orang contract phone

tam9933
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

last year I agreed to a phone contract 4 x phones on one account , 500 min ,72 squid a month , I did this with a company caled talknet in motherwell , whom I had delt with for a number of years , all was well until the first bill , it was 92.00 paid by dd , so I thought must be bill for month and a part month , next month 212.00 , made contact with orange and explained my contract price 72.00 , they said not so and not our problem speak to talknet , I stoped dd and made cred card payment of 72.00 , they call barred my phones , I contacted talknet and orange several times trying to get things sorted out , talknet said orange did not know what they were doing , and said they could not help me until I paid the bill (no chance) , in fact one time when I called talknet the girl was (pissed as a fart) and told me to **** off , after writing letters to all and geting nowhare I aggreed to buy out of the contract and pay 560.00 I only paid a small ammount of this and stoped paying , I now have debt colectors after me for ballance of 360.00 , and have been reported to credit ref , never signed any contract , I would like revenge , any ideas? icon8.gif

Orange is a nasty company any day. Had a similar experience with them I had to pay close to 400 quid to get out of the contract and i used the phone for only 2 and a half month. Their business plan is simple=run you into debts and unleash the debt collector after you and wait for you to pay up.

The govt needs to do something serious about operators like Orange. Apart from my sympathies, i dunt know what else to do because in my case I complained to dti, to ofcom, the industry regulator, they couldn't do anything, you know.:mad:

Orange are no better or worse than any other. You will have agreed a tariff and minimum contract term which you have not kept, so the action is justified. The dealer may have misled you, but you've blown any chance of getting the matter resolved easilty by agreeing to pay a revised amount then defaulting on that arrangement too.

I would love to get 4 mobiles for £72 per month - is the 500m across all four or on each? Either way, this is an unrealistic amount unless if formed part of some cashback deal your dealer arranged. AS for Orange not knowing what they were doing - well - there's 2 sides to every story, and having heard the response of your dealer's drunken staff member, I don;t think you need to look far to where the problem lies.

thank you busby , my contract being verbal was 5oo min shared , when I asked talknet for my contract showing my monthley charges they faxed me a black sheet of paper , my thoughts were that of pursue talknet for the contract value to pay orange , orange dont seem to care what their dealers do to people

I stand to be corrected, but I don;t know of any tariff like that, unless you you went on Talkshare, but it still would be more than £72 for 4 phones. Your contract wasn't really verbal, it was provided in the box with each phone - only the tariff you were on would not be mentioned. Dealers often do mis-sel, sometimes on purpose, other times because they don;t understand the tariff themselves....