Son of Steven4064 vs GE Money **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CONGRATULATIONS, YOU LITTLE TERRIER.:D you pushed and they caved in. Well done steven.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Please could a mod move this thread to 'other institutions successes'

Steven

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Final Postscript.

We received and banked the cheque, signed the order and sent it off. Today we got the final 'invoice' from GE Money with zero balance and like last time - "Viking Collection Services have been instructed to collect this debt"

Muppetts!

Steven

Congrats Steven

I am currently working out the charges after receiveing the SAR from GE Money

Can you tell me which spreadsheet you used to calculate the interest and how you got to your interest rate

Cheers

Final Postscript.

We received and banked the cheque, signed the order and sent it off. Today we got the final 'invoice' from GE Money with zero balance and like last time - "Viking Collection Services have been instructed to collect this debt"

Muppetts!

Steven

They really are aren't they!!!

Well done tho steven- hopefully i may get good news soon :)

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

Can you tell me which spreadsheet you used to calculate the interest and how you got to your interest rate
I actually used my own spreadsheet but the one I like best on here is Mindzai's. The interest rate came off a leaflet I picked up in Burtons (it was a Burtons Store Card) - 29.9%APR. In the soreadsheet you put the APR on page 1m your charges onpage 2 (if=gnore the interest column) and the interest comes out on page 4.

Steven

• 1 month later...

Hi. Can someone advise me on getting my statements prior to 2001 from G E Money. I have had quite a tussle getting just a listing of their charges on my account. They have only provided a listing upto October, 2001, my account is older than that. I have rung them time and time again and have only been given the run around. Anyay I have been able to calculate the interest on the charge and have compounded througthout the six years. It make quite a difference and very much worth pursuing. So can anyone pass on any tips.I would be very grateful

THe trouble with GE Money is that their 'system' is apalling. Almost no one gets all their statements even for recent years. GE Money have had their knuckles rapped because of it. However, that doesn't help you.

What statements do you have now?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sorry I has taken to so long to reply to you. I did work out my charges and sent a 'before action' letter with a spreadsheet requesting refund of £440. Mark Metcalfe has replied offering me a 'goodwill payment of £32.00 which has been deducted from the balance of my account. He has refused to refund anymore. He says that they have reviewed the OFT's pub. on default fee charges along with (get this) their cost base!!!!! 'Due to the amount of administrative costs GE incur upon customers defaults, our view remains the we are entitled to charge these fees etc etc.' £12. is the charge now. Over half of the £440. is interest and the £32. is not in any way the total of charges they have added sonce 2001. My account goes back later than that but they have refused to send me any earlier copies of charges applied since I opened the account. Can you or someone advise me further. :(

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Steven, I have followed your advice and am now at the small claims. I have sent the papers to court and the arrogant so and so's have filed a defence and can I tell you it is a pretty pathetic one. I am now filling inthe Allocation questionnaire. Have you any advice on filling this in.

Sorry to have hijacked this thread.

Regards

Thanks for your advice. However, I have a problem. When I originally sent my SAR request. G E Money sent me just a list in a letter of of the dates and charges made. I requested further evidence but did not get a reply. So I did a schedule of charges using the compounded rate and included monthly compounded rate between the dates of charges. (I hope you understand what I mean). I am worried about this now as (b) says "copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge has been made" Have you any advice for meas I am unsure what to do.

Regards

Linda.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve, Thanks for that advice. There has been an interesting development. I have received from G E Money's solicitor an offer to credit the sum of balance of my account as full and final settlement as a 'GESTURE OF GOODWILL AND A MATTER OF COMMERCIAL EXPEDIENCY' This amount is just over 240.00. However, my claim is going on for a 1,000.00. I have not answered this yet. They have enclosed a draft order which they do not want me to date????? They also acknowledge that both parties are required to file Allocation Questionnaires. They hope that ' substantive steps in this action will not be necessary'. Well I have file the Allocation Questionnaire and I am not going to accept their offer. I want full settlement of my claim and a negotiated settlement of the balance. I want to squeeze their pips. Can you advise me if there is a letter template I can use for this.

Regards

You don't need a template - just thank there for their offer which you accept as a partial settlement only. Tell them you have file your AQ and send them a copy, partticularly and draft orders for directions you have attached.

Put their draft order in the recycling - they always send these and I think it is a damned cheek. It is your case not theirs. You inform the court when you are ready using your words and your terms.

Steven4064

Thanks for you help so far , if you could take a look at my thread and see if the info on the N244 is ok and if there is anything else i need to add?

Also along side that document do i need to send any other supporting evidence? Other cases etc? I know havinastella's case is due to be heard on the same date as mine in Gatwick at 11.30 am, i have asked for a copy with personal data deleted to inforce the possibility that they wont be attending the hearing.. what do you think?