argos card services/bcw group/cabot

gavv8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Attachment 290 didn't work but the first one did. It's an application form. You have signed it but where there is a box for what I assume is the compnay to sign someone has written "statement".

They have to produce a true signed copy of the original executed agreement as under S77-79 of the Conusmer Credit Act 1974.

The full 28 working days is up tommorow on my cca request with cabot , so far i have had two letters, one vague and one reasonably threatening and a photocopy of the application form i signed in argos.

It has my signature and the word statement written across the bottom and thats it.

What next... anyone?

• 3 months later...

[ATTACH]798[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]799[/ATTACH]

You might like to have a look at these.

I have already written a reply as i think there are some glaring mistakes.

enjoy.

Ignore the recent letters... it's merely a threat-o-gram, not really worth reading.

The important thing is the credit agreement. Is the state of the agreement the same as the one you posted here, which I can't read because it's all fuzzy?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Dear Mr XXX,

RE: Your letter of the Xth,

I note that you state in your letter of the Xth that you have sent me an agreement you contend is a consumer credit agreement regulated under the consumer credit act 1974 and 2006. I note that the document appears to be a pre-contractual document and that you admit that it is an application form.

I refer you to s59(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974:

An agreement is void if, and to the extent that, it purports to bind a person to enter as debtor or hirer into a prospective regulated agreement.

I also ask why you claim to have a right to enforce this debt, since the jurisdiction of the court in relation to consumer credit agreements is set out in s141 of the consumer credit act 1974, and you have admitted that any assignment is equitable, and therefore you do not come under the definition of owner or creditor set out in s189(1) of the Consumer Credit Act.

Yours Sincerly,

XXX.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

So far they have sent me 4 copies of the same photocopied application form together with a copy of argos cards terms and conditions.

They seem to contradict themselves all the time, quoting laws and rules and then saying that they themselves are exempt from the rules.

Surely anyone with half a brain can see that all they do is talk round and round in circles banging on about the same old thing without ever admitting the truth which is that they are breaking the very laws that they claim to adhere to.

I find the level of hypocrisy and self righteouseness ever more staggering with every letter i get from them.

• 4 weeks later...

I have received a letter today from financial investigations and recovery stating that the account has been passed to them from cabot...F.I.R.E are a data proccessor for cabot so i have sent them a letter saying that as they are obviously a subsidiary of cabot they can refer to them for information on the account unless they can produce the enigmatic agreement form which cabot have failed to do after nearly 7 months.:)

• 6 months later...

Hi All,

As you may have noticed I am new here.

I am in similar sort of situation too with Cabot.

In my case:

>I moved from that address since about 5 years (when I had the store card).

>they just sent me a letter claiming the are acting on behalf of ARG card services. In their fisrt letter (which I discarded already) they wrote that they have have been informed that I have moved to this address (present address).

>However, in between I lived at a different 2 addresses for the past 5 years

>they are writing my surname wrongly (letter missing)

>Does the statute of limitation apply?

> how did they find out that I just moved to a new address?

>How can I get out of this mess?

Please help

Thank you all

• 8 months later...

I started a battle against cabot over 2 years ago with regards to an alleged debt with argos and after many letters , phone calls and cabots refusal to comply with a cca request the letters stopped coming...now almost 1 year on i get this........

We write further to your previous enquiry, Regrettably we have been unable to obtain further information from the original lender to assist with your query.

as previously advised Cabot is dependant on the original lender to provide information and we regret that we are unable to provide this:lol:

as a gesture of goodwill we are prepared to accept £xxxx in full and final settlement as long as we receive this amount by 30/11/2008.

your sincerly

Emma Robertson.

I almost fell off my chair laughing....

Regards

Gav

Who's being sold? cabot? to who? guess the games will start all over again...:confused:

Hadituptohere

I'm far from an expert, but learning all the time!!!!!

If i've been at all helpful please click my star.

Hadituptohere OH V Capital One, **WON**

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (providian/Monument/Barclaycard cc) - ** claim struck out ** due to non complaince of CPR, Wasted Costs applied for, Default Cost Certificate issued by Court, Warrant of excecution and CC Baliffs instructed...lol 😎

Hadituptohere V Cabot, (morgan stanley dean witter/barclays cc) - account in dispute, LBA sent to barclays, awaiting responce, no responce.

Hadituptohere V RBS, default removal x 2, case dismissed, judge used Balance of Probabilities against hard Evidence.

Hadituptohere OH v Santander, Santander issue claim in court, settled out of court via Tomlin, less solicitors fees and interest.

as a gesture of goodwill we are prepared to accept £xxxx in full and final settlement as long as we receive this amount by 30/11/2008.

They might think it's the season of 'goodwill', but my pal doesn't

humbug.jpg

Tell them to go swivel

swivel.gif

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I think you are all being extremely ungrateful.

I strongly advise you to accept this wonderfully generous full and final settlement offer.

"Darling Mr. R. Sole (Manager),

I note with considerable interest your offer of a 50% Full and Final settlement.

As you have no paperwork to legally enforce this alleged debt, you are in fact asking for a charitable donation.

It has been rather irksome at this time of year to have to deal with people asking for charitable donations for such meaningless and irrelevant causes as children, and the military who fought for this country and the freedom of the world. I therefore find it extremely refreshing to be given the opportunity to donate to the cause of communication and love.

I think of all those lonely people who never receive personal letters, and how much difference your threatagrams will make to their lives. I think of the poor wretched souls whose telephones never ring, and whose lives will be so much richer for your persistent and uplifting communications.

I think also of the paper industry, and the wonderful financial contribution you make to that. I think of the otherwise-unemployable mental retards who are kept off the street and given satisfying and meaningful employment by contributors such as yourselves.

I am so pleased to be able to accept your offer of settling the account for half of the outstanding balance, and will be delighted to offer a much deserved financial contribution to your organization.

As you are unable to supply paperwork with which to determine any balance on the said account, the only balance which can apply is one of £0.00p.

I have consulted with my former mathematics teacher, and am reliably informed that half of this outstanding balance amounts to £0.00p.

I have a cheque written out in the amount of £0.00p, which I will be happy to forward to you on receipt of a cheque for my necessary costs in making this donation.

In order for me to collect my cheque book with which to make said donation, I needed to visit the bank. This requires a bus fare of 20p.

In fact, as I had nine other shops to visit on the same journey, I am more than prepared to accept the sum of 2p as full reimbursement for my expenses.

Or, at least I would have been until last week.

Now, sadly, the council have just removed the bus route.

This necessitated the purchase of a motor vehicle. As the only garage I could reach from my home sells very expensive and brand new vehicles, this incurred a charge of £42,689.

Bugger. These ostentatious and overly luxurious vehicles are too big for my garage. Therefore, I had no option but to buy one of the far bigger houses on the new luxury estate on the way to the bank. This sadly meant I incurred a further charge of £1,546,232.

Oh, dear. The council are always doing something, aren't they? Sadly, the work being done on the roads around this estate has meant that I am unable to visit the bank without the building of a new bypass. The estimated expense of this is around £23million.

In the true spirit of generosity which your offer exhibits, I will forego any recompense for council budget overrun. On clearance of my cheque for £24,588,921, I will forward your donation.

Provided you include an SAE so I am not out of pocket.

Yours In The Spirit Of Love,

gavv8"

SH

• Haha 1

Guest Menucha
I think you are all being extremely ungrateful.

I strongly advise you to accept this wonderfully generous full and final settlement offer.

"Darling Mr. R. Sole (Manager),

I note with considerable interest your offer of a 50% Full and Final settlement.

As you have no paperwork to legally enforce this alleged debt, you are in fact asking for a charitable donation.

It has been rather irksome at this time of year to have to deal with people asking for charitable donations for such meaningless and irrelevant causes as children, and the military who fought for this country and the freedom of the world. I therefore find it extremely refreshing to be given the opportunity to donate to the cause of communication and love.

I think of all those lonely people who never receive personal letters, and how much difference your threatagrams will make to their lives. I think of the poor wretched souls whose telephones never ring, and whose lives will be so much richer for your persistent and uplifting communications.

I think also of the paper industry, and the wonderful financial contribution you make to that. I think of the otherwise-unemployable mental retards who are kept off the street and given satisfying and meaningful employment by contributors such as yourselves.

I am so pleased to be able to accept your offer of settling the account for half of the outstanding balance, and will be delighted to offer a much deserved financial contribution to your organization.

As you are unable to supply paperwork with which to determine any balance on the said account, the only balance which can apply is one of £0.00p.

I have consulted with my former mathematics teacher, and am reliably informed that half of this outstanding balance amounts to £0.00p.

I have a cheque written out in the amount of £0.00p, which I will be happy to forward to you on receipt of a cheque for my necessary costs in making this donation.

In order for me to collect my cheque book with which to make said donation, I needed to visit the bank. This requires a bus fare of 20p.

In fact, as I had nine other shops to visit on the same journey, I am more than prepared to accept the sum of 2p as full reimbursement for my expenses.

Or, at least I would have been until last week.

Now, sadly, the council have just removed the bus route.

This necessitated the purchase of a motor vehicle. As the only garage I could reach from my home sells very expensive and brand new vehicles, this incurred a charge of £42,689.

Bugger. These ostentatious and overly luxurious vehicles are too big for my garage. Therefore, I had no option but to buy one of the far bigger houses on the new luxury estate on the way to the bank. This sadly meant I incurred a further charge of £1,546,232.

Oh, dear. The council are always doing something, aren't they? Sadly, the work being done on the roads around this estate has meant that I am unable to visit the bank without the building of a new bypass. The estimated expense of this is around £23million.

In the true spirit of generosity which your offer exhibits, I will forego any recompense for council budget overrun. On clearance of my cheque for £24,588,921, I will forward your donation.

Provided you include an SAE so I am not out of pocket.

Yours In The Spirit Of Love,

gavv8"

SH

Scabhunter - you've excelled yourself :lol: :lol: :lol:

• dx100uk changed the title to argos card services/bcw group/cabot