euro car parks £70 charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

I recently received a £70 ticket from euro car parks for being (unknowingly) parked in a disabled space, i thought it was a mother and child space as the one next to it was. When i studied the ticket it stated the color of my car was grey when in fact it is blue and looks in no way shape or form grey.Needless to say i haven't paid the ticket.Does anyone know if i have grounds to reject paying the ticket as the simplest of information on the ticket is incorrect.

Thanks..

HI,

I recently received a £70 ticket from euro car parks for being (unknowingly) parked in a disabled space, i thought it was a mother and child space as the one next to it was. When i studied the ticket it stated the color of my car was grey when in fact it is blue and looks in no way shape or form grey.Needless to say i haven't paid the ticket.Does anyone know if i have grounds to reject paying the ticket as the simplest of information on the ticket is incorrect.

Thanks..

Was it a privately run car park or local authority controlled?

How do i identify the car park as being council or private?

The car park is free parking on a retail park in Telford

In which case, it is unlikely to be Council.

If it is, then it will state on the ticket which Act is being used to enforce it.

It will either be an Excess Charge Notice under the 1864 Act or a PCN under the 1991 Act.

Hi

I too, recently received a £50 ticket from euro car parks for being parked in a disabled space in Sainsburys, When i looked at the ticket it stated the color of my car was green when in fact it is blue, what should i do? Can I reject the ticket based on the wrong colour? Also it doesn't reference any criminal / traffic act no. on the ticket. Thanks for any advise.

The ticket has been issued by a private contractor. they try their hardest to make it look "official" but the bottom line it is a matter of contract law. It is up to them to prove who was driving it and the registered keeper is under no obligation whatosever to pay the ticket.

Take a look at this thread for more info:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/20701-parking-charge-70-euro.html

Funny, that's precisely the link I posted in post 2 above.

Anyone seen that Big Mac advert? "Terracotta..." :rolleyes:

Indeed it is, but it seemed obvious that fazman had not read your post so I was just helping him out:)

• 8 months later...

I am having a parking issue after parking in an NHS car park with no ticket. I had a letter straight from Roxburghe Debt Collectors, when I sent a letter saying I was the registered keeper not and to give me evidence of who had entered the contract they put me straight through to a solicitors who are threatening me with county court proceedings.

Where do I stand here? Is this a private or council issue can I use the same argument that I have used successfully against Euro Car Parks in this case??

• 1 month later...

This is important information for any one who recieved a penalty from the above company.

I worked for them for 4 years and let me tell you there is no need to pay their fines if you have recieved one.

reason.- if you dont pay you will get a reminder letter and the buck stops there, beyond this point they have no means of extracting the fines, they give out approx 2500 pounds worth of fines on a daily basis of which only 25% are settled,

x = fine amount

y= cost of recovery

b= probability of recovery

their problem is Y + B is MORE then X so they just dont bother.

please save your hard earned cash and do not pay. they are unable to do anything apart from a pathetic letter.

x worker

Yesterday I parked in an ECP carpark at the local Sainsbury(4 hours free then £50 charge) for about 30mins. leaving at 11:15 - My Wife returned to the same park at 15:30 and returned to the car about 16:00 to find a £50 overstay charge - The attendants had gone so she could not take it up with them - The attendants use hand held devices to record cars but do not log them out so you can guess what some numpty has done- The site is owned by the Mall landlord - The signage is relatively clear - My initial reaction was to write a furious appeal/complaint letter then I found this site and thread. After reading all the excellent material on 'Private' car parks I am going to stay my hand and follow all the good advice - Thank you all - I will use the excellent approach and template letters posted by Bernie the Bolt in 'Private parking tickets/template letters. I will post progress reports from time to time.

Grumpy Old Goat who wants his money back.

Yesterday I parked in an ECP carpark at the local Sainsbury(4 hours free then £50 charge) for about 30mins. leaving at 11:15 - My Wife returned to the same park at 15:30 and returned to the car about 16:00 to find a £50 overstay charge - The attendants had gone so she could not take it up with them - The attendants use hand held devices to record cars but do not log them out so you can guess what some numpty has done- The site is owned by the Mall landlord - The signage is relatively clear - My initial reaction was to write a furious appeal/complaint letter then I found this site and thread. After reading all the excellent material on 'Private' car parks I am going to stay my hand and follow all the good advice - Thank you all - I will use the excellent approach and template letters posted by Bernie the Bolt in 'Private parking tickets/template letters. I will post progress reports from time to time.

The proposed charge is to all intents and purposes unenforceable in any event, but to avoid the mildly annoying drivel that you get through the post, its worth looking at the signs. If they say something along the lines of "no return within 4 hours" then the PPC will still want their money and will keep sulking until they get it. [could be sulking for a long time...]

If there is nothing about returning then it could do no harm writing to them that the "driver", not a named individual, did just that. Even from their perspective, no "contract" has been broken and they should write back dropping the charge.

Underneath the part of the sign that advises of the over 4 hour charge, in small but clear print it says (no return within 3 hours). So I have an intriguing tactical dilemma, should I 1) Proceed with the "ignore them route" until they make contact and then follow the "I dispute the charge check with the driver" etc. or 2) Write now pointing out that I was in the car park briefly and left at 11:15 and that the vehicle was parked in my drive until 15:30 when another driver went to the car park. Their agents observed the car on both occasions at 11:08 and again at 15:40 so no charge is due as the vehicle was NOT there for over four hours and to please rescind the charge - Not mentioning that the time they have recorded is well outside the no return time. I am very happy to follow option 1). Option 2) may well cut off the drivel but points arise a) I am tacitly acknowledging that I know who was driving the car. b) They may well write and say "Tough it's your word against ours, pay up" I would then have follow the dispute approach anyway disputing the charge and telling them to take it up with the driver. So Am I gaining anything by writing now?? I would be most grateful for any observations or advice on which tactical route to follow now.

Having given this some thought, if I did go with route 2) would the following be any good? Dear Sir The above Charge notice issued by one of your operatives has been brought to my attention as I am the registered keeper of the vehicle. The vehicle concerned was parked at the site mentioned on two occasions on the 23rdNovember 2007. On the first occasion the vehicle exited the car park at 11:15 it did not return to the car park until after15:30. Consequently the vehicle was not in the car park for a period of over four hours. Your operative may well have noted it’s presence at 11:08 and again at 15:40 but the assumption that it was there for the entire period in between is completely erroneous and untrue. I therefore absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed on the above Charge notice is owed to you, or indeed that any amount at all is due to you from me. The thinking being that this may be enough to make them give up straight away??? Any thoughts would be welcome - Thankyou

Alianmid,

This is an interesting one and not really a situation answered by my templates.

In your shoes I would write to them (take a top and tail from my templates) along the lines of:

My vehicle was parked in the referenced carpark on the day in question. It was parked there on two occasions and over four hours elapsed between exit and re-entry.

No doubt this will be confirmed by your photographic evidence.

I therefore absolutely deny your claim that the amount claimed on the above charge notice is owed to you, or indeed that any amount at all is due to you from me.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Thank you Bernie t B and Barnsley B - After sleeping on it I am going with a letter along the lines you have suggested and I am sending it now in response to the ticket. The idea of referring to "their CCTV/photgraphic" evidence is very clever - If they ignore that and write back saying "you still owe us" I can bring in to play the follow up plan of denying again, and will they put up or shut up If they pursue it after that I can initiate admin. charges and cease and desist. If they are smart they will cancel the ticket straight away.

Thank you Bernie t B and Barnsley B - After sleeping on it I am going with a letter along the lines you have suggested and I am sending it now in response to the ticket. The idea of referring to "their CCTV/photgraphic" evidence is very clever - If they ignore that and write back saying "you still owe us" I can bring in to play the follow up plan of denying again, and will they put up or shut up If they pursue it after that I can initiate admin. charges and cease and desist. If they are smart they will cancel the ticket straight away.

THE LETTER........................................................................................ The above charge ticket issued by one of your operatives states that the vehicle was in the car park for a period of over four hours. I would advise you that this was not the case. The vehicle did park in the car park on the day in question but did so on two separate occasions and over four hours elapsed between exit and re-entry. No doubt this can be confirmed by your CCTV/ photographic evidence. Consequently I dispute the charge stated on the above mentioned ticket and absolutely deny that the amount claimed on the above charge ticket is owed to you, or indeed that any amount at all is due to you from me.

• 2 weeks later...

New here,terrific informative site,lots of good people with lots of good advise,thanks to you all--you know who you are.

Just got a demand from Parking Eye and must admit initially made me a bit worried over paying out £40 for an excess of 15mins in a free car park (there were mitigating circumstances) but after gleaning lots of info from these pages decided to reply to their demand and posted it to the company address, not the c/o address on the demand.

I kept the letter short and to the point. I asked 4 questions

1) Where does the law state that a registered keeper is responsible for where a vehicle is parked.

2) On what or whos’ authority did you approach the DVLA for these details.

3) A copy of the photographic evidence.

4) The company address of Parking Eye for future correspondence.

Number 4 is a bit daft as I sent the letter there but I thought 4 questions had a nice balance.

We'll wait and see, I'll keep you informed.

Parking fees are a payment for the privilege to spend money

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on me and Euro Carparks - My case is the one wher the car was in and out of the park twice in one day and was given a PCN saying it had been there for four hours. It is now three weeks since they would have received my letter based on Bernie the B's advice and I have heard nothing from them - Dare I hope that they have realised their error and are not pursuing it??