Electric Lemon V Barclays - £5000!!!!

electric lemon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scnuggs was mistyped there!

Should read Schnuggs - a cross between a cuddle & a snuggle!!

Saintly was absoloutely right.:)

Live off loads of these from my man & my tiddlies. :D

They're sooooo good for you, & I was just a sharing the lurve around to you special people.;)

Els:D xxxxxxx

Hi Leccy, could you post your comments about the guy supposedly handling your claim in here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/94602-barclays-litigation-team-good.html

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Awwww Dar£n,

Thats so precious & real thoughtful of you to post the icon/picture of Maddy. Im impressed. Thank you for doing that.

Im a Mum of three with a son the same age as Maddy & a baby so I completely & utterly feel the pain for this lovely family.

I am happy to post on the thread you've left.

Off I go!

Hi electric lemon,

Not sure if you've seen it but I've asked about who is incharge at the Barclays litigation team in the "how do you find them" thread dar£n started.

I just think that Robert may need to have some gentle pressure applied from above as he doesn't seem to be as on the ball as the rest of the team.

Cheers,

KA

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

**************no reply***************

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

Hi Koala,

Do you think we should call again???

Im a little nervous about doing that as we dont want to P**s him off?

I havnt seen anything else about him?

Do you know anyone that has also got Robert saunders dealing with their case???

Leccy, this is YOUR claim dont let this guy give you the run around, see my reply in the other thread.

Next time, if they fail to deal your way, tell them you are not happy with their response and that you will see them in court on the 18th. and then simply say, thank you for your time and hang up.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Leccy,

I'm with dar£n on this. I had similar problems getting information out of my court - I didn't understand what was happening with my claim as they weren't really explaining it properly. I ummed and ahhed about calling again and in the end I did and had all my questions answered and worries removed.

Call, don't worry about annoying him, he's annoying you right?

Cheers,

KA

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

Hi guys,

Well email went off first thing. A-la-Dar£ns advice.

Saw the Wiggles - fab!!

Came back about 5.p.m. & there was an email from Robert, saying....

Dont worry hadnt forgotten you!

(Are you kidding!!! You have done twice already).

I am on the case & will send out a letter re full settlement today.

(Yeah, right, heard that one before!).

So, we have absoloutely Noooooooooo faith whatsoever really.

We're not excited like we thought we would.

We just feel we're still just 'plodding ' along.

We will just wait & see, however if the postman doesnt bring that letter by Friday I seriously think I might just drive up to see this chap & present myself in person!

So there we are. Basically we have been told the same thing....AGAIN!

If its any consolation I dont think he sounded as lethargic as before, so maybe thats a good sign!

Hi Electric Lemon

Just joining your theard as I too have Robert Saunders dealing with my case. I emailed him this morning and got a response back within 10 minutes stating that I will hear back from him with regard to settling before the end of June. Stick with it mate the penny has finally dropped that we will get our money back. Fingers crossed for you get your letter by Friday.;-)

volks23

Progress

Barclays/Woolwich Claim 1

Pre Lim letter sent 15/12/06

LBA sent 29/12/06

N1 filed 25/1/07

Acknoledgement received 15/2/07

Defence filed 26/2/07

Amendment submitted on 5/3/07

AQ submitted on 15/3/07

Hearing Date 13/07/07 friday

Offer received on 07/07/07

Settled in Full on 09/07/07

Barclays/Woolwich Claim 2 (Pre 6 Years)

Pre Lim Letter sent13/07/07

Response Received

LBA sent 24/07/07

Response Received

N1 Filed (07/08/07)

NatWest Claim 1&2 (Pre 6 Years)

S.A.R sent 11/07/07

Statements received 04/08/07

LBA sent 04/08/07

Associates CC

S.A.R sent 13/07/07 - Awaiting their response

Capital One CC

Working out charges

Hi Volks,

When is your court date? And if its not rude how much'ish is it for??

Does anyone know what the highest figure this litigation team are working at for reimbursing before court?

Just wondering as I have my other claim with them for £6800 with interest.

Hi Electric Lemon

My court date is Friday 13th July and my claim is for £3.5k. If this one goes successfully I might have another go for beyond 6 years. Although at the moment still just reading loads of other threads to try and get to grips with it.

Here's my thread if you wanna know the full story.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/71185-volks23-barclays-help-please-new-post.html

volks23

Progress

Barclays/Woolwich Claim 1

Pre Lim letter sent 15/12/06

LBA sent 29/12/06

N1 filed 25/1/07

Acknoledgement received 15/2/07

Defence filed 26/2/07

Amendment submitted on 5/3/07

AQ submitted on 15/3/07

Hearing Date 13/07/07 friday

Offer received on 07/07/07

Settled in Full on 09/07/07

Barclays/Woolwich Claim 2 (Pre 6 Years)

Pre Lim Letter sent13/07/07

Response Received

LBA sent 24/07/07

Response Received

N1 Filed (07/08/07)

NatWest Claim 1&2 (Pre 6 Years)

S.A.R sent 11/07/07

Statements received 04/08/07

LBA sent 04/08/07

Associates CC

S.A.R sent 13/07/07 - Awaiting their response

Capital One CC

Working out charges

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Well just to advise that our claim for 3k has been won & money in our account on Wednesday - HURRAY!!

HOWEVER, this thread is for my independent claim of £6800, which in fact having checked online have had an additional £170 added in charges since the claim was started which in total makes the claim now, ...

£7000!!

I heard from the court today that a date for a directions hearing has been set for August 23rd. 15 minutes has been allowed for this.

In addition I must put up Woolwich's/Barclays defence as they make reference to:

1. The particulars of claim do not provide details or particulars of the precise charges alleged to be unlawful.

Eh????

A full & detailed claim sheet went off showing dates, charge amounts, & details of what the charges were for.

i.e. where the charge was a Late payment fee I abbreviated & put in the sheet L/P & then at the bottom of the sheet put " L/P = Late payment fee, so it was perfectly clear.

There are 8 particlulars of their defence which I shall put up here as soon as I can. (toddler peepies permitting!!)

By the way what will be expected of me at the directions hearing?:confused:

Sorry I was thinking in credit card mode then!!!!

OMG ....I just checked my claimsheet & I am wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

I hought I had sent off the claim sheet using their abbreviations i.e.

RC - Returned cheque

UC - unpaid direct debit

OD - Unauthorised daily overdraft fee

etc

And thought I had put what the abbreviations were for at the bottom of the sheet.

The thing is when they sent me my statement they sent me a letter that I had requested pertaining to what the abbreviations were, stating clearly in a little table similar to what I have put above!!!

How can they put in their defence that they do not have all the particulars/details of the claim when they are the ones that "I" had to ask for what the abbreviations were for originally. HUH???

What should I do?

Should I send off another claimsheet detailing the abbreviations to the court with a copy to their solicitor??

Help??!!!

Hi EL!,

Well done on the other claim and much kudos to ya, the star you are:).

Re this claim though, I'd like to mention a couple of points - right or wrong - just to be sure.

which in fact having checked online have had an additional £170 added in charges since the claim was started which in total makes the claim now, ...

£7000!!

EL, as best as I can see, this has nothing to do with this claim. By all means demand it back, but they are likely to not settle this amount as it falls outside of this claim (I hope I'm wrong, but you might have to start the process again to recover new charges)

Also:

1. The particulars of claim do not provide details or particulars of the precise charges alleged to be unlawful.

Just send the Kn*bs another copy of your SOC.

Could be missing summit, just in case;)

Thai

Hi,

I'm at the 'awaiting court date' stage with Barclays now. I'm claiming nearly £10k and emailed Dino @ Barclays lit team today asking who's dealing with my claim. Apparently I have Kate Ashton too, but she's not back from leave until Monday, so gonna wait to see what happens then.

Well done EL for your first victory! Let's hope we're both quids in soon with our big claims!

I'll be keeping an eye on your thread....good luck!

Hi Guys!,

Thanks Thai - I will send another SOC as you have advised. Though the strange thing is they say they dont know what the charge abbreviations are, but I just used THEIR list!!!!!DUH!

Anyway, wanna know something......... husband & I just won again with Barclays for a joint account!!!! £4400!!!! (though half of this is going on the overdraught).

YeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHA!!

We had a directions hearing for 2nd July & a couple of days ago got a letter saying " Barclays would love to pay you as a gesture of goodwill'!!

I have a directions hearing coming up for this case £7000 - GULP, in 3 weeks time, so there may be a possibility of another offering letter winging its way to me this time?? I so hope so.

The main reason for this is because husband was told by them that they are sending out letters a month in advance.

It all seems to be coming together.:)

Hi Electric Lemon, I am at the going to court stage and have been told Paul Quinn is dealing with my claim and that it has gone to customer relations to verify my figures which are with interest just

over18k . So keep your fingures and anything else crossed for me will you!

If it goes to customer relations do you think it means they are looking to pay me out before court and do you know how long it takes ?

Hi Rich,

WOW BABY!!!! Thats some figure!!!

Is that your claim for the 6 years or did you go back further than that?

It sure looks like you will be getting your money real soon. Just the fact that you have someone dealing with your case & you had a court date is positive enough.

Pay day on its way for you!!

When is your court date? And is it just for a directions hearing?

Any idea how you'll spend your spondoolies?!:D

Luv Lemoney

Hi EL,that is including interest and court charges etc , I will be paying off all debts like a good girl and hopefully have a holiday or two and to try to keep my bank account out of trouble ! My court date is 30th 0f july but I am going on hols at the end of this wek and not coming back until the end of July a couple of days before court !:D