Koala Attack Vs Barclays

koalaattack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I just wanted to mirror pretty much every other comment on this board and say what a great resource it's been - particularly in convincing me to claim. I was a little against the idea due to the fact that I had actually gone over my limit but, from reading this, I am 100% committed now.

I wrote to get my statements at the end of Feb and they came through the other night - over the last six years I have been charged £2,450 which was more than a bit of a shock!

A friend of mine has just received a letter offering him 100% of his claim back so I am more spurred on that ever now - couple that with the whistleblower programme on Wed that showed me that I have been paying between £18.50 and £28.50 too much and I am very determined now.

I'll keep this updated so hopefully it'll be useful for others who are going through this at the moment, I may need some help but I'm pretty certain I will find all of the information I need on other threads so really this is just a dairy of my next few months. Like I say, I hope it works out well and I hope I can may be help some others.

I'm sending my letter tomorrow so I guess it all starts here...

Good luck to everyone, fingers crossed.

Cheers,

KA

PS I spoke to an advisor at Barclays today via the phone (I had to cancel a couple of direct debits). When I asked whether I had had any more paid referrals this week he asked me whether I had thought about claiming them back and suggested I did. I'm not sure whether this was a trick or something, part of me thought they might use it as evidence or something at a later date (I have an active imagination and have NEVER done anything like this before!) so I finished the call very quickly, hopefully without being committal either way. It seemed to me that a Barclays Customer Service Advisor was on record telling me to claim - this seemed very, very strange to me. Has anyone else had this happen or does anyone have any idea why this may have happened?!

Cheers!

Prelim letter received by Barclays: 26/03/07

**************no reply***************

LBA received by Barclays: 10/04/07

N1 filed at court: 25/04/07

N1 received by Barclays: 04/05/07

Offer of £1,885.00: 04/05/07 (turned down)

Offer rejection received by B'clays: 08/05/07

Barclays Acknowledge Claim: 11/05/07

Barclays Defence Filed: 18/05/07

Directions Hearing Date Set: 06/08/07

Case Stayed Until Feb '08

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno why they'd do that but then again they've offered me £4 more than I asked for today so who knows. They did however include an acceptance sheet for another account which they owe me well over a grand for so not sure wether they're devious, stupid or awestruck by their 30 minutes of fame!!!!

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Maybe this is the day we all get our money back - they seem to be on their best behaviour and trying to make themselves out to be extremely helpful and not money grabbing - we know the truth, but whilst the blow they recieved from whistleblower is still raw I may give them a ring!!!!:D

For all claimants in the Barclays Forum can you please, please reassure my mate here.

This thread is his thread and yet I helped him with his spreadsheet tonight and he is wavering on claiming.

He needs someone to give him a helping hand and reassure him that he will get his money back even though the claim is for many thousands.

Thank you. BTW - I'm in the First Direct Forum but at least you Barclayclaimers have the 'whistleblower' evidence to rely on.

Good luck to you all and please send KoalaAttack a post to tell him not to give up.

Thank you. (Sorry L but you were wavering mate, admit it!!!)

Claim against First Direct - WON - 29th March 2007

KA,

As long as you follow the advice on here and use the templates and timeframes you will do just fine..... this is a waiting game, a bit like chess, but youve got the winning piece.

If you remain patient you will be victorious.

you will receive an offer of goodwill prob about 1/3 of your amount.

You accept that as part payment informing them you will continue to recover the full amount.

stay with it buddy, its just procedure.

have we had anyone who has lost out?

not to my knowledge.

good luck

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Firstly, thank you all for taking an interest and giving me advice and encouragment. Harvest, thank you - I'll keep you informed mate (this is a bit of a joint thing now isn't it?!)

Anyway, I was a bit worried yesterday when the Barclays bloke started asking me to consider claiming, it all seemed to go against everything they would do so it freaked me a bit. Thanks to a very long phone call to Harvest and the other people on here I'm not worried anymore, more excited to be honest!

Just as a side note, and to mirror what torigirl said, when I spoke to Barclays on the phone again last night the bloke asked me why I had chosen the Additions account. When I explained I hadn't and that it had just appeared one day but I figured it was because B'clays were trying to get me the best account for my overdraft he went a bit quiet! He then said that he could "guarantee" me that I would be paying less with Additions than I would with a normal account. To cut a long story short, he couldn't do enough for me and worked out that I would pay £16 odd in interest with a normal account or £8 interest plus £14.50 for Additions. He told me that I would be paying double the interest without Additions but when I pointed out that I may pay double the interest but I wouldn't be paying an account charge, and infact I would save about £8 each month he just said "Um, yeah. I'll removed the Additions for you now sir!"

In short, Barclays cannot do enough for their customers right now - I'm hoping that will help my claim but there is always the danger that they are a wounded animal at the moment, I guess there's only one way to find out!

Worked out my claim plus interest last night and nearly fainted - £10 short of £6k which seems incredible. Harvest has reassured me that the small claims court would still deal with this as they don't include interest so I guess there is nothing stopping me.

My letter is written, my spreadsheets have been checked (a lot) so I'm now off to post them recorded delivery. I'll keep this updated but here goes...

Cheers,

KA

the bloke asked me why I had chosen the Additions account. When I explained I hadn't and that it had just appeared one day but I figured it was because B'clays were trying to get me the best account .... I'll removed the Additions for you now sir!"

Right, If you did not request this facility you were mis sold the product, not only can you get it cancelled you can request refund of all monthly payments, add em up you'll be surprised, tell em if they dont refund you will start another claim which will result in interest being added AND court costs.

Let us know..

Cheers, I did wonder about that.

I think I'll get this sorted first and then I will speak to them and ask whether they have any proof that I asked for this. If they don't then I will persue it (I honestly can't remember signing anything but it was a while back).

I'm having similar difficulties with the Carphone Warehouse over and upgrade at the moment - essentially, a bloke called told me I was due an upgrade and that he would send me the phone. Got the phone, didn't like it so exchanged it as they told me I could. Got receipt for upgrade stating cost was £0.00 and yet Orange have charged me £50 for it. When I explained they said they would listen to the call and see if the sales man said the word "free". If he didn't say "free" then I have to pay aparently even though he definately didn't say "cost £50" as I would never have agreed.

I'm wondering whether Additions is like this - I didn't say I wanted it but I also didn't say didn't I want it until last night?!

I think I might just do one claim at a time!

Cheers,

KA.

Re Orange.

If you have a receipt that clearly says Upgrade Charge = £0.00

Then stick to your guns,

have a read of my thread

Once you threaten them with court they WILL back down.

Hi Beamie,

Don't worry, they will come - I phoned and asked for mine and then sent the letter (as per the template on here) which I think is what got the statements sent as the date on the accompanying letter was 6th March (closer to the date of the letter I sent).

A friend of mine asked for his off of Barclays at round about the same time and he has just got his too so they will come. I imagine they have had a lot of interest since the programme last Wednesday - in fact, I know that they have as they told me so - so bear with it.

Barclays got my claim at 13pm today so I guess there is nothing I can do but sit and wait now. I'll update as and when.

Cheers,

KA

Cheers dickeggsy, I hope you're right!

My trouble is, I start to read all of the other threads on here and then start to worry about it - everyone seems to be close to going to court now (Barclays are obviously making it as hard as possible, which I guess makes sense when you look at it from their point of view), and most people are claiming a lot less than me!

My main issue is that LOADS of people would have seen the programme and loads of people will be starting to claim. I guess I have an advantage as I started mine before the programme was shown, but I still think I'm going to get caught up in it all. Obvioulsy Barclays aren't stupid so they will be preparing for this and working out the best way to deal with it (I wouldn't be suprised if they had been preparing this for a long time actually as someone must have know it would happen at some point). That said, they must know that they are wrong right? If that is the case, then they must know that no judge in the country would rule in favour of them - hence the payouts out of court right?! In which case I should have faith in my claim right?!!

Sorry, I guess I should just prepare myself for court and then anything less is a bonus. Actually, I guess really I should prepare myself to get nothing back and then anything else is a massive bonus.

Cheers,

KA

Hey KA!!

Try not to worry so much about it (easier said than done -I know!). You're right, get ready for court and read as much as you can about it, the more you know and see that these charges are unlawful, the better you will feel about the whole process! When you are doing that, have in the back of your mind, that the banks DO NOT want to go to court to explain their charges, they know, as well as we do, that they are not lawful!

We are all of us on this website, in the same boat as you, if you get stuck or need a push to do this, then get back on here and there's loads of people here to support and encourage you.:) You are gonna get your money, but the banks like to play a waiting game, in the hope that you will give-up, don't give them the satisfaction and carry on.

Don't think I answered any question here, just really more of an encouraging hug, via email!!!!:)

Good luck

Tori

Weird!

Did you say anything too committal? I know it sounds weird but it wouldn't supirse me if they paddled this out as evidence should it go to court. I imagine if someone is asked "Have you ever considered claiming your charges back?" and they replied "Well yes, but I guess I went over my limit so I suppose they're fair enough" or something along those lines, then they would see that as you admitting that you were wrong and accept them and then use this against you.

Does anyone think this might happen too or am I being far to cautious? Are there any people out there with enough knowledge of the law to say whether this would stand up or not in court?

I know I'm sceptical but I can't get over how strange it is that they are advising people to claim! Do you think they know something we don't?!

Cheers!

Cheers torigirl, much appreciated! I know you're right, and I know I am right but sometimes it's best to consider every eventuality right?!

All the drive I need comes from two places - the first is the smug git on the TV the other day that laughed at the fact it cost the bank £1.50 and yet they still charge between £20 and £30. The second is the bloke at Barclays who shouted at me and told me that I would struggle to find a bank that would be as patient with me as Barclays had when I called and complained that I had been charged £30 for being £3 overdrawn. He was the most charm less, smug and w@nkerish sounding person I have spoken to in a long time.

Oh, and there is one more stimulus - the beautiful Gordon Smith guitar I'm going to buy myself if I win!

Cheers!

They have started saying about claiming back charges, since Whisleblower, they now are on a mission to show that Barclay's are the people's bank and are extremely helpful. It really is just damage limitation. Don't read too much into it, take it for what it is - the banks are trying to cover their arses!!!!:D

Yep, and given the size of their profit's last year I would imagine those arses are pretty sizable!

To be honest, that's the part of it that makes me think I may have accidentally timed this about as perfectly as I could have. It's weird, I don't normally worry about anything to be honest, my normal attitude is "it'll be alright" but the words 'court', 'law' and 'defence' seem to bring out the pessimist in me!

Why do you have anything to feel guilty about!!!!:D

The timing is prefect, for both of us, coz I'm waiting for them to acknowledge my claim, so hopfully with whisleblower still fresh they may want to just settle - not holding my breathe - I want my 15 minutes!!!!!:D