HSBC

craigten
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5752 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when you are online and trying to get your statements you are given the most recent months with a button to click below which says prev (meaning prev statements) once you click this it is replaced by next and the prev button moves to the right of the screen (if i remember correctly) so unless you notice that the prev button has changed you click it again and end up where you first started (VERY ANNOYING :mad: ) until you realise what is happening

Hi again, just an update here:

Ok, my friend 'Bonesy' had his statements, iv sent the first letter and the LBA but then found out that i needed the 'brakdown of total charges' before i could properly do an N1 or MCOL, so i sent him in to Hsbc with this letter:

Dear Sir/Madam

This letter is to explain clearly what I would like (and am entitled to) from yourselves:

I would like a summary of charges that have been applied to my account over the last six years.

You recently sent me six years worth of statements which included all charges against me on my account, a lot of the charges are listed as "Total Charges" and I understand that for business accounts this is a combination of non claimable and penalty charges, I want this complete breakdown of the ‘Total Charges’ on my account.

I know it is within your capabilities to print these off here and now in your branch and I hope that you are willing to help me maintain my business account with you by doing so today. Failure to do this will result in me complaining to your superiors, complaining to the financial ombudsman and me issuing you with a Data Protection non-compliance letter which would result in a county court claim against yourselves.

I trust this explains fully what I expect from you today.

Yours sincerely,

Basically, they huffed and puffed and eventually said they have to send it to their superiors and he should get them within a week, However, i do not trust them!!!

What do you think??

Ps- how do i edit this thread to 'Bonesy's business account Vrs Hsbc'??

Hi, just to let you all know- They put the money in my brother's account TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

GET IN THERE!!!

Thankyou all for your help!!!!

Does a mod now want to put this thread where it belongs?

:D;):D :D :D

• 2 weeks later...

yes, put it correctly in the n1 and send halifax a little note saying sorry, i inadvertently put the incorrect account information on my previous correspondence, I am certain you will have my correct information relating to me by name and address but I apologise for the error and so, in the interest of fair play, i will postpone filing my court claim for a further seven days should you wish to contact me.

sounds fair to me.

Hi again, i could really do with some help:

Ok, iv sent Hsbc the pre-lim and lba letters regarding all the charges i found on my friends Hsbc statements for the last 4 years(he's only had his business account for the 4 years!) but shortly after i sent the lba i realised that you have to get the 'breakdown of total charges' on his account to take Hsbc to court properly so after much hassle from Hsbc i now have those breakdowns in front of me and they are rather confusing, can anyone out there who has completed a business account claim already please give me a hand as to how to proceed from here?

Ok, i haven't bothered trying to claim the 2 'Arrangement Fees' so i have been through the breakdown of the statements and re-done my schedule of charges and sent this letter to Hsbc:

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam

You recently wrote to me (letter dated 16th May 2007) explaining that ‘any claim received at this office that includes debit interest will have this struck out and / or the claim rejected as this may not be included at this time’.

You also stated ‘Also the schedule that you supplied us merely states “Total Charges”. This is insufficient, as this does not confirm what these charges were, i.e.; Returned items, Recalls, Overdraft fees etc’.

Further, you stated ‘Whilst I am willing, (without admission), to review your claim for reimbursement of certain overdraft fees incurred where a transaction exceeded a pre-agreed facility, I am not prepared to consider any claims that include any other services you may have previously requested on that were pre-agreed and notified to you. This will commonly include Money Transmission (cheques and credits), facility fees (Arrangement, Renewal and Temporary), Stopped Cheque charges, Acquiring charges and the monthly maintenance charge any of which may have been included within your claim. You will find the detail of these charges on your statements and in the Pre-Notification advices which were sent during the charges period in the claim.’

Well, I have thoroughly searched the Pre-Notification advices that I obtained from my local branch and have enclosed the new edited Schedule of charges which does not include “Total Charges”, “Debit Interest” or any of the charge descriptions you mentioned in your letter that you would not consider.

I am indebted to you for explaining your position to me in rather great detail. Similarly I now return the favour in advising you that this is my letter before action:

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise.

I calculate that you have taken £**** from me.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming.

I require repayment in full of this money and. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

What do you think of that edited LBA?

Is it ok?

-Craigten

• 2 weeks later...

Ok people, 2 weeks ago i sent Hsbc this LBA explaining that i have now come up with a new schedule of charges using the statements i 'Bonesy' got which breakdown 'Total Charges':

Ok, i haven't bothered trying to claim the 2 'Arrangement Fees' so i have been through the breakdown of the statements and re-done my schedule of charges and sent this letter to Hsbc:

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam

You recently wrote to me (letter dated 16th May 2007) explaining that ‘any claim received at this office that includes debit interest will have this struck out and / or the claim rejected as this may not be included at this time’.

You also stated ‘Also the schedule that you supplied us merely states “Total Charges”. This is insufficient, as this does not confirm what these charges were, i.e.; Returned items, Recalls, Overdraft fees etc’.

Further, you stated ‘Whilst I am willing, (without admission), to review your claim for reimbursement of certain overdraft fees incurred where a transaction exceeded a pre-agreed facility, I am not prepared to consider any claims that include any other services you may have previously requested on that were pre-agreed and notified to you. This will commonly include Money Transmission (cheques and credits), facility fees (Arrangement, Renewal and Temporary), Stopped Cheque charges, Acquiring charges and the monthly maintenance charge any of which may have been included within your claim. You will find the detail of these charges on your statements and in the Pre-Notification advices which were sent during the charges period in the claim.’

Well, I have thoroughly searched the Pre-Notification advices that I obtained from my local branch and have enclosed the new edited Schedule of charges which does not include “Total Charges”, “Debit Interest” or any of the charge descriptions you mentioned in your letter that you would not consider.

I am indebted to you for explaining your position to me in rather great detail. Similarly I now return the favour in advising you that this is my letter before action:

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise.

I calculate that you have taken £**** from me.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming.

I require repayment in full of this money and. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

So tonight im doing an N1 to take to court tomorrow,

What i want to know is has ANYONE been successful in winning Business charges back from Hsbc??:???:

Hi, if the 2 charges you mention were for £25 i would include them in your claim as usually if its a proper arrangement fee it would be more than that, £25 is the ' informal arrangement fee' they charge you for allowing you to go over your overdraft limit without bouncing the items.

Its the one you never asked for but they agreed to give you it LOL

I think you can still add them into your N1 claim amount, its the same if they had any further recent charges added to your account that were not on the original pre lim & LBA , you can add them on at N1.

Just make sure they are on the summary sheet.

There are business claims against HSBC, and i'll be one of them, several times when i put the claims in LOL

But just to inspire you try this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/26925-business-account-over-19-a.html?highlight=business+success

Its a very sad tale of somebody who won a lot back but only after the uncaring bank cost them a hell of a lot more than they got back, if that story doent inspire you to go for the jugular, nothing will

Celicaman

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Hi, my friend Mark has had many different accounts with Hsbc, i think it was something to do with having a loan plus a credit card and hsbc wanting to consolidate them all into one account? Anyway, what i want to know is can a send them a s.a.r with a £10 cheque and ask for ALL his accounts infomation? The problem being that he is not sure of the relevant account numbers etc etc!!

Please can anyone help?

Ps- I think he might like to claim his substantial ppi payments too, how do we go about getting that info on his loan/loans too?

Thankyou in advance!!

I think that you can as all the stuff is with one bank. just do the normal SAR and detail all the accounts etc on it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

I would do a SAR detailing your friends name and address etc, If the accounts are within the 6 years they should hold records of him. Just make sure that you put in the SAR that you are requesting all information etc that they hold on him.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

Hi agin and thanks for the support!!

It's possibly a good thing that i didn't file an N1 earlier in the week because my friend recieved a letter from Hsbc this week in responce to the amended LBA i sent them, their letter stated "I regret that i am not able to agree the amount being claimed as according to our records it would appear that refunds already made have not been properly reflected when compiling the schedule" and goes on to say that they offer him £852 when the breakdown of his charges comes to £1848!!

Now, rather annoyingly, my friend did not include the refunds that Hsbc made to his business account when he originally gave me his schedule of charges so ,without scouring through his statements, i am not sure how much they refunded him but he tells me it certainly isn't the £996 difference they have taken off with their offer, he believes it is more like £70!!

So, what i would like to know please is do i have to scroll through his statements again to find the exact amounts of his refunds and send another amended LBA or press ahead with the N1 and leave them to take the refunds off?

All help is greatly appreciated, Thankyou!!! :| :| :|

I would go through the statements for your own piece of mind so you know exactly how much is due. Then do a letter refering to the letter that he has received and include an amended schedule. Advise them that you will be filing N1 on xx.xx.xx unless they refund the charges.

I agree with JW, you need to go through the statements fully & re list the charges and find the credited amounts (cancel off your summary sheet, the ones you find) so you know exactly how much your friend is claiming.

The banks offer is always below claimed but usually about 80% of charges, but this does not seem to pan out if your figures are correct.

Are any charges past 6 years that they may have disregarded ?

IMO Your friend seems to think that it is just a case of putting in a claim and they will pay up, they are sadly mistaken, the bank will not pay what is not due and a badly prepared claim Could be struck out further down the line, so make sure your friend gets the figures correct this time. Dont give the bank ammunition.

CM

Templates Library

GE Capital Won

Capital 0ne Won

Northern rock Claim stayed working on negotiation

HSBC personal claim 1 ''WON''.

£1800 plus full stat interest plus costs.

Claim started 14/02/07 offer 3/07/07

Next:Coming soon to a thread near you! :)

HSBC personal Part 2 'return of the Celicaman'

HSBC business 1 ' my empire strikes back' N1 claim POC in progress after usual offensive offer from bank

HSBC business 2 'attack of the Celicaman'

HSBC business claim 3 'bank account menace'

HSBC business 4 'Revenge of the CAG Member' the final insult ....................... 'Maybe'

Brilliant!! Thankyou for that!

I have his statements with me so il go through them now! Just a point- When i made a claim against Hsbc with my own personal account, i didn't include any refunds they had given me but their solicitores, DG, simply took them out of the total i was claiming for, you suspect that that wouldn't happen in this case??