chelseaharvey v Nationwide

chelseaharvey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

With all the charges it came to just over 1k.... Got a letter back to say they wont be giving me my money back they only do it in exceptional cases puzzled.gif

I dont get it so many people have had there money back why cant i??????

Is there a next step or is that it??? I thought i may have got a letter back offering me X amount to start with

chelsea - stay firm - this is quite a standard response, and they hope that you will back off straight away. On my first claim i got this letter AFTER they had paid up for some reason.

If you saty focused and follow the step-bystep guide to the letter you will get your money off them.

i have just won my second claim off the NW so it just goes to show that they dont have a leg to stand on.

I reccommend that you use MCOL as this seems to be the esaiest route to take.

But you MUST follow all the step, find the FAQ section on this site and find the guide - its fool proof - if a little scary taking the bank to court.

good luck, but you wont need it!

:| worried and stressed:|

Nationwide! Here i come, could be alot of money they might have to pay me back:eek:

Data request letter sent 04/06/06 via Hull Branch Nationwide.

Hull financial consultant called ME to help 04/06/06

:smile:Refunded £1200, 19/07/06, still going for the rest of it though!

LBA posted 22/09/06 claiming £2720!

D`oh! - put wrong amount in LBA - short by £1000!

Finally got the money to go to court 09/03/07

Acknowledged 13/03/07

No reply, so judgement issued 29 days after acknowledgment 14/04/07

DEFENCE FILED ??!! 09/03/07

FULLY PAID UP 17/04/07

Second Prelim sent 20/04/07

Second LBA sent 01/05/07

MCOL acknowledged

County court letter saying PAID UP 20/06/07 - although this wasnt the claimed amount, so i disputed it.

Still awaiting court date/decision due to OFT case.

i have just won my second claim off the NW so it just goes to show that they dont have a leg to stand on.
NOT quite Won methinks!

#52 of the following Thread...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/55659-chunky1977-nationwide-3.html

I reccommend that you use MCOL as this seems to be the esaiest route to take.
Depends on the Claimants individual circumstances.

It's just as easy posting or handing in a N1 Form to your local County Court.

MCOL is ok IF your Claim isn't Defended, but it ALWAYS is in Nationwide's case.

Has their rejection benn sent on the back of your preliminary request for refund or the LBA?

The request for my money

Just looked at the next step which is the LBA but they did respond to my letter saying they werent giving me my money so do i use this one or another letter????

Banks will almost always respond to the prelim letter to say that they will not repay the charges and such you should now send them the LBA, give them 14 days and then proceed to the court stage.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sent my LBA letter off, on the 9th July & get a letter back on the 12th still saying "No"

This letter though was the same one as when they sent me a response back to the Preliminary one??

Is that right. Its the same wording and at the end says i have 56 days to come back to them or there closing the case....

Whats the best thing to do now?

Did you really think they'd settle on that!!

Wait until the 14 days are up, then hit them with court.

Be prepared, read through some success stories & if you've done it correctly you will get the cash back.

Good Luck

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

Well its past the 14 days now since the LBA letter was sent which they said no to so now its going down the court route

Im abit scared :lol: as im not sure what to expect and how far this will actually go

I have just printed off the N1 thing from section 4 of the templates post above.. Is this the right thing to do????

It also says from what i can gather that i need to pay £120 to get the ball rolling is that right???

How long does it take to genrally hear back & whats the next step.. Whats the chances of it going right to court??? Id hate to be left to pick up all the costs if i dont get my money back..

Its so daunting i wish i had done this when it 1st all started as not many people then had to get this far

Im at the court stage now after i was told No to getting my money back after the LBA letter was sent

Whats the easiest way to go now with this & the best way. Im not 100% what im doing & can see people are doing different things..

11 threads merged and thread title changed

please keep to the one thread when asking questions or updating .This is in your own interest as you will get much more informed advice when people can see at a glance what you have done so far :-)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.