County Court Fees

Tinkerbelle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Aplogies if in wrong thread!

I see a lot of people asking how much it costs to lodge a claim, so I have taken the opportunity to display them below. I would suggest however, that you confirm that the costs have not changed since this was posted, by going to: http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/fees/county.htm

To issue a claim form where your claim is for money only and the amount is:

up to £300 ~ £30

£300.01 - £500 ~ £50

£500.01 - £1,000 ~ £80

£1,000.01 - £5,000 ~ £120

£5,000.01 - £15,000 ~ £250

There is also help for those on lower incomes:

The fee you will have to pay to the court will depend on the amount you are claiming, including interest. You will have to pay a court fee unless:

you or your partner receive Income Support;

you or your partner receive Pension Credit guarantee credit;

you receive Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance;

your gross annual income is £15,050 or less, and you receive Working Tax Credit with a ‘disability element’ or ‘severe disability element’;

your gross annual income is £15,050 or less and you and your partner receive Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit between you;

If you show that the payment of a court fee would involve undue hardship to you, the Court Manager may reduce the fee or “remit” (say you do not have to pay) the fee.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

sowwy! 9.gif
Wow don't be sorry Tink! Nothing wrong with bumping a subject now and then - it all helps towards the end goal!! This is the direct link for the fees:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/infoabout/fees/county.htm

Thanks ;)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

In Tinks defence I can see that when raising your moneyclaim online, there is nothing on that actual webpage that will tell you how much it's going to cost or how to find out, that I know of anyway. And I think there should be to save hunting around. But I suppose that's government bodies for you - they just don't make it easy.

[

Don't apologise, Tinkerbelle, it wasn't meant nastily! Just to avoid a double-post, is all.

I didn't say anything to start with, as I knew it stemmed from a good intention, but if I hadn't when it was suggested as a sticky, sooner or later, s/one would have pm'd a mod, or would have asked why it wasn't done yet, etc... Threads just tend to run and run...

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks