Mis-sold endownment - anyone any experience of a claim?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this is a big issue, and I don't really want to open up a huge can of worms here (i'm sure there are dedicated sites somewhere on the net for this topic) but I was wondering if anyone had any experience of having been mis-sold an endownment and have successfully (or not!) sued/reclaimed etc.

Its a line I'm thinking of going down, but don't have any experience/understanding of at the moment.

I certainly believe we were railroaded into an endownment mortgage - you could almost see the woman counting the commission in her head as we signed, but I've done nothing about it so far - anyone any thoughts on the whole topic?

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

We were miss-selled our endowment for our mortgage, we wanted a straight forward repayment, but was told that "If you remortgage then you would have to start again, an endowment was the way to go, and we would have a nice lump sum when the endowment matures, being able to pay off our mortgage with money to spare" being first time buyers we went with what the Independent Financial Adviser advised us to do. We are now in the process of legal action, but it does take time.

The company who this adviser works/ed for is of course denying the quote, but my Father-in-Law was there, so he witnessed what was said.

I will let you know what the outcome is. If you think you were miss-sold an endowment then seek legal advice, there are many people like us who have been stuffed up by greedy b****s

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Barclays - £268 - Moneyclaim

Capital One - £172 - Moneyclaim

Abbey (2nd claim) - Moneyclaim

---------------------------------------------------

HSBC - £2164.46- PAID IN FULL

MBNA - £471 - PAID IN FULL

NatWest - £307 - PAID IN FULL

Abbey Business - £314.15 - PAID IN FULL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks