Nationwide Response to LBA

Blacksheep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to Nationwide on 20 April 2006 requesting the return of £1179.96, comprising £1049.00 plus £130.00 charged over the last 6 years.

I got a reply dated April 25 from Sarah Watson the Team Manager in Member account services.

First she told me that feedback from members is absalutely vital.Then she went on to say "As you know if we allow items on your account to be paid and it means that you exceed your agreed overdraft or we have to return an item unpaid on your account then we will make a charge in accordance with the terms and conditions".

She went on to say "I hope this has helped to clarify our position and you will appreciate why I am unable to refund any charges on your account".

Now I need to take them to court, however it will cost me a court fee of £120.00, which I don't have quite yet.

Any suggestions for what I should do next?

I am the Blacksheep

If you have sent your preliminary letter and your letter before action and they have not paid, then the only next step is to is you the action. You need to do this as quickly as possible in order not to lose credibility

" a charge in accordance with the terms and conditions". "to refund".

Just because it is in the t & c's does not make it valid or enforceable. In fact these charges are unlawful. Therefore their presence in the t & c's is irrelevent.

Also, you asked for a return, NOT a refund.

Cheers,

Dave.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks