carter56 v Barclays

carter56
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks kiff

know what you mean about things being consistent but it looks like the only thing that is consistent is the advice you get on here. its been my support throughout all this. good luck with your claim keep us informed

linda

hi kiff

no news i have emailed krysta a couple of times but she isnt replying i am going to wait till around the 7th august then it will be 4 weeks to the court date and then give her a call . hows things with you

linda

Hi Linda

Have decided to ring the court tomorrow to find out where my AQ is in their system. It's been 10 days now, so hopefully I'll get some info out of them!

I've found a 'nudge letter' that I think I'll send to Barclays Lit team somewhere on the forum - I think it was the person who did the 'court bundle for dummies', but it looks good (there are actually several posted on there).

Good Luck with Krysta - perhaps she's been on leave taking advantage of the summer weather.lol.

Cheers

Kiff

hi everyone I wonder if someone could cast an eye over this email i am about to send to Emma Thompson it seems she is taking over from krysta while she is on holiday. i have had a date through for my next lot of treatment and i really want to get this settled before i go back into hospital. have a look let me know if i can change it for the better - take something our or add something or word it better any advice would be great.

thanks linda

Dear Emma Thompson

Claim Number *******

I have been informed that Krysta Campbell is out of the office until Monday 13th August and that you are now the person who is dealing with my claim.

I have emailed Krysta several times to make her aware of my situation. I have a final court hearing on 7th September 2007 at St Helens Court Merseyside before District Judge Baker.

I have been suffering from some health problems have have been in hospital for an operation this month and I am due to go back in once again for more treatment . The date I have been given is 10th August and that i will be in hospital for approx 2 weeks and then convalesing at home . I would therefore like to try and settle my claim before I go into hospital although be assured that I will be attending the court ill health or not.

I have taken advice and have been told to approach you now that I have a date for my hospital treatment to see if we can reach a settlement .

Not having the best of health is of some concern but any added stress is definitely not for the best. I think that in my circumstances the judge would appreciate it if you could make a settlement and not waste the courts time and costs and not put me through any more stress and add to my health problems

I have attached a copy of my Schedule of Charges which is made up of

£4255.00 - charges taken

£809.30 - interest @ 8%

£220.00 - Mcol and court fees

£10.00 - charge for copy statements

£6.00 for recorded delivery for postage

Total £ 5300.30

I am printing off a copy of this email to be included in my evidence to show to the courts that i have tried to negotiate a settlement with you

My contact number is *********** I do have an answering machine as I am not able to jump up and answer the phone , email is my best form of contact.

I will await you reply

Yours Sincerley

just to let you know i have just had an email off emma thompson - here it is - so no luck

linda

Dear Linda

Thank you for your email. At present we are dealing with claims on a strict chronological basis and therefore we are unable to consider your claim just yet as we are dealing with claims for the end of July and early August. Please contact us nearer to the time.

Kind Regards

Emma Thompson

Legal Clerk

Barclays Legal: Litigation and Disputes

Level One

1 Churchill Place

E14 5HP

Tel: 0207 11 63565

Fax: 01452 638 154

thanks for the offer but i will be ok. i will just be the walking wounded. i have sent emma an email wonder if i get a reply

linda

Dear Emma

You advice me to contact you nearer the time . Could you please be a little more precise and give me an approximate date to contact you bearing in mind my hospitalization

Yours Sincerely

Hi Linda,

have just read your thread from start to finish, firstly hope you are well and all goes well...

I am also at the same stage as you with my claim against Barclays, I have also had the court date set for 10am on the 7th September but in Coventry, is this a coincidence or are Barclays gearing up for a mass defence all on the same day??? :confused: what does anyone think about this?

By the way my first SAR letter was sent on the 12th December last year!!..seems like this has being going for ages

best wishes

Adam

hi just to bring you up to date. i got an email off emmma thompson and she advised me to get in touch around the 20th august to discuss my claim i emailed back and said that i would still be in hospital then and could i not contact them on around the 8th or 9th august and she emailed back and said yes of course contact her then. i was very pleasantly suprised. i suppose they have protocol to follow but they must be able to make an exception. it would be great if i could sort all this before i go back into hospital it would be a weight off my mind. thanks for all your support it really does mean a lot to me

linda x

well after all that it doesnt look like it will matter when i go into hospital. the oft announcement has shocked lots of people on here. one lady went to court this morning and the judge stayed the case without barclays asking.!! so it looks like we are in it for the long haul.

linda

• 1 month later...

hello everyone

sorry not been in touch but not been well but on the mend had another spell in hospital but hopefully all ok now. i really need your help now. my court date is friday and to be honest i am absolutely petrified. i have had the letter from barclays saying the intend to ask for a stay etc.. can someone put things in an idiots giude as to what to expect what type of questions will be asked and what type of questions should i ask. i got my bndle off to court and barclays but i am afraid they were a couple of days late due to being in hospital but i did put a cove note in with them. i am worried now that this will effect everything.

god i am so nervous i think with being ill all my confidence is on the wain.

part of me says just dont turn up what am i going to do any help would be great

love linda

i got my bndle off to court and barclays but i am afraid they were a couple of days late due to being in hospital but i did put a cove note in with them. i am worried now that this will effect everything.

That's extremely unlikely to make any difference at all.

See here for advice to oppose the stay. Personalise it as much as posible, especially ifyou are on benefits or can demonstrate that a delay will cause financila hardship:

Stay, Application for removal of: UPDATED

Application for removal of a stay - UPDATED TO ACCOUNT FOR OFT TEST CASE

Stays re: OFT Test Case - Info & Guidance

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....-guidance.html