Could this be the biggest claim on the site?

photoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

don't know about posting the info on the site. There was a case (was it Citi?) where the bank disclosed info to the judge and even the claimant never got to see it.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bong, I think you might be alluding to lickthewallfatboy’s case against Citi, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/citicards/9085-citi-cards-request-repayment.html?highlight=lickthewallfatboy which was a carve up.

The relevance is that Citi’s solicitor was in the habit of reading Citi forum threads and trying to use in court the information he gleaned to his employer’s advantage. The assumption is that he is still doing it, so Citi claimants tend to be a little more discreet when planning tactics. Perhaps something that should be borne in mind here, where we are attempting to break new ground. Wouldn’t want to give the opposition any opportunity to steal a march on us, would we?!:)

Elsinore

BANK CHARGES CAMPAIGN CONTINUES - PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION

Aktiv Kapital £300.00 SETTLED IN FULL

Capital One £741.47 SETTLED IN FULL

Citi Cards £1221.00 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(personal) £3854.28 SETTLED IN FULL

LTSB(business) £7487.97 SETTLED IN FULL

What poor education I have received has been gained in the University of Life

I'm not sure we have anything to hide apart from our uncertainty which we can hopefully dispel by pooling information in this way. its the banks who need to worry about info getting out. i think we only need to worry about posting info that we are not entitled to publicise.

I'm afraid I side with Elsinore on this. Presumably LTWFB thought he had nothing to hide, but it appears that Citi's guy found something.

I do understand that it is important that we play straight, and keep to the moral high ground, but even though we're playing a straight game of cards, it is foolish to let the rest of the players see our hand, I believe. It matters not whether they are cheating or playing straight - it's the nature of the game, methinks.

BTW - can anybody find me that quote from "A Man for All Seasons" where Thomas More talks about the Devil turning on us ? It's a long one - about cutting down all the trees.

Guest ian cognito
Oh? And when the last law was down, and the Devil turned 'round on you, where would you hide, Roper, the laws all being flat? This country is planted thick with laws, from coast to coast, Man's laws, not God's! And if you cut them down, and you're just the man to do it, do you really think you could stand upright in the winds that would blow then? Yes, I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!

Sadly I have it on video, I would upload it for you but I haven't got your skills Bill!

Quick update. 14 days on my Prelim for initail claim expired on 26th Dec. Just drafted up my LBA, and will be sending off recorded in morning. The interest is continuing to mount.

Also sending off my SAR for any the other information I actually don't have (contracts, correspondence, evidence of manual intervention (as if)!....etc ). All useful for the Court Bundle.

Also, will be preparing all spreadsheets for other claims whilst I wait between actions on this first one.

Also, now decided that I'll also look into recouping part of the loans I took out to pay back borrowing, which lets face it, was due in part to the charges.

Anyone got any ideas how to calculate this?

I presume I would find the total charges incurred (and I suppose the O/D interest as a result) upto the point the loan was agreed. But what then? Would I just add the loan % rate on top?.........surely this would then only be simple interest?

The correct way surely would be to take the charges and O/D interest figure upto that date, and then add the loan rate % compounded over the period of the loan (eg 5 years)? Any Spreadsheet wizards out there with any suggestions?

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

The correct way surely would be to take the charges and O/D interest figure upto that date, and then add the loan rate % compounded over the period of the loan (eg 5 years)? Any Spreadsheet wizards out there with any suggestions?

Blimey, mate - I'm s'posed to be Vamp's helper these days - so I can't ignore you !! Gimme a day or seven !!!!

Guest ian cognito

Photoman/Bill, to save you overtaxing your brains too much this early in the year, I already have a spreadsheet for loans that does what you want.

I am at work all day so can't do anything with it but e-mail, I'll upload it onto the web tonight if that's any help.

Thanks all. Will take a look at Mindzais sheet, and will look at Janquinneys sheet later.

BTW. Got my first " Sorry about your complaint, we'll get back to you in a couple of weeks, here's a leaflet for you to file in your bin" letter today.

Proceeding with my own time schedule thank you very much. LBA in post today.

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

Photoman/Bill, to save you overtaxing your brains too much this early in the year, I already have a spreadsheet for loans that does what you want.

I am at work all day so can't do anything with it but e-mail, I'll upload it onto the web tonight if that's any help.

Thanks, Jan, that would be good.

I'm also in the process of developing Vamp's sheet No. 27 for this purpose. I'll do likewise ASAP with that.

Nevos - I'm not sure if Mindzai's sheet would work as it is for this purpose, but it may be possible to adapt it.

Hi BillK: You may well be right as so far only gave Mindzai's SS a quick glance. Would like to see Janquinny's SS also. My first shot to RBoS was with the simple sheet. I do understand excel, maybe I can concentrate more when the kids go back to school Thursday! :D

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast

Janquinney,

Wonderful sheets, I think with a bit of application they could suit my needs.

Am I right in thinking I could do it this way?

I have the statements from the loan account, which shows the loan balance each month, along with the repayments and the interest charged on the loan that month. So I think what I need to do is this:

1/calculate what my charges (& O/D interest) was upto the point I took out the refinancing loan, then deduct that from the total loan amount taken out.

2/ Enter this figure as the start point on the loan sheet and enter all the payments made by date.

3/ This will then give me what the interest payments SHOULD have been each month.

4/I then deduct these figures from what the interest payments ACTUALLY were on my loan account statement

.....and the difference is waht I then claim back?

Seems about right to me, but a bit long winded, perhaps there could be some way to get the sheet to calculate this difference? (perhaps a bit of modification? any ideas ? Columns for ACTUAL loan amount and MODIFIED loan amount?)

I've a little while till I tackle this one, so I'll await your knowledgeable suggestions.

THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH !!

Hi photoman,

I have just read all of this thread to date, from start to finish.

Just to let you know that I will be watching your thread with great (contractual) interest. I'm not sure I will be able to add too much but if I can I will, however you seem to be in good hands with all the big guns et al, subscribing to this. Best of luck.

Tanz

Well done Jan for getting your spreadies linked here !! I shall take a look at those, as I'm learning about these at the moment. I have spent most of today on the copy I have been working on for Vamp, and Photoman's request seemed a good enough cue to get the thing finished if poss.

Well, I think I finally wrapped it up, so perhaps you could have a look and see what you think. I daresay there are blunders, as I have not yet tested it to destruction, but perhaps you might care to join me in the cockpit !! Do please let me know if it's any good or not. Don't spare my feelings, as it is important to get this stuff right for the benefit of everybody.

Here's the empty one, first:-

http://upload2.net/page/download/JGiROuEBNNRhZb0/Consolidation_loan_interest_claim.xls.html

And here's a completed example:-

http://upload2.net/page/download/3gYbXDws5a7MhVO/Example+Consolidation_loan_interest_claim.xls.html

Tear the thing apart. Please.

Bill. :)

• Haha 1

Bill

EXCELLENT WORK !!!

I think this could be just the thing I was looking for, and will also make a VERY valuable addition to the Spreadsheet templates on site.

Perhaps PM and run it past the other spready whizz's on the site for some co-operative discussions?

I think it pretty much addresses the issues in my last post.

I have downlaoded a copy, and will have a little play with it.

As I said, this particular claim is sitting in the "to do soon" pile, so will be a little while before I tackle.

In the meantime, I shall keep watching to see if you decide to make any modifications before I get stuck into it in earnest.

Nice work

Thanks loads,

I think plenty on this site have been in this situation and will find it very useful, and it or it's offspring should definately make it into the templates library.

Cheers !!

Thanks for taking a look, Photoman. It's based on the ones Vamp has in her Google Chambers and is the next one she was going to release, I think. So all credit to her for the initial creation of it. As it's her baby, really, I should run it by her first, but it seems worth getting a few spready-conversant people like yourself to take a look. I believe Vamp is busy until the end of the month, so it probably won't go out until then.

But the more of these things that are available, the better, I reckon, so that people can find whichever works best for them and their situation. So we need people like Janquinny and Mindzai to put in theirs, and hopefully we'll be able to cater for every taste - no matter how weird !!

The next one I'm told that Vamp might be doing is a "comparative" spready. BF asked about one, I believe, so - dare I refuse the King's shilling ? !!! :eek:

From what I can make out, he wants a spready that allows comparison between different rates (and presumably different methods) of calculation of interest. I've got one in the garage ready, so that's something else to be unleashed on an unsuspecting world. Coming to an amphitheatre near you - soon !!!! :D

Cheers mate,

Bill.

Guest ian cognito

Sorry Bill, I am looking (honest!) but I have a problem in that I cannot get it to preform the way you have! I'm sure it will be me and not the sheet because it obviously works but I need to sort it out for myself to comment on whether less knowledgeable peeps would have a problem.

It's really good, very impressed!!!

The one i uploaded is simply for working out interest and payments for loans, nothing like as complex as this.

Well, thanks for taking a look, Jan - especially as you already had a couple of your own. I'm pleased you considered it worth a look.

Firstly, there are a lot of apparently blank cells which suddenly auto-fill when you punch in a value. The auto-fill is there for newbies, but can be over-printed with more precise figures if you have them. I want to try and make it as friendly as possible, but sometimes too many bells & whistles just get in the way. And of course it will seem complex if it's not in your usual preferred format. I would like to maybe insert some on-sheet step-by-step instructions that magically disappear when it's finished.

Then there is the date. The date cell is auto-filled with today's date, but that may need changing. Also, if your loan start date is only recent, then the later payments will be projected future payments, and some of the interest calculations will yield a negative figure !!! :o

Basically, I have tried to apply logic and maths, but I know sod-all about accountancy practices. I used to think double-entry book-keeping was a disgusting enough practice until I discovered spreadsheets !!

Keep me up to date with your road-testing, won't you ? And thanks again for taking a look.

Cheers,

Bill.

Okey doke all.

Just to let you know that I've sent off my Letter Before Action by recorded delivery on Jan 3rd, and will check with Royal Mail on Monday that it has arrived safely. Presuming that it was signed for on say 5th, that gives them until around 19th. After that it will be Court action.

I intend to file as N1 rather then MCOL, as it provides much more space for POC.

If I use pdf downloaded forms, and enter all details on my PC, then print them out, I presume the court simply allocates the forms numbers and stamps them?