRAPPIN MY SELF. please please can some one help me