Powergen, Don't you love 'em

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Powergen have been taking £50 pcm every month. Last August we got a bill which said we owed them £400. I asked how this happens and they said I should of increased my payments. But I was paying what I was advised to pay.

Then they said I would have to pay £169 pcm to make up the £400 pus pay for the coming period. This was just not afforable. In November 2006 I moved bank accounts and phoned to set up new DDM and was told they would not accept £86 and I had to pay more eg £169 but now the bill has risen to 700 because they refused my DDM at £86. I have made a complaint and I have makred the account as dispouted.

I have tried to to have look though the threads and would like to some advice or pointing in the right direction or even some reccomended reading.

Any help is much appreciated

Cheers

Flunky

4th January 2008 - Prelim sent

16th January 2008 - Standard reply - NO!

Gawd that is bad, they should of accepted your proposal of 86, before that they should of informed you that your FDD was not covering your useage long before it created a 400 debt. How much is affordable now to pay a month? . ask them for a 10 per cent discount which leaves 630 outstanding split between 12 months is 52 a month + your useage. Is this affordable as it should be acceptable to them. How long did it take for the 400 to accrue ? If it was example 2 years they have to allow 2 years to pay back outstanding debt which is 26 per month plue useage.

Other option is to have prepay meter fitted to pay the debt at a collection rate of 5 pound a week + useage or 3 a week if on benefits, this is not the preferred option but depends on your circumstances.

I ran up a debit of over £500 with Powergen. I rang them up and they wanted to up my payments to £169, I said no that I cant afford it so they put it up at £114 which I have been paying ever since.

Have you checked your bill. Earlier this month I still had a £360 debt with them and they wanted to up my payments to £160. I did a meter reading and with the adjusted bill they owed me £156 but still wanted me to pay £160 a month. I have cancelled my DD (saving myself £114 this month) and I am going to set up a standing order next month for £90 which should cover all of it.