Clydesadale Bank (parachute account)

zico
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this the correct section

but hopefully helps someone,

I am starting a dispute with both RBOS and Halifax for charges,

I went to my local clydesdale bank and explained to them

I needed a bank account, I know the staff in there and told them the

truth why I needed a new bank account, and told them I also had adverse credit.

The bank manager told me to apply with clydesdale bank for a basic account, the result would be that I would have a switch card and NO credit check would be done. although there would be no overdraft on the account.

hopefully this information is true, and can help others whom feel they cant open a new account.

z

• 2 weeks later...

Before I started to reclaim my fees, I went to the Yorkshire bank to open a basic account. This is a sister company of Clydesdale. While opening it, the guy told me he would be doing a credit check. He did it and said that the message on screen said refer to office, which meant sending my application off to their head office and it would take a few days before I got an answer.

I left thinking I would not get an account open. Just over a week passed, then I received a maestro card through the post, followed a short time later by a cheque book then paying in book. Yippee. :D

I never asked for a cheque book and turned the offer down when asked, as recommended on another site. I received my credit file from Experian today and it shows the search done by the yorkshire bank. So, all is not lost. Another bank which seems to let you open a basic account even with adverse credit is hxxp://xxx.citibank.co.uk

They even give an overdraft in some cases.

Good Luck

Steven

Heres a link to some info re: basic accounts

Basic Bank Account Thread - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Some good recommendations.

cheers

Steven

p.s. Incase you didn't know, the guy who runs the above site, Martin Lewis, is the same guy who was on ITV's Tonight program the other week talking about reclaiming bank charges.