Can I claim

smartiepants
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

long story really but brief version - husband self employed and owed a lot of money from clients. It is all coming but slowly - so .... we got into a bit of a mess. over overdraft limit etc. Went into bank to see if they could help ie short term increase in od limit or stop charges. Was told they could do nothing about charges and they tried to get me to remortgage house with them annd when said no to take out a secured loan against house - neither of which we wanted to do as this really is an interim problem - he's owed over £40k and it is coming just waiting on people waiting on people!!

Anyway in the mean time i have had a letter every day charging me £35 for returned stuff and £30 for over overdraft limit. Worked out april's and in just one month been charged £295. Can i claim this back even tho it's my fault for going over drawn?

Help bit scared and confused!!

Smartiepants xx

The short answer is yes - but the question implies that you haven't read the FAQ section.

Potentially, you are about to take on one of Britains biggest banks with almost unlimited funds (may as well be) and with access to huge legal deparments.

It pays to read up and learn as much as you possibly can before embarking on this course of action.

It's my belief that you WILL get your money back - but you need to learn how to play the game.

I'm not trying to put you off at all, as, like I said, I believe you will get the money back - it just pays to spend a few days reading the FAQ, the step-by-step instructions, a few posts from others taking on banks, the announcements etc...etc... before doing so.

Also, if you haven't got another bank account (to have wages/benefits etc.... paid into), then get one now - the only recource of action for the bank at the moment is a) mess about with the DPA requests in the hope that you give up and go away, or b) close your account to maximise the amount of trouble it causes you.

At the very least, read the FAQ:

FAQs :::::::::::::::::::::::::- PLEASE READ THESE FIRST!!! -:::::::::::::::::::

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

No problem - it really does pay off, because when they try to give you the fob off (either over the phone or in writing) you can see what lying, wriggling cowboys they really are.

In fact, once you have learned most of the stuff in the library, you can see it in all walks of life - from tiny shops through to the big boys and the banks (who are usually the worst at assuming and exploiting legal ignorance in the general public) and it actually becomes quite fun then - they're not used to being caught out by the 'uninformed'!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks