Mbna Group Question

Rhia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5816 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

Just reading this thread......MBNA paid my £10 cheque sent for my statements into my actual MBNA credit card account reducing the balance by £10!!!!!

I have no idea what they are doing - I was simply sent a letter saying they would respond to my `complaint` by 22nd March!!???

Good luck to everyone.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning RCR - it could be one of two things.

You'll get a letter stating, 'we haven't received your £10 you state is enclosed', followed by another 3 weeks later stating, 'We have located the £10 PO as it was incorrectly credited to your account - we will now process your SAR within 40 days of receipt of the payment'.

or

'We have not treated your request as a "Full SAR" request, please complete the enclosed form and submit £10 if you require a full SAR' and then when you argue you've already sent it.... See option 1 above.

Either way - it's a delay tactic, if you know it's been paid onto your account, and you haven't had a reply to your SAR yet - write a letter asap recorded - stating the obvious, or call them and let 'em know what cock up they've made - and insist on them rectifying the error...

Don't forget - stick to your timescales - not theirs.

All the best - Perseus.

Corn and others - I'd be very interested in getting more info on your 'en-masse' action... If there's a link or thread - please post it, I'll join in :-)

xx

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

Guest Battleaxe

I have been thinking about the Mass action to the FSA and how we could work it.

As I volunteered to collate everything I will also need signatures at the bottom of the everyone's statement, to verify that I have not created this one out of the blue (creative writing?)

Rather than trust things to the ethernet and as electronic signatures would have to be verified,

Here are my thoughts:

A statement from each person listing account number, name address, telephone or email address and action taken to date, listed in chronological order.

We can draft up a covering letter and I will post the epistle off to the FSA in one very large envelope.

The statements would have to be sent to my snail mail address. To get that you will need to PM me if this idea is acceptable.

I promise, I will not be reading your details, I will photocopy everyones synopsis, for record purposes, but once we have notification from the FSA of receipt I will burn those copies.

I think M55's idea about a mass email out would have a nice touch also.

As there is to be a parliamentary Select Committee hearing regarding the banks and their cartel, I am thinking about contacting the LibDem member who was interviewed by the Daily Mail and see if we can make a submission either in person or in writing to the committee regarding MBNA and their flouting of the law with impunity. There are several ways we can bring pressure to bear, individually it like a gnat bite, but a parliamentary Select Committee is another matter. This is one time I am prepared to travel to London.

Let me know if you find my idea acceptable and I will open my PM box so you can get my snail mail address and telephone number from me. At the moment I have it limited to my buddy list.

Guest Battleaxe
BA, I have those email addresses! I have the technology, I have the power and I may want MBNA to crash and burn!

M55,

Burn, baby burn, as far as I am concerned:lol: :lol: :lol: Can I supply the matches?? Please????

M55,

Burn, baby burn, as far as I am concerned:lol: :lol: :lol: Can I supply the matches?? Please????

Morning everybody!! Good God, you have been busy, I am happy to go along with whatever, however, for now I have been banned from the site as my daughter says I am neglecting her, my husband is sulking and I need to clean the house!!!

Please PM me (or email me if you have my address BA, P & M & Rosierose) if there is anything of particular importance that I need to know! I will try and pop back later!!

Wahhaaaayyyy, I love a good fight!!!!:D:D

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

BA I think there are a couple more Lib Dems who have spoken out re the banks etc. I think Vincent Cable is one. Need to do some research.

I am also happy to come and lobby as I have done this in a previous life. I don't think we are using our MPs enough in this row. I know some of them have directorships with the banks but at the end of the day they are elected by us and we should complain and make it clear we expect them to act for us.

I am going to complain to my own MP and will do that this weekend.

BA I am very happy for you to drive this and can give you my information to add to the bundle. We need a number of complaints from across the Uk to show how widespread this experience is and to be in no doubt that this is deliberate policy by MBNA and not just the isolated admin error.

(PS Corn your MBNA Agreement thread is looking pretty poor. Tee hee!)

So what sort of information and format do you want a submission made in?

BA - thanks for offering to head up this movement. Really!

Chronological - as in day 1 - SAR - Day 40 LBA - Day 47 2nd LBA etc?

Do you need copies of MBNA's template responses (reply relevant or not)?

Do you need any written authorities to act on, submit or discuss on our behalfs?

If a case has been 'sort of ' resolved but had non-compliance issues throughout - would this be worth submitting or not?

Sorry - just wanted to make sure you don't get piles of envelopes on your doorstep including stuff thats not relevant, usable.

Perseus

xx

Hi dpick:p again

If anyone has a template letter to send to an MP I would be glad to amend and send to my MP, my written English not so hot.

I have had calls at all hours of the day and all weekend from Global Advantage re MBNA before I when the debt management way. Will watch this thread for more ways to make MBNA sulk.

The more the merrier

Hi dpick:p again

If anyone has a template letter to send to an MP I would be glad to amend and send to my MP, my written English not so hot.

I have had calls at all hours of the day and all weekend from Global Advantage re MBNA before I when the debt management way. Will watch this thread for more ways to make MBNA sulk.

The more the merrier

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/72839-please-help.html#post631115

Can everybody get over to this thread and give this guy some support, it is ABSOLUTELY BLOODY SHOCKING! I have posted and hope he reads it soon and I have asked him to post on here aswell.

I have asked some questions of him so we know what we're dealing with.

We have got to do this, these people are ruining lives!:-x

Right, I must get off again before I am lynched!!:o

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Guest Battleaxe

I am going to ring the FSA on Monday. As this is an exercise in information gathering to prove how MBNA is treating the claimants for refunds and breaches of the relevant Acts.

I think if we give the FSA the synopsis of our treatment replies to open the investigation. They will most probably require MBNA's replies later on, but I will ask these questions to make sure we get all the correct documentation together.

I don't think you will need to give me permission to act on your behalf as we are just going to prove who we are and are genuine with our grievance.

If the FSA wants us to meet with them, then we will adress that when the time comes.

OK, I am going to unblock my PM box...arrrgghhh..I will give each and everyone my snail mail addy and phone number for reference.

I am also going to email Colin Breed, my own MP is useless, yes Perseus he the equivalent to our froend rachael, so I guess he can be called Useless as Mountain Oysters on a cow. if you don't know what Mountain Oysters are look it up. I have posted elswhere who he is and what he stands for, and the reply he gave me when I wrote to him about unlawful charges.

Guest Battleaxe

Corn,

Just sent an email to a special little girl, hope you are using Outlook Express, have spent the last couple of hours creating it. better check you spam folder. LOL..

Corn,

Just sent an email to a special little girl, hope you are using Outlook Express, have spent the last couple of hours creating it. better check you spam folder. LOL..

Just got it THANK YOU!! She is delighted!!! It is gorgeous!!! She is drawing you a picture so you'll need to let me have your address so I can post it!!:)

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/72839-please-help.html#post631115

Can everybody get over to this thread and give this guy some support, it is ABSOLUTELY BLOODY SHOCKING! I have posted and hope he reads it soon and I have asked him to post on here aswell.

I have asked some questions of him so we know what we're dealing with.

We have got to do this, these people are ruining lives!:-x

Right, I must get off again before I am lynched!!:o

Oh My God

This is absolutely terrible. I think a lot of people will be happy to help SampleX in this one. Just to make things a little easier, I'll post all the links for what is needed.

What a rough ride, and I thought I had problems with MBNA!

Px

Hanging!!

Guys, can somebody help Ajjars out with this??? We REALLY need to see this agreement as so far, she is the only one who MIGHT have one! I don't know how to upload the scans and we need this info as you will all appreciate! She told me last night that she had scanned it.......so we could get it soon!

In which case R, she will have to post on my thread!:(

Right, I have got to go, am going to end up with a divorce, even my 8 yr old is asking for a foster mother!!!!!:o

The other thing, before I go:rolleyes:, I have actually been considering the possibility today of requesting a meeting with Mr Wareing (MBNA's legal chappie) and a whole bunch of us going up (or down depending where you are) to see him.

I wonder how differently they would behave faced with human beings rather than the faceless names we are to them? I definitely think it is worth considering? Any thoughts??

Corn xx

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Guest Battleaxe

Wee William wont have a face to face meeting. The one we need the meeting with is the head sherang at Chester Towers.

Corn, get ajjars to email it to me and I will upload it.

Hiya,

Sent my SAR - Received 22/2.

Had response from the infamous Steve Bailey letting me know that they are currently investigating my 'complaint' and will provide me with a full response by March 21, 2007.

Complaint? Did he even READ the SAR??

I will be giving ScabbyMBNA a call as asking them exactly what they need to 'investigate' on Monday morn.

MOAN:- I'm sick of the way in which thieving financial companies play us for fools hoping that we will just lie down and take it! – its just FOUL play!

Why has our government cast a blind eye....???:confused:

Can we claim for the stress caused by financial difficulty theses companies put us through??:(

I am also going to email Colin Breed, my own MP is useless, yes Perseus he the equivalent to our froend rachael, so I guess he can be called Useless as Mountain Oysters on a cow. if you don't know what Mountain Oysters are look it up. I have posted elswhere who he is and what he stands for, and the reply he gave me when I wrote to him about unlawful charges.

LMAO at that one BA!

re meeting wee william as an x boxer could I meet him PLeasssssse

dpick:)

Can I join in as a rather large ex doorman? :D

Guys, can somebody help Ajjars out with this??? We REALLY need to see this agreement as so far, she is the only one who MIGHT have one! I don't know how to upload the scans and we need this info as you will all appreciate! She told me last night that she had scanned it.......so we could get it soon!

Corn and all - I believe the moderators/site staff have to enable a user to post attachments - otherwise it would be an available icon in the top toolbar on everyones 'post a reply' box. That's probably why! I.M.O. Px

Right, I have got to go, am going to end up with a divorce, even my 8 yr old is asking for a foster mother!!!!!:o See my recent PM - me too!

The other thing, before I go:rolleyes:, I have actually been considering the possibility today of requesting a meeting with Mr Wareing (MBNA's legal chappie) and a whole bunch of us going up (or down depending where you are) to see him.

I wonder how differently they would behave faced with human beings rather than the faceless names we are to them? I definitely think it is worth considering? Any thoughts?? Lovely Idea, but as BA said, I don't think it will happen. He's cautious enough on the phone, he'd have a fit with a group of us face-to-face. He'd have too much to lose, we're all mostly as informed as he is regarding CCA / DPA law now (I think modestly!)

Corn xx

Be interesting to see the agreement, quite a valuable tool if it ever gets provided by MBNA, they don't like sending them out for some strange reason!

P

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/72811-mbna-properly-executed-agreements.html#post632139

Guys, have a look at my DEADTHREAD (LOL!) and see what Seniorservice has posted!!! WTF?? Never mentioned this before and has done nothing with it. I have told him/her off as you can see!!! LOL!

Go forth and admonish..................!!!

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Rights kids, I am going..........am in SO MUCH TROUBLE!! Catch up tomorrow xxx

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Me too, until tomorrow, adieu

P