Nationwide ignorance.

EBOY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first post. I sent a letter 7 days ago. Going to send lba over weekend. I too have had further charges at to my account. Is it ok to add these on now in the second letter. Another query is claiming the 8% interest can i claim this on any interest they have charged me during the period and can i claim interest on the court fees and legael fees as i'm going to get a solictor to go to court. My court fee alone will be £66. As a side issue i spoke to nationwide as my account is currently over limit i explained about my letter and current situation they agreed verbally to stop the automated phone message but wil still send the letters. What should i do? I asked for a letter to confirm that their systems are automated which they agreed to send.

I arrived home today to find nationwide had sent me a letter dated 5th April which arrived today 6 days later giving 5 days to clear my overdraft limit. As they work 9 to 5 I have email them and just this automated message back

----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your FlexAccount. Please note that

because e-mails pass over insecure public networks the integrity of

your communication cannot be guaranteed. Whilst the risk is

small, e-mails can be intercepted and, if they contain confidential

details, these may become known to a third party. This is why it is our

policy to reply to all such communications by either

telephone or letter.

Should you wish a response by e-mail in the future, please send us a

further message giving your express permission authorising us to do so.

This is an automated response, therefore please ignore it if we already

hold authorisation to correspond with you via e-mail.

FlexAccount Collections,

Lending Control,

Nationwide Building Society

01604 - 796985

• 3 weeks later...

I sent my first letter on April 1st followed by a second letter via registered delivery April 9th. On both occassion I emailed the letter to Charles Bacon. April 21st I receive letter from Danielle Block saying no chance of refund. Last I emailed Charles Bacon stating their unsatisfactory response and that I had no choice but to go my solictor and start legal proceedings.

Nationwide are quick to phone or send letters if they are looking something but when I am. Therefore I am happy to get a solictor and whatever cost because I want to take them to court and don't care how much the legal fees are because I'll make sure they end up paying them.

If you're claiming for less than 5k, it's very, very unlikely that they will end up paying your costs - win or no win.

The charges issue is so simple, it hardly warrents a solicitor.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 2 weeks later...

Got the same letter screwing me. they give 4 reasons why they have taken my £500 pound overdraft off.

Account is being used regulary.

Overdraft not managed corectly exceeded limited or items returned unpaid.

not crediting account with sufficient money to support overdraft.

In arrears with another product eg mortgage or loan.

I am in arears with my loan only because of their charges. When I spoke to the loans section they said they had nothing to do with nationwide flex account. It seems they do what they want when they want.

Do I need to log another compliant and wait 8 weeks or can I just go direct to the ombusman

basically being stonewalled. Sent 1st letter 30th March and LBA 9th April spoken a number of times onphone to different people. Have started court claim. My questions are :

They sent letter withdrawing overdraft facility. I have sent s.10 dpa will this simply stop them passing information about me to third parties.

Iphoned on thursday in response to letter saying they had til 13th June ( I think) to respond to my claim before I could go to ombudsman I ponted out that my 8 period should end around 27th May am I correct in this.

When it gets to ombudsman do I simply complain about how my complaint was handled in no structured way. Do I point out Nationwides tatics of withdrawing my overdraft facility.

..My questions are :

I have sent s.10 dpa will this simply stop them passing information about me to third parties..

That is what should happen, but do keep track of your credit files later to make sure..

I phoned on thursday in response to letter saying they had til 13th June ( I think) to respond to my claim before I could go to ombudsman I ponted out that my 8 period should end around 27th May am I correct in this..

I'm not quite sure what you are referring to here, but essentially you pay no attention to any timescales they give you, they are irrelevant. Going to an ombudsman is not what you need to do either, so discard that info.

What 'claim' are you referring to in the above?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks for the prompt response. I checked through my last 15 months of statements and calculated charges of £1035 pounds this has since risen to over £1200 in charges when I phoned on thursday I also updated the running total. Do I need to send another letter to advise them of the updated balance of charges. Do I also need to post the s.10 dpa which I emailed today.

My problem with nationwide is that there are so many different people sending me letters and they don't appear to be able to go to a central point to look at my request for refund.

Just update the amount being claimed at the next stage, there is no need to send a new letter.

Send a written letter to back up the email request for the section 10.

Don't worry about not knowing who to 'talk' to - let them worry about who handles it.

What have you done so far - i.e. what letters have you sent?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks