Citicard v Andyace

andyace
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive sent off my DPA request today and im looking forward to what comes next.

Just a couple of questions though if you can help. The card is well over due and in arrears etc. Now i have been paying £20 sporadically on this account.The credit limit is £200 and there is £600 owing i have had it for 4 years. I actually think i paid the original debt a long time ago, the balance is made up or charges.Do i include all the charges from day one? Also i have the money to clear this account anyway should i clear this amount and claim or wait untill my claim is successfull?

If they default the account before i send my preliminary letter can i tell them that i dispute the amount cos basically it consists entirely of charges.

Any answers would clear up the same situation up on other claims that i will be submitting.

Cheers

andyace

(I have multiple claims 5% of each to this site)

cheers

andyace

citicards= £650/settled £650

Alliance and Leicester= £1534/request for payment sent/LBA sent/standard refusal/moneyclaimsent/settled £2003.36

Do i include all the charges from day one?

That depends if the charges are all penalty (over limit, late payments) ones AND the interest is purely accrued from those penalty charges.

Also i have the money to clear this account anyway should i clear this amount and claim or wait untill my claim is successfull?

If you pay it off now, you then have one set amount to reclaim, not having to tweak further charges and interest as the claim progresses further, so for simplicity, you could, yes. Besides, they can't then default you, which answers your next question too.

If they default the account before i send my preliminary letter can i tell them that i dispute the amount cos basically it consists entirely of charges.

Yes.

(I have multiple claims 5% of each to this site)

Excellent. Looking forward to this, then! :D

x

Thanks for that I could relly use the £600 elsewhere so i will make a token payment for now. I will let you know how it progresses.

Cheers

andyace

(i have multiple claims 5% of each to this site)

cheers

andyace

Alliance and Leicester= £1534/request for payment sent/LBA sent/standard refusal/moneyclaimsent/settled £2003.36

Well Citicard got my DPA request today according to track and trace.

40 days and counting.

Cheers

andyace

cheers

andyace

well ive had a reply by recorded letter today.

"Thank you for your letter blah blah we have recieved your £10 fee, and we will provide statements for this period"

But the next paragraph seems a little odd.

"In addition to providing statements,if you wish us to provide you with any instances of manual intervention, please can you complete the enclosed form and provide us with the two forms of identification requested"

Signed personally by the esteemed Richard Cooke no less.

So they can send statements just like that on the strength of the details i have given them but for any thing else i have to provide more ID. Just a stalling tactic methinks, but i will send the form anyway and remind them that the clock is ticking under the provision of the DPA.

cheers

andyace

cheers

andyace

Here is my reply,

18 May 2006

Data Protection Act 1998

subject access request

Dear Mr Cooke

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Thank you for your letter dated 17/05/2006 and I have noted its content.

However I am some what surprised that you require further identification to provide me with any instances of manual intervention.

As I stated in my previous letter to you the contact details you hold on me have always been sufficient for identification purposes in the past. This has included contact by telephone and letter, but I am quite happy to provide you with the information you require to complete this request.

I would like to add that the time limit for this request is 40 days under the DPA rules and this would have started from the day you received my initial request which would be 16/05/2006.

Finally I would not expect any unnecessary delay in dealing with this request from an organization as large as yours with the resources that you have at your disposal.

Yours Sincerely

any good?

cheers

andyace

( i multiple claims 5% of each to this site)

cheers

andyace

Thats ok by me, from what ive read on here a lot of letters are a shared resource. If helps you get your cash then go for it.

cheers

andyace

cheers

andyace

Hi Andyace, I have been where you are going now and have issued the initial letter detailing the charges I would like refunded. You need to search out all other threads with Citi Cards in the title. There are quite a few, including mine.

We have had some success with Citi cards where they have refunded the charges in full.

My initial claim went in after I received the statements. I have now received the standard sod off letter. Now I am waiting for the expiry of the first 14 day period, after which I will send the letter before action giving them a further 14 days. After this one I will issue my Moneyclaim which effectively forces them either to pay up or defend themselves in court.

I wish you the very best and don't accept anything less than the full amount.;)

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya!

Don't let the fatherless chillen get ya! :grin:

Barclays - settled in full £4799.38 ;)

I sent this today what do you think,

Dear Sirs,

I write to you regarding my account with you and specifically your demand for a payment to clear the excess over my credit limit, as I understand the current balance on this account stands at £xxx

I would like to state now that I dispute the amount that is outstanding on this account my reasons being set out below.

Under the Office of Fair Trading report into bank charges the fees that you have applied to this account in respect of late payment and over limit are unfair and punitive charges. I also believe that they are not a fair reflection of the losses or costs to you in respect of this account.

I may add that I have applied for the relevant information regarding these charges under the Data Protection Act and am awaiting the information. When I have this information I will correspond to you regarding settlement of this account.

As you are aware the courts and the law are looking favorably towards refunding these charges.

Yours faithfully

I love writting letters:mad: :mad:

cheers

andyace

Looks good. It seems that Citi Cards are paying up once they get the Moneyclaim in. Just go through the process and you will be the next winner, if I don't get there first.

Citicard have recieved my letter today disputing the amount I owe them. I will wait and see how they reply.

If they refund the charges then I can get rid of these loan sharks cos almost all of the balance is made up of these, they were racked up when I fell on hard times for a while. But what do they care about that.

cheers

andyace

(still on for 5%)

cheers

andyace

Have you received the back statements and have you sent them the initial claim for the amount?

No i hevent recieved the statements yet, i will be claiming the charges back when i recieve them. In the mean time i owe £600 on a £200 limit and they want a payment of over £300 to bring it up todate.

So i am disputing the amount and i recon i have paid back the original debt with interest and this balance is just made up of charges and interest on them.

I had a phone call from them yesterday demanding a payment and i told them i am in dispute over charges and when i have the info i will be in touch. I then added that if they were to refund the charges right now i would be in a position to settle the acount.

Alas no joy there then so i will wait and see what happens.

cheers

andyace

(dont forget the 5%)

cheers

andyace

I forgot to add i have asked Citi card to close this account a couple of times to stop the charges racking up and let me pay it up and they have just given me a long speech about bringing it into order. Then the suspension would be lifted and i could use it the card again.

While i am struggling to reduce the balance every month to get rid of this debt they are still adding charges. I am not sure how large the balance has to be before they say enough is enough and default,but it looks like they try to screw every penny for little or no effort berfore it stops.

This is the only debt i have that has not yet gone to collections for an arrangement to pay it off. I wonder why?

I am sure they are the Provident of the credit card world.

Cheers

Andyace

(still 5% I hope)

cheers

andyace

I've been following that thread with interest but i have a problem at he moment. I sent off the form they required on Monday recorded, but track and trace show no signs of delivery. Has anyone got an idea on how to find out if they got this or not?

The letter of dispute i sent to Citi and Capital one show as having been delivered though.

Cheers

Andyace

(5% here we come)

cheers

andyace

Recieved a repy to my dispute over charges today. From reading it I can see that it looks very similar to the response to the preliminary letter others have recieved.

The only difference is that it does not say that we will not refund because i didn't ask for it.Only that our charges are fair etc etc and we will review our position when the OFT report is published.

The only thing that does surprise me is that they make no mention of the dispute over the amount I owe them.

As haven't got the DPA information yet should I write back now and just ask for a refund of all the charges levied on this account with a mention of court action.

I really do believe that the whole balance is made up of charges, would you recommend using this as a starting point and see what sort of reply I get.

Thanks for any advice.

cheers

andyace

(5% of this looks good)

cheers

andyace

• 2 weeks later...

I've got my statements today and it's shocking, I have been charged £625 since this was opened. I have paid what I owe them as regards to spending twice over so I am a bit P****d of.

So an approach for repayment will be sent tommorrow, I don't want the money they can just close this account at put their card where the sun doesn't shine, because what I owe them is the same as what they have charged me.

Watch this space!!!

cheers

andyace

( 5% of £625= )

cheers

andyace

I've sent off my initial request for repayment yesterday £625 back please.The balance on the account stands at £607,so i have suggested as an alternative that they can close the account and my liabilities to them would end there. This should be a good deal to them as it would not actually cost them any money.

So lets wait and see what happens!!!!

cheers

andyace

( 5% of £625= )

cheers

andyace

Just had Citi on the phone asking for a payment and I explained that I have written asking for the return of the charges or closure of the account.Or I will pursue the matter through the courts if need be.

He then suggested that I seek the help of a solicitor because they flatly refuse to refund and the charges are fair and set out in their terms and conditions (yea right).

Do I need a lawyer? LOL

cheers

andyace

( 5% of £625= )

cheers

andyace

Just had Citi on the phone asking for a payment and I explained that I have written asking for the return of the charges or closure of the account.Or I will pursue the matter through the courts if need be.

He then suggested that I seek the help of a solicitor because they flatly refuse to refund and the charges are fair and set out in their terms and conditions (yea right).

Do I need a lawyer? LOL

cheers

andyace

( 5% of £625= )

Hi Andyace,

I would pursue them to the end. Set your timetable and stick to it. I dealt with them and they paid up within days of receiving court papers.

See my thread here.

Well Citi got my letter today according to track and trace, but surprise surprise another statement from them on the door mat as well. This one comes complete with another £25 charge.

I wonder at what point they are going to default this and stop the charges and interest and let me pay it off. It just seems that they are trying to screw as much out of me in charges before they decide enough is enough.Even if they sell this on for half the amount i owe them they will still make a nice profit,cos they are still adding interest on their charges.

Nice work if you can get it, the (edit) B@%&*$S.

Anyway rant over just going to pop another tin and watch the footy highlights i will let you know when i get my offer of refund letter tomorrow or Wednesday.

cheers

andyace

( 5% of £625= )

cheers

andyace

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks