chelseaharvey v Nationwide

chelseaharvey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have decided that i am going to try and get my bank charges back as i was always been charged 6 years ago when i was 18 as i was always on my overdraft etc

I have the letter

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

done, but nowhere on there does it say that i want the last 6 years, as this is what i want as i dont keep my statements. Do they just know that with recieving this type of letter that it is the last 6 years i need to be sent?

I know i need to enclose a £10 cheque, but do i also say they have x amount of days to send these statements to me, or is that after once i have totaled up the amount i am owed??

Thanks.

hi chelseaharvey,

try this link to a sar template letter it states that u would like statements for your banking history, this should be fine it also states that they have 40 days to comply with your request, hope this helps and best of luck with your claim x

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

hi chelseaharvey,

try this link to a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) template letter it states that u would like statements for your banking history, this should be fine it also states that they have 40 days to comply with your request, hope this helps and best of luck with your claim x

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

Thankyou i shall try that

Hi chelseaharvey!

I sent my S.A.R. off to The Data Protection Team @ Northampton.

Data Protection Team

Nationwide Building Society

Kings Park Road

Moulton Park

Northampton

NN3 6NW

Don't forget to send it Recorded Delivery.

...and include a £10 cheque or P.O. made payable to Nationwide Building Society.

Hope the above helps?!

• 1 month later...

I sent a letter off asking for my last 6 years worth of stataments & 3 weeks later i got a reply to say that they would send them..

That was now 13 days ago and still nothing

I take it that as they responded within 40 days i just have to sit & wait, as its not 40 days in total is it to get the statements as well.

No they have 40 days to comply with your S.a.r. and send you your statements etc, Nationwide are aware of this and with me they sent them on something like the 38th day. Patience is a virtue!

good luck

Halifax settled

Halifax (again) settled

Nationwide settled

Natwest settled

Don't forget to donate to this site, they gave us the backbone to put up a fight, we've learnt how to reclaim our rights and proved banks are all nothing but........ rubbish <wink>

hi chelseaharvey

i personally would leave it as they know their time scales and they will know that you can take the matter further if they dont comply..

did you sent SAR by recorded delivery? did you check on what day and who signed for the delivery of your leter by going onto royal mail web website?

i recieved my statements 3 weeks later. i think they have more sence than to overstep the mark!

i have read somewhere on this site someone did give a curtesy call..

its up to you..

good luck in getting back wots rightfully yours

keep us posted :)

40 days was yesterday and no statements have come through the post so now what

Today is day 41 & the letter i had from them a few weeks back in feb said that my statements would be sent soon, but nothing since

I knew i wouldnt get them

Did you send them the SAR template from the library and the ten pound cheque?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Yes i did

I sent this on the 16th feb & got a letter back from them on the 2nd Marcb so 14 days later saying that my statements had been requested and would be sent in due course..

Since i sent the letter off the 16th Feb today is now day 42, or does it go from when they sent me the letter saying that my statements had now been requested which would then mean that i would need to hear from them 11th April which would then have been 82 days in total???

Or is it 40 days in total they have from the time i send my 1st SAR letter to then getting the statements...

its 40 days from when they receive the SAR and fee, plus any reasonable time they need to ascertain your ID if required.

So its generally 40 days from when they receive the SAR/fee, did you send it recorded?

If not 2 days from when you sent it since they have obviously received it.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I'd give them another couple of days, I know its not your concern but I would venture to say they're probably snowed under with requests. Hell I know they are, I'm sure I say a message from someone in the relevant department saying they had (this year GONE!) took more SAR's than they normally would in a year and its very likely they are getting more now.

Beyond that I can't help, I know some people have used the telephone but I'm hesitant to suggest this since there is not record of it like there is with letters.

I'm sure someone will be along soon who can help, I believe there is another part of the site which deals with data protetion and the like?

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

Indebtstudent, pray tell whats wrong with the advice in post 4?

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

hi chelseaharvey

if havnt recieved your statements by day 40 (thats 40 straight days after they have recieved your SAR (you can check recorded number by checkin on royal mail web to see when it was delivered) that includes weekends and bank holidays). after the time has lapsed then go to templates and send your letter of non compliance...remember you are in control and you set the timescale!!! ;)

if i have been of any help please add to my reputation points by clicking middle icon bottom left thank you

Today is 46 days and still no statements or nothing

Sent my letter off with £10 enclosed on the 16th Feb

Got a response back on the 2nd march saying they had requested my statements & they would be sent to me in due course although they acknowedge that they have 40 days for the SAR request to be completed.

Tues 27th March i phone on the number given at the top of my letter 01604 8556060 but they cant take my call and i have to leave a message, i say they have 7 days to send them to me or im taking the next step that was then day 42

Today is day 46 & still nothing, on fri (lastweek) i was going to to fax a letter to them, but i ended up in hospital all day with my son so it didnt happen..

What should i do now???????????

Fax them saying they have 7 days that then has given them 54 days or go onto the next step???

Yep, fax them a warning saying you will issue action against them in the County Court for non compliance and you are escalating a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Make sure you send a complaint to ICO. You can download the complaint form on their website. The more complaints they get the more ICO will act on this.

Today is 46 days and still no statements or nothing

Sent my letter off with £10 enclosed on the 16th Feb

Got a response back on the 2nd march saying they had requested my statements & they would be sent to me in due course although they acknowedge that they have 40 days for the SAR request to be completed.

Tues 27th March i phone on the number given at the top of my letter 01604 8556060 but they cant take my call and i have to leave a message, i say they have 7 days to send them to me or im taking the next step that was then day 42

Today is day 46 & still nothing, on fri (lastweek) i was going to to fax a letter to them, but i ended up in hospital all day with my son so it didnt happen..

What should i do now???????????

Fax them saying they have 7 days that then has given them 54 days or go onto the next step???

Hi take a look at this link re sending a reminder to them. I had a similar issue with halifax and ended up taking out a court action against them for non compliance...hopefully you wont have to go that far.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

also re the ICO, report the bank by all means, at least the bank will have to waste their own time responding to the ICO. Be aware though that the ICO are relatively powerless, in my case even though they found halifax in breach of principle 6 of the date protection act, they could take no action other than to tell they had been naughty and hurry up and comply!!!

hi chelsea, i also waited for my statements and i wrote to them telling i would be filing at court for non-compliance of dpa, i heard nothing from them and called member services and told them i would be filing at court today, i got statements next day...............give them a call it worked for me best of luck x

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07

• 1 month later...

I am about to send my letter off asking for x amount back

They sent me what i had been charged the past 6 years.

Does it go back to the data protection team or does it go to someone else now????

Is it still woth doing as someone lost in court didnt they?