"Cash Interest" bill

BottleNeck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6316 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I paid off a large bill with C1 around 12 months ago and paid a bit extra on top as to leave them sending me a statement proclaiming I'm in credit every month. "Safe" in the knowledge I had no bill to pay I filed all later bill statements away, I kept them but never worried about them, afterwards recieving a snotty letter saying I owed them arrears for non payment of a bill. I went back thro' my old statements to find a bill titled "Cash Interest", unsuprisingly three weeks after I paid in full. I went back about 18 months checking all the old bills I had kept and not once found a "Cash Interest" bill, even after using the card for a cash A.M.T. withdraw purchases and scraping the windscreen free of frost. Has anyone had this before? I'm flomouxed and too annoyed to phone them anymore 'ere I'll abuse them verbally again which won't help my health or their ears.

Really I should have opened my C1 statements as I got them so only have myself to blame for getting arrears but this "bill"? Is it a bill or just a greedy company cheesed off with me for paying a large bill and cutting off a few quid interest every month and making up something I wouldn't normally investigate so have to pay?

"Cash Interest" on what? I hadn't used the card, thinking back, for over 6 months anyway, all other interest add ons' were clearly marked, purchase or cash advance, if it were the card charges then again it would have been marked as such. A bit of a suspicious coincidence it appeared after paying a large bill in total too as it has never shown after paying the minimum.

Annoyed with them. Any pointers would be great as I'm new to all this and slightly out of my depth.

:)

Bottleneck,

Not quite sure what your are asking. "cash Interest" normally refers to Interest charged on cash withdrawals.

If you have a Cap1 card it is not a good idea just to keep it open so they send you bills as some of the card accounts have a yearly fee.

I would close the account ...............

Not sure if you ave pursued them for repayment of any charges you have incurred, late payment over limit etc. If not read up on the FAQs and guides to see if this is a course of action you want to take ............

Good luck ....... :D:D

There is no such thing as impossible; only the degree of difficulty required to achieve the desired outcome.

Read through the

FAQ Section.... Use these links :grin:

Like what I say show - add to my reputation (click the scales!)

My advice & opinions are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

Halicrap - Full settlement 12/06 £408.34

Crapitol 1 - Settled in Full 27/04/07 £15808-)

All & Pester - Claim served £5695 4/09, Stayed

Woolsnitch mortgage accounts - Claim served £2995 4/09, application to strike out 06/09

Lloybles - No CCA, CPR disclosure notices served.