Itsme VS Welcome Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Itsme,

Eventually found your Thread..lol. Sorry about delay getting here but got caught up with some other things over the weekend and I have been away working past couple of days.

What you have sent them looks good to me. It will be interesting to see what the FLA come back with regarding your complaint.

Sadly the FSA will not tell you what action if any they will take against Welcome over your complaint. This is the way the FSA works, I complained to them regarding GE Money, and they told me that my complaint would be passed to a case worker in the section that monitors GE Money. They also stated that they would not tell me what if any action they take against GE Money.

At least they will note your complaint and add it to their list of Welcome complaints. If they get enough complaints they may even act on them.

As for using MCOL, I would rather fill out the N1 form and attach a fuller Statement of Claim to the N1. I doubt if there would be enough room to give a full statement regarding the mis-sold PPI. I know for fact my Statement of claim over GE Money runs to around 9 pages..lol

Good Luck

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Itsme, does the copy if you have of the original HP document have a different final balance to the WF document. mine do, there are a lot of extra charges all over the place, PPI, warranty breakdown, other products (but what?) finance charge for the insurances not withstanding the 2k finance charge on the HP side, all so confusing but adding up to 6k?? not signed by them and not dated but apparently enforceable??

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Hello Ian, thank you ..I am glad i got your attention....:)))And thank you for the advise....

Now, do i need to wait 28 days( got from FOS website) to get a reply from FOS....or should i file N1 straight away.

I also found in my Policies which i believe different to what WF has now that MY PPI and Medicare can be canceled and if i didn't claim -could be refunded...I guess in 2004 when i sign for it..they kind of just started...and waren't as bad as they are now....I contacted FLA via email...asking them if i need to send them the follow up letters from WF with the copy of policy different to mine, that MR S sent to me explaining that i Can't do THAT, I can't do This, because of policy....So I am sending today my copies of singed policy and MR S...'s....

BUT do I NEED to Wait for the reply or file N1 without result?

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

Hi, Itsme, does the copy if you have of the original HP document have a different final balance to the WF document. mine do, there are a lot of extra charges all over the place, PPI, warranty breakdown, other products (but what?) finance charge for the insurances not withstanding the 2k finance charge on the HP side, all so confusing but adding up to 6k?? not signed by them and not dated but apparently enforceable??

Hello Maybelline, they are all forceable, including acceptancy fee...I red somebody reterned even this....but only once...

You can claim everything apart from loan ammount and agreed intrest...: PPI, Intrest on it, MEDICARE, Acceptancy FEE...fees for phoning you, sending letters, not paying on time.....etc...

Check your policy agreement, because mine is different to what they have now, and you can play on it...in last reply from mr S...he provided me a copy with crossed over policy number(not mine) and in paragraph 9 : when the policy ends...says ..you can cancel and get refunded..same in my PPI policy....I took loan in 2004, when did you take loan? Have you got the policy agreement? IS your loan secured?

regards;)

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

By the way:

"Megan Charles" Compliance Manager

If anybody needs it.............

And now off to work....

thanks, my loan is a secured loan for less than 25K so cannot be considered a mortgage, it started as HP on a vehicle, the whole running of this account has been unsatisfactory, missing information, paperwork, charges popping up out of the blue, I believe the best way to sort it all out is in court and have a judge look at it:):)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Hi Itsme,

The terms and Conditions that you have on your original signed agreement would be the ones that I would consider to be Binding. If they have since changed their terms and Conditions I believe they cannot do this without informing you in writing. Again I would check with someone who is well up on Consumer Credit Agreements.

If they state that they are going by the new terms and conditions I would ask them to provide you with documented evidence that they had written to you and advised you of the changes. As fas as I know they cannot just change terms and conditions to suit themselves.

I would wait until you recieve a response from the FOS regarding your complaint, If you start Legal proceddings before this. The FOS will not be able to handle your complaint for you once legal action has started.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Dear Ian, that's why i needed you ....You comments are so valueble to me, it's great to have you on our side:)))

I will ask FLA via email, if WF can change the policy without wtiting to me......

Thank you for all your help......

thanks, my loan is a secured loan for less than 25K so cannot be considered a mortgage, it started as HP on a vehicle, the whole running of this account has been unsatisfactory, missing information, paperwork, charges popping up out of the blue, I believe the best way to sort it all out is in court and have a judge look at it:):)

Meybelline, it can be very hard, not to understand why they charged this...and that...but you have to know what sum you are claiming...so give yourself 2 hours and put the charges into spreadsheet...

You can't go to court without knowing how much you need from them...

By law they should provide you ALL the information with all charges....if they don't ..they are breaking the law.

Check this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Spoke to MR S on the phone....the registrated letter didn't reach him:)))

Royal Mail confirms it did!!!!!!!!!! Told him about different policies....Faxed him the copies....As Reidnet advised asked why i wasn't informed????I also asked about statements...He will send me all of them...with the reply .....Looking forward....

Meybelline, it can be very hard, not to anderstand why they charged this...and that...but you have to know what sum you are claiming...so give yourself 2 hours and put the charges into spreadsheet...

You can't go to court without knowing how much you need from them...

By law they should provide you ALL the information with all charges....if they don't ..they are breaking the law.

Check this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

many thanks itsme, I have put all the penalty charges into one spreadsheet and the PPI, MIG etc into another and sent copies to WF, they have responded to say it is all legal as I signed the agreement, however, I will be challenging whether indeed their agreement is properly executed under the CCA Act and UTCCR regs, they say their fees are under £12 but this is not correct, they are higher and more importantly, they are above the true cost which they are invited to demonstrate in the prelim letter but have not. I will now look at the LBA and just go over all the figures again and they will have an opportunity to defend any parts of the claim they disagree with :):)

many thanks itsme, I have put all the penalty charges into one spreadsheet and the PPI, MIG etc into another and sent copies to WF, they have responded to say it is all legal as I signed the agreement, however, I will be challenging whether indeed their agreement is properly executed under the CCA Act and UTCCR regs, they say their fees are under £12 but this is not correct, they are higher and more importantly, they are above the true cost which they are invited to demonstrate in the prelim letter but have not. I will now look at the LBA and just go over all the figures again and they will have an opportunity to defend any parts of the claim they disagree with :):)

Hello Maybelline, great you have such a great attitude towards it...I do have some charges from them as well.which are way more that £12 per call..and they phoned 3 times in an hour...i am going to send a second letter to FOS( they received 1st one, and will look into it next week).I am just wayting for the copies from Mr S of my account and i will add the charges to the claim...and send the 2nd letter to FOS. WF never advised about any addishional charges, and member of staff were phoning hundred times per day when the payment didn't go through..unnessesary(spelling):)))

What r u going to do next?

wow i am reading this with interest lol i too took out a loan with wf and was also told we couldnt take out the loan without the ppi as my hubby asked them to take it off before we signed and i too only have a couple of payments left but it has outraged me how they have lied about this fact but lol i too have all documents including my agreement and all insurance documents hummmmmm will look forward to this

WHEN THE WORLD GETS IN MY FACE I SAY HAVE A NICE DAY :lol:

MY SUCCESSESS

HSBC £5,735.35 :D

MUM IN LAW £2112.00 WIN FROM HALIFAX :grin:

MUM £3580.00 WIN FROM NatWest :grin:

AUNTIE 2 NATWEST WINS £1865.00 AND £2541.00

EQUITA BAILIFFS £293.00 REFUND :grin:

MBNA £871.16 WON WITH CI AT 24.49%

WELCOME FINANCE CHARGES £600 APPROX didnt even need letter lol

CAP ONE WON WITH CI AT 29.9% £994.26

CLAIMS ON THE GO AT MO

mbna ppi

NatWest cc at mcol (ppi next)

welcome ppi

first response charges

IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY HIT THE SCALES IN BOTTOM LEFT CORNER THANK YOU ;)

wow i am reading this with interest lol i too took out a loan with wf and was also told we couldnt take out the loan without the ppi as my hubby asked them to take it off before we signed and i too only have a couple of payments left but it has outraged me how they have lied about this fact but lol i too have all documents including my agreement and all insurance documents hummmmmm will look forward to this

Hello Angela, wellcome to the thread:)))

I belive you cave to check your WF cancellation policy paragraph 9, where it says..you can cancel and get refunded if you haven't claimed....Have you got you original documents they sent to you when you signed???

I have gone through mine and when i complain WF send me different copy, in that one says that if i do not cancel in 30 days..i can get refund....

Hi guys Archie here refering back to my SAR sent on 26 January to WF & WFHQ i got my first reply back today saying very politly thank you for the letter we recieved but for us to start proccessing your DATA PROTECTION ACT we require the sum of £10 now this letter was sent from NOTTINGHAM me thinks there is a communication problem or does me thinks they are trying to get more money out us poor citizens surely we are only so STUPID because i would swear on the amount of bibles to the amount of money they owe me THAT I ALREADY SENT THE £10 AWAY WITH SAR here we go! here we go! here we go!

Hi guys Archie here refering back to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent on 26 January to WF & WFHQ i got my first reply back today saying very politly thank you for the letter we recieved but for us to start proccessing your DATA PROTECTION ACT we require the sum of £10 now this letter was sent from NOTTINGHAM me thinks there is a communication problem or does me thinks they are trying to get more money out us poor citizens surely we are only so STUPID because i would swear on the amount of bibles to the amount of money they owe me THAT I ALREADY SENT THE £10 AWAY WITH SAR here we go! here we go! here we go!

Hello ab2mlf, have they cleared the cheque yet? If yes, phone them back and point it out...They can't request £10 2 times...unlegal...

Hello Guys..i need some BIG help here....I am officialy Stuck....

After all my culculation befor submiting N1....i found out that there is almost £1000 difference between the contract and actual payments...

PLEASE>>PLEASE have a look:)

Loan amount £3000, intrest 44.5%, 36 payments of £193.30

I am claiming PPI, healthcare and intrest back which are £1146.36 plus 3% of intrest...

I am using one of the CAGs spreadsheet to culculate the amount i have to claim...Is it correct?

I know that i should claim £1146.36+ 3% intrest on it...

But when i add up 36 months of payments of £193.35 is £6960.60...

But when i use the contract to get the total figure i get:

loan 3000

Intrest 44.5%=1335

Acceptancy fee 75

PPI+ Healthcare+ 3% intrest( 996.36+150)=1146.33

alltogether=5556.33

Its almost a £1000 difference.

Now can i calim it back with PPI+Healthcare+ intrest????

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

Any one????Please

Hi Guys recieved my papers today from Mr S at WF dosen't make much sence to me they say & my wife has checked it it dosen't add up on a £3000 loan according to this i have to pay back over £8000 of which i have to date paid over £5000 back their interest rate is 36.3% which is loan sharks rate they say i still owe them £3020 also an insurance premium of £1160 of which i was told i had to take to get the loan so that in my book is over £9000 in total for a £3000 loan what do you all think or is anyone in the same boat also they seem to have a calmness around this am i paranoid or getting in to there game Archie

Hi Guys Archie again i also found out from my forms that calls to your home or house visits are illegal but we all know that but what i found out is it affects their commision they cant do it but they dont want to lose their money guys beware they might still do it be strong & point out to them that it has to stop

Dear Archie,

As reidnet advised use this link to culculate the intrest :

Loan calculator: FSA Money made clear - tools

Mr S sent me 3 standard letter telling me that i should have read T & C...

I am preparing my N1 now..fed up.........soooo fed up:)))

Everything they have done to u , Archie, you can put in N1 and send it to the court...........

regards

Hi Guys recieved my papers today from Mr S at WF dosen't make much sence to me they say & my wife has checked it it dosen't add up on a £3000 loan according to this i have to pay back over £8000 of which i have to date paid over £5000 back their interest rate is 36.3% which is loan sharks rate they say i still owe them £3020 also an insurance premium of £1160 of which i was told i had to take to get the loan so that in my book is over £9000 in total for a £3000 loan what do you all think or is anyone in the same boat also they seem to have a calmness around this am i paranoid or getting in to there game Archie

hello Archie, I am in a similar postion, my original loan was for less than 3K but they say I now owe approx 13K. I took out further loans when I got into arrears at their suggestion (they have still suggested this even now,but more indirectly) but not to that amount! 5K of this is made up of insurances and other charges that I did not ask for. I have now lodged my complaint with FLA and started a claim regarding the whole matter, I feel the account needs investigating and am happy to go into court for this purpose. I have been paying for years and the figure does not seem to go down:mad: good luck with your claim.:) I would say putting charges by making false claims as being necessary is some kind of offence and may not fall into the same category re: penalty charges from banks but should IMHO be challenged.

received a standard responce from FLA, passed to CEO, will chase WF in 21 days if they do not respond.:(

Maybelline, I am dealing with Megan Charles from FLA

megan.charles@fla.org.uk ..you can chase it directly via email.....

she is a very helpfull one....but not all the time..I am veiting for the FLA respond as well....

Good luck...