HSBC

craigten
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good advice, Thankyou!!

Im going through his statements now, just a querey: On one statement it says: CR REVERSAL OF 15-06 and a credit of £152.28 appears, anyone any idea what that could mean?

Good advice, Thankyou!!

Im going through his statements now, just a querey: On one statement it says: CR REVERSAL OF 15-06 and a credit of £152.28 appears, anyone any idea what that could mean?

Are there any charges before that that could add up to same amount, its obviously credit for something taken out, maybe a paid in credit wrongly added up in a pay in book could be that they adjusted by paying in credit like that ?

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Ok, bearing in mind that my friend's claim is for £1848, Hsbc wrote to say that his schedule of charges was incorrect because he didn't include the refunds that they have given him in the past and offered him £852!

Now, you would assume from that, that the refunds amount to £996 wouldn't you??

Well iv just gone through all his statements and here is what i found:

Page 35: 27July'04: CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £7.40

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £6.25

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £8.50

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £6.20

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £6.75

" CR REFUND OF CHARGED: £2.50

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £2.50

" DR CHARGE:

CHARGES CORRECTION £2.50

28July'04: DR CHARGE:

" ARRANGEMENT FEE: £75.00

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £9.40

Page 80: 02Feb'07: CR REFUND OF DEBIT INTEREST: £67.69

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £107.00

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £81.74

And they are the only charges on his statements, so in total they refunded my friend £393.43 so the 'real' amount he should be charging is £1454.57!!!!!!

I was under the impression that Hsbc usually offered around 80% of what they owed, so in this case the £852 they offered is nowhere near 80% is it?

Any ideas why?

Ps- i put the 'CHARGED CORRECTION' of £2.50 on here just to show how tight the sods really can be eh? Ha Ha Ha!!

Let me know you're thoughts.........

Pps- the post in my earlier thread that confused me was this:

Paid out Paid in

06June'07 SO JONES *ZLB

916***** £198.46

CR REVERSAL OF 06-06

JONES *ZLB

916***** £198.46

Has anyone any idea what this is and why it was refunded?

Craigten as long as you are sure what you are claiming is correct and all previous credits have been incorporated into the figures you should now be on solid ground.

The shedule of charges is the heart of anyones claim it has to be correct and reflect factual information.

pete

its very tricky not actually looking at the statements.

firstly i make it that they only refunded £313.43 because youve added in the £75 arrangement fee which was a debit not a credit and one of the £2.50 refunds would have been cancelled out against the £2.50 correction

so if his charges are £1848 minus the refunds £313.43 his claim should be £1534.57

the offer youve received of £852 still only works out to just over 55% of this. this seems very low.

with this being a business account claim i dont know enough to be able to advise but i would have thought if you are sure on your figures you continue with the claim through the court and go for the full amount.

on your query on the 'reversal' - its showing a credit & a debit. could have been something paid in in error. either way they cancel each other out so you dont need to include it.

hope this helps?? maybe not :?::rolleyes::confused:

do you need to show these on the spreadsheet?

i used the vampiress spreadsheet but dont know if it allows this

cant you just leave off any charges that they go against (& maybe put a note at the bottom detailing the refunds & the charges they cancel out? So they dont actually form any part of the SOC figure)

Thankyou for both answers!

My problem is this:

These refunds do not match up with any charges on the account(i have the statements in front of me, both the monthly statements and the 'breakdown of Total Charges' monthly statements):

Page 35: 27July'04: CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £7.40

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £6.25

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £8.50

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £6.20

" CR REFUND OF CHARGES: £6.75

I cant find any charges on his statements for these amounts, PLEASE help????

I think you need to do an analysis of the charges before you enter them onto the actual schedule of charges spreadsheet,

list all of the charges and the refunds in date order and take the refunds from the previous charges and just claim the difference i.e.

xx/xx/xx charge £30.00

yy/yy/yy refund £ 6.20

charge @ xx/xx/xx £ 23.80 enter this on the schedule of charges.

will mean you have 2 spreadsheets to back up your claim but at least they will be able to see where the figures have come from.

pete

so if his charges are £1848 minus the refunds £313.43 his claim should be £1534.57

the offer youve received of £852 still only works out to just over 55% of this. this seems very low.

:confused::?::rolleyes:

This may help clarify something that PD said above

Started business claim 15th july claiming just over £1k plus interest on the charges, i received yesterday and offer of settlement of under £500, now apart from a couple stopped cheque charges which i put on and need to take off, the offer is only around 50% of claim.

So what craigten is working on seems to be correct, the offers are now much less.

Oh and they also said they dont pay OD interest, well according to the halliday vs hbos judge, they have to.

they also claim that the oft investigations into the level of default charges set out by HSBC and other credit card companies. The oft statement noted represents the View of the OFT and relates solely to credit cards not to business overdrafts ! This again is rubbish as the oft said the charges related to bank accounts in general and made no specific pointer towards personal accounts

So apart from amending my summary, i am preparing my letter of get lost.

Hope that helps craigten as well.

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Thanks, that is very helpful but i use Vampiress' spreadsheets and im not sure i can input refunds on there if you see what i mean?

not used vampress before, but can you not just delete that row, as you dont need to show the credit in your summary of charges, just the ones you are claiming

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

So, are we all agreed that this is probably the best way:

i would just do the SOC showing all the charges

then at the bottom by hand minus off the total refunds (and show a breakdown of exactly what these are)

the balance being your claim figure