'commision'

Geordie_Aaron
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all./

Last month i noticed £5 had been paid out with 'COMMISION' as the Reference.... thought it was fishy but i forgot all about it.... today i find it again but for £30.... ring barclays and the snotty 'lady' said, £5 is your account fee (we have additions for cheaper % on overdraft) and £30 is for going over your overdraft by £5.03p!!!!

Here we go again... i asked why has this suddenly changed from 'Account Fee' to 'commision' and the same with the 'paid refferal' lark.

She replied with 'because' and hung up on me.....

Just thinking..... can they ACTUALLY take money from the account without detailing what it is???

ALSO....she was going on about 'we are working with all the watchdogs about the fee's and can't return anym i can only hand you over tothe complaints dept'

just told her i'd start the letters again...

She was talking rubbish. Start the timetable, don't waver, and prove her '...can't return anym...' wrong. :)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I noticed that Barclays were debiting an account fee from me when i went over everthing looking for charges. This and the advice of another forumista led me to look at the additions package in greater detail and i realised that a) i didnt actually need any of the ' benefits ' such as travel insurance, will writing service, breakdown cover etc because i already had them through one thing or another - therefore i was actually paying 120 per year for a 260 overdraft! b) they never actually asked me if i would like it upgraded. they just did.

So, i sent them a letter before action - a sort of bastardised version of the one on here - saying they have to disclose the reasons why they upgraded my account without my knowledge, whether they conducted a fact find - which would have revealed i didnt need the account - and if the person who actioned it was on commision. Following this they have 14 days to refund all of my additions fees.

Anyway, i got the normal we will deal with your complaint by the 32nd of never letter, then on the 12th day i got a phone call from the customer service team. Offering half of my charges back! I said not a chance, ive already got two cases lodged against barclays and if you want to make it three thats fine. Called back an hour later to say 515 had gone back into my account!

Cheers, that should cover the court fee for my 2nd case and a nice break!

I though Spiceskull already had....?

She was talking rubbish - start your claim.....

Was there something he missed?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks