please note all nationwide customers

lee6370
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to let any Nationwide customers know, make sure you open another account.

They are closing mine, because i took them to court.

They said because i wasn't willing to adhere to their terms and condidtions i.e. pay the charges, they are going to close my account.

So you've been warned, still take them to court just make sure you have another account ready and waiting.

you are reporting them for closing your account aren't you?

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

You should report the nationwide to the oft.

The oft has said that Nationwide's charges are unfair -- along with the other banks.

If the nationwide now close your account simply because you are relying on the oft statement then it follows that the account closure is also unfair. If the oft accept this it means then they are accepting that the banks are attempting in this way to frustrate their own investigation and their own conclusions.

Report the retaliatory closure to the oft. It is important that everybody does this

I've said in my letter that I require full repayment AND an undertaking that they will not close my accounts.

If they fail to do both, I'll go to court, regardless of what they pay back.

--

Nationwide started 25/4 Statements 19/5/06 Settled by Tomlin order

Barclaycard started 26/4 Statements 3/6 £350 claimed

Claim 6QZ42513 - Default Judgement 1/8/06 - Settled for £358

New claim started for further charges, Prelim letter 3/10

DPA issues included in claim

Capital One started 26/4 Statements 31/5/06 £550 claimed Claim 6QZ46307 - Settled for £552

Littlewoods account default REMOVED

Camden Council PCN £84.59 claimed Claim 6QZ54253 issue 22/9/2007 Claim dismissed :mad:

Parachute packed and tested :!: and they know who I am now...

Moneyclaim is STILL busy... ;)

<link removed - sorry>

I would suggest that it is a term of their contract that they would treat you fairly and reasonably. They are bound by the banking code to do so and although they would argue that the banking code is merely a code I would say that it is incorporated into the terms of contract; after all they do trumpet the banking code when they try to sell you the account.

The fact that you challenge their charges when they are well over the oft is stated £12 maximum tolerable limit is, in my view, merely attempting to insist that the bank conducts its contract with you according to its own terms and conditions. Therefore it seems to me that you could have a court action on the basis of their breach of contract. They have clearly referred to your refusal to abide by the terms and conditions and that statement is clearly made in context of your refusal to accept their high charges.

If you do feel angry at about this then I would have thought it would be very interesting to put in a claim for their breach of contract on the bases of the account closure.

It would be very novel that would come at no risk. You would be asking for an injunction not to close the account. Although this is speculative I can even imagine that the nationwide would attempt to offer you money to prevent litigation continuing.

Over to you -- if anybody was take this further then let me know

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks