Mbna Group Question

Rhia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick bump up the thread (can't bear it Cornucopia's thread is getting all the attention)

LMAO!!! I just came on here cos I though "aahhhh, poor Rhia, her thread is all the way down..................................................................there:eek:

Being the lovely person that I am, I thought I would give it a little bump, however, I think I'll have a little gloat instead!!!!:D:D

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a lovely thread Rhia!

xxxx

Perseus

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

I think its a lovely thread Rhia!

xxxx

Perseus

OI! Whose side are you on Mr??!!! LOL!!!!

Where's you kitten heels & boa on MY THREAD??!!!!:D:D:D

Rhia, I think we can safely say that we are equally popular and partners in crime! ;)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Corn! :o I'm surpised you need to ask..... ;-)

By the way Rhia

Count me in on the MBNA run-around.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/60847-urgent-advice-please-dca.html

CCA turned up after 41 days, photocopy and illegible copy of application - not fulfilling the requirements.

Didn't have to pursue at Colin Pugh (who's on hols for another 1 1/2weeks) gogw'd the account clear-including all charges, contractual int!)

P

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

Corn! :o I'm surpised you need to ask..... ;-)

By the way Rhia

Count me in on the MBNA run-around.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/60847-urgent-advice-please-dca.html

CCA turned up after 41 days, photocopy and illegible copy of application - not fulfilling the requirements.

Didn't have to pursue at Colin Pugh (who's on hols for another 1 1/2weeks) gogw'd the account clear-including all charges, contractual int!)

P

I should think SO TOO! outRAGEOUS!!:eek::D

Lucky Colin Pugh! Holiday? What's that then?????

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Just put my CCA request in the post - hopefully it will shut those Mean Banking Numpty A**eholes up for a bit!

Nationwide - Prelim sent 02/07 - MCOL filed 04/07 CHARGES SETTLED IN FULL!!

Woolwich- Prelim sent 04/07 - Offered 90% - 06/07 accepted

MBNA - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 03/07 - CCA reply (illegible + no T&Cs) - DCA sent packing - Restons now trying - gone quiet

Citicard - Prelim sent 02/07 - CCA request sent 04/07 - replied 04/07 No contract & not enforcing!- passed to 1st Credit- gone quiet

Egg - Prelim sent 02/08 - 3 letters - full offer 03/08 SETTLED IN FULL!!

(All starry, rep, clicky thingies gratefully received!)

My turn to BUMP Corn...you're doing a great job... keep it going.

Don't think I am not spying on you Mrs!!! LOL!!! However am currently rubbish as have alcohol poisoning.:D:D:D:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi all :)

I am due in court on the 21st March to fight against IST Credit applying for final charging order on my home.

Mbna sent a letter to me on the 40th day deadline of SAR request stating if I required a Sar to send a cheque for £10 blah blah blah.

They are priceless . They sent my original cheque back with the letter to me, asking if I need a sar to send £10 !!!

I sent a letter back to them accusing them of using delay tactics , along with a copy of the original SAR letter and original cheque,and received a letter almost by return stating that they would now conduct a SAR as I had requested !!!

This is the link to my thread if you fancy a read. I could do with all the support I can get as I must admit that now the court date is looming ,I am pretty nervous !!

Thanks

Hope xx

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/57495-1st-credit-mbna-applying.html

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

Guest Battleaxe

TS,

The charging order is just to secure the debt, I am betting they think you wont front. The Judge will listen to you. Just have all the documentation together regarding MBNA and I don't thnk it would hurt for you to write to the Court , disclose what has happened, backed by copies of your SAR and MBNA's replies and ask for the Judgement to be set aside until a later date, as MBNA are in breach and as a percentage of the debt is made up of unlawful charges and MBNA sold the debt on while in breach of the Consumer Credit Act.

You have nothing to loose with this and perhaps if the Judge doesn't adjourn the hearing he might be more sympathetic toward you. You could CC ist credit into this and also start a complaint with the Information Commissioner against MBNA for non-compliance. these can also be forwarded to the court, sothe Judge can see what your doing.

Hope this helps.

Good luck

We cannot have this thread all the way down at the bottom of page 2! Where's Rhia, actually I think she got embroiled in a Cabot thread bless her!!:D:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Hi all am including this in this thread as well as my own thread.

sent CCA to both MBNA and CRAP1. MBNA just used 1gbp to reduce balance(no pound sign on keyboard usa laptop). emailed and wrote to customer advocate office MBNA re using fee to reduce balance(have tracked both and both delivered) no responce. Both are now in default after more than 12 days. In 1 month they will both have commited criminal offence (teaching you to suck eggs I know) question do I have to do anything now, I believe best for me to just sit on it till then and pay next installment through Debt management company.

Backgound MBNA was old Bank of Scotland card taken over by MBNA approx 2003/2004 (funny had no problems till then), reading MBNA forum believe that good possibility MBNA do not have original agreement from BOS. CRAP1 after them for charges and PPI due to pre existing condition.

Thanks for all help given links

CRAP1 http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/70112-dpick-capital-one.html?highlight=dpick

MBNA http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/69982-dpick-mbna-capital-one.html?highlight=dpick

dpick:mad:

• 1 year later...

Hi

Can someone explain an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to me. I am having great problems with MBNA. Firstly I am disabled and have been told I will not work again, before that I had a very successful business. I have given MBNA all the medical documents etc. I was forced to take out their PPP which is worthless. They turned down my PPP claim to start with but eventually paid up. I then started getting charges on my account for late payments. They were making the PPP payments, days after they should have, I compalined and got nowhere.

I complained to the FSO and won a minor victory. The insurance company than sent me a letter stating they has paid of the complete balances at the time of the claim. But I was still left with large account balances. After 27 months one card went down by only £900, that card has now increased by over £4,000 in charges in 10 months.

Being Disabled I only receive Higher Rate Disability Living Allowance, after my car is taken out I receive £260 per month, which most of that goes in petrol. I have a carer who looks after me (my wife).

I made a complaint to MBNA regarding why my cards balances hardly moved, todate (10 months later) I have not received a response. I have taken the matter to the FSO for mis-selling the PPP, I did receive a letter from them and quote "the insurance benefit level of 3% meets and exceeds our requirement" I pointed out that I was paying for this insurance and it should be the customers requirements not their. To date I have not had any responses.

I offer to make a payment of £2 (3 times, by fax and Recorded Delivery) until the matter was settled by the FSO and at the time asked them to take me to court, I never received a response. I have now received a default order and court papers. I have told them I am going to fight. They are greddy bullies, my account has been paid off twice now but they have managed in the last 10 months double the balance on one account from £5,000 to over £10,000 and on the other account by another 5-6 k. They ahve tried to get the matter at a court miles away from where I live, knowing I have a wheelchair and have to sleep in the afternoon?

They are now trying to put a charge on our house - which is owned by my wife. They sent me a letter recently saying I should remortgage or get family and friend to pay the amounts off.

Any help would be great. Anyone knowing of a class action against them on being forced to take out their PPP?

Robert

Hi Everyone

I am a relatively new member and noticed this thread!

I hope you are all still around and would like to know how you got on with your battles!

I sent Global Vantedge a cca request (for my virgin mbna credit card) and MBNA sent me a letter saying they 'thanks for you payent but can't cash it as its not made payable to MBNA!) Stalling tactics methinks as, as far as i am aware i am entitled to make the postal order payable to the dca.

My thread is: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/148736-me-global-advantedge-virgin.html?highlight=global+advantedge

What do you think?

:)

Robert you need to start your own thread about this one and hopefully you will get more help. It sounds as if MBNA are on a hiding to nothing but you need to get this one sorted out. If you need help starting a thread or don't get any responses send me a private message (click on my user name to find that link) and I will do what I can to help.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON