Seahorse v Cabot

Seahorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry have not posted for a while as have been busy with other things - so I assume the answer to my question must be on previous posts that I have missed - or I have misunderstood the word " affiliated" must look it up

I will save you the trouble

Cambridge Dictionaries Online - Cambridge University Press

affiliate

verb [T]

to cause a group to become part of or form a close relationship with another, usually larger, group or organization:

So

(NB: External site NOT affiliated with CAG)

Would indicate that there is not a close relationship with CAG

However

The cidb site is owned by the founders and owners of CAG. As is the consumerhealthforum. All advertising revenue on either site eventually pays for CAG. Whereas, seahorses blog is a third party site.

So they are both owned by the same people and the revenue generated by one is paid to the other..

Sounds a lot like Cabot (UK) Ltd and Cabot (Europe) Ltd

• Haha 1

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why does the "attention notice" say not affiliated with CAG?? when the revenue pays for CAG. Surely that is a contradiction?

Well, as I understand it, CAG is owned by Reclaim the Right, Ltd, and CIDB is not owned by Reclaim the Right, Ltd. AFAIK, CIDB is owned by Dave. I admit I assume the revenue from CIDB is going to CAG (directly or indirectly) since I've certainly never dealt with Reclaim the Rights finances in any respect at all.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Thanks - I was being sarcastic by the way. I do have O level English (whoops showing my age there)

CAG has obviously done lots of good work - so personally not worried on the whole how it is funded -as long as it is open for people to check if they have any questions regarding such funding - especially if someone makes an especially large donation. However I do feel that the wording on the link is mis-leading and can not see any reason for the statement "not affiliated" when it obviously is.

Jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

I think it's related to the entire chat fiasco of a year or so ago, where some private data was spread around the forum and is meant to be a disclaimer that CAG and reclaim the right Ltd are not responsible for the security of the chat room, and that it is an external site.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Oh - Ok that explains it

thanks

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

If I can just say one thing. From the experience I have had Dave is a really nice fella and I'm sure there is nothing malicious involved in any of this. It goes without saying that running a forum that has grown to this kind of size is bound to bring no end of complications, and I include in that the problems revolving around the loss over that weekend of Cabot Sub Forum, it can't be easy and I'm sure anything Dave has done has been for the most honourable of reasons and I'd go so far as to say for the best interests of this forum. I don't know him or anyone else particularly, all I know is what has been done to get the site where it is today and that is no mean feat.

If I've got any gripes at all it's with some who get carried away with themselves sometimes, be it a Mod, a Site Helper or in fact anyone who thinks they know more than anyone else. We ALL have some qualities we can offer others, even those who think they don't know anything - that's what makes this forum so great. Nobody Judging you, just adding bits to get us all through. It miffs me when we lose people like Seahorse over something quite as stupid as his link (I know the arguments, don't worry,) but so many - and I've been on here 2 yrs now, so many really good people have gone, purely because someone has taken or tried to take the upper hand by being or trying to be smarter than someone else and not prepared to accept everyone has an opinion equally as valuable as another. I'd just like to see a little bit more acceptance by everyone in the upper echelons of the site that some people, like Seahorse make a massive contribution to the site and should be talked to and agreement sorted before it all turns into some kind of naughty schoolboy, slap your wrist exercise which really p**ses people off big time.

We're all grown ups and nobody, absolutely nobody is superior, grander, cleverer or better than anyone else who subscribes - we work together and use the synergy to achieve the results we do.

I'm a business person and the results achieved on here would impress any business runner.

Lets keep our heads and have a little respect for each other..it's the banks and dca's and finance companies that need screwing - not our own family.

Sarah

• Haha 7

Sarah!! well what can we say to that other than well said !!

I'd give you rep point for that BUT I have to spread my love around a little first - so I guess I will have to rep point you laters :D

My CCA skeleton argument to use in court -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cabot/115280-useful-information.html

Useful Letters (CCA request is letter N)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

CAG A-Z list of useful places in CAG -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/69359-cant-find-what-youre.html

Introduction to Consumer Litigation -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/108467-basic-introduction-consumer-credit.html

CABOT THREADS -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/131321-cabot-threads.html

ALWAYS SEEK A PROFESSIONAL OPINION FROM QUALIFIED ADVISORS - any advice offered is from my own experience and knowledge - I am NOT qualified.

Yes, well said Sarah.

Speaking as one who was censured by a mod for quoting Admiral Nelson (xenophobic, apparently!), I quite agree that there are occasions when I feel the moderation is a little nannyish.

I'm a mod on another site, incidentally, and do not underestimate the difficulties of the job.

However, as Sarah says, a number of excellent contributors have been lost to CAG over what have sometimes appeared to be rather petty issues. CAG really does make a huge difference to lots of people - and it's the better for people like Seahorse - surely it's worth compromise sometimes?

Sarah!! well what can we say to that other than well said !!

I'd give you rep point for that BUT I have to spread my love around a little first - so I guess I will have to rep point you laters :D

same here

• Haha 1

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

I've given some on your behalf :p

• Haha 1

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

...and just to add to the aforesaid..and thanks for all the rep points, most I've had in one day ! :D I read a snippet in the paper yesterday which reminded me of something about all this going on here. I don't know how true the story was but the meaning is powerful.

It was from a quote of the late Willie Whitelaw, an eminent Tory politician in Maggie Thatchers day and he was walking a newbie through the house of commons showing him how it all worked. He showed the lad where the Tories sat and the lad piped up, pointing to the other side of the house and said " and that's where the enemy sits is it? " Willie said " oh no young man " the enemy is always on your own side"

Big message in there ...

Why does it not show on a DSAR ???

No idea ....

This is the way i've seen it done by MBNA, in relation to my claim for PPI, charges and interest on the same credit card, each letter for each part had a different account number and when queried, they said it's for 'internal records'.

For one credit card account, i had 4 account numbers. 1 was for the account sold to DCA (balance £xxx.xxx) and 1 for my account closed (balance £0). Another account number was for my PPI request. And i had a seperate account number when it was active. That's 4 No's in total.

I haven't queried it as they refunded me by cheque(s) so DCA never got it. Still waiting for PPI refund which they have refused .... despite my application form being ticked 'NO' and they have no record of the follow up telephone call in which, they say, i agreed to PPI (they've wrote and said so).

IN ANSWER TO MY QUESTON WHY DOES IT NOT SHOW ON A DSAR having thought about it

because perhaps the dsar has not been worded properly and the request should quote the various account numbers (if known) and also refer to any "internal accounting " accounts namely any

account number when sold to DCA (balance £xxx.xxx)

account number for the closed account (balance £0).

account number for ppi request

account number when it was active

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps