Maplin - Customer Support

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You gotta see this. Maplin offer 'web chat' - an efficient and fast problem resolution channel. I had a convo two minutes ago. Whilst I can't complain at the speed and politeness, I must question the motives of this type of contact channel - check the third thread:

you: Hi, I bought a Linksys Wireless G ADSL Home Gateway the other day, and I have a problem installing it. I want to wire it to a desktop PC, but there is no ethernet connector at the back of the machine. It is a PIII 450, and I just wondered what components/cables I need to buy to get me up and running. Thanks.

Kevin entered the room

Kevin: Please give me a moment, let me have this checked for you.

you: thanks

Kevin: Sorry, I am not very sure about this. I would suggest you to contact our customer support at 0870 4296000, and they would be in a better position to help you out in this regard.

you: Do you not have a non 0870 number? I was assured in the shop that the gateway was totally 'plug and play.' I have no problem with buying an adaptor, but I draw the line at calling premium rate numbers and being kept in hold for 10 minutes at a time...K

evin: Then you may contact the stores directly and they would assist you accordingly..

you: Okay - cool. I'll pop in on Friday. Thanks anyway.

Kevin: Thank you for contacting Maplin live chat services!

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Guest Lueeze

What? They dont know? What sort of service is that?

Yes there but be an ulterior motive somewhere....Hmmm:rolleyes:

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks