Link Financial and 2 Barclaycard debts

Fresh1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

tell use about the debt.

whos the Original Creditor 

what type of credit

when did you take it out

when did you last use or pay it.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Link Financial and Barclays debt

Hi so the original creditor was my bank, Barclays who during covid when I couldn’t pay said they couldn’t do any more for me if I can’t pay and immediately defaulted the account and closed it.

the worst out of many

Was a credit card taken out around 10 years ago and was used monthly up until Covid.

now ive merged 2 new threads you created 

are these 2 credit cards? or just one

as the sticky notes on the letters have differing scribbles (which we can see thru!! use 2 notes one on top of the other)

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I'll give you my own experience with link,

I owed them £8k from an MBNA Credit card defaulted in 2008, I wrote to them with my latest address in 2009 (this is all you need to do if you have moved since). For about 3 years I received avalanches of letters and phone calls, then it all went quiet.  I never heard anything from them again, and the debt went statute barred 9 years ago now. I never paid them a penny!

It's pointless paying them anything, your already defaulted, the damage has been done to your credit file whether you pay them or not, and every time you pay them it re sets the 6 year statute barred clock. It's very much in your advantage to ignore them unless you receive a claimform, , in which case we can advise you here.

But like I said that never happened to me.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the current court claims you/we are dealing with.

ok 2 barclaycards then.

lets leave them merged for now until you get a letter of claim on either one.

not sure why a home owner comes into this?

makes zero odds esp if its jointly owned... they CANNOT do anything to secure it on your joint home nor make you sell.

you seriously need to read up.

many many of your DCA fears are VERY VERY unfounded and routed in reading RUBBISH and being told RUBBISH by these so called free debt advised charities...most of their money comes from the banks and the DCA's, which is WHY they never recommend or mention questioning the enforceability of ANY debt..just blindly advise people to pay yup like nice little DCA CASH COWS.

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Link Financial and 2 Barclaycard debts

As long as they have your current address in writing (Link Financial), I don't think you have a lot to worry about. Just wait till you receive a letter of claim, it might be next month, next year or never.  Oh and I back up DX100, the debt charities give some appalling advice.

Just sit tight and open all of your mail, come back here if you receive anything that looks worrying.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread