Bumface v M & S advice needed

bumface
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi x

Have sent SAR to M & S with £10 cheque, got a letter this morning and am a tad confused and concerned I hope someone can help me.

The letter says that they feel an SAR would supply more information than I need, however it is this paragraph that really concerns me.

" You state that a complete set of statements for that period would be acceptable as an alternative as this would provide you with the information you require regarding any fees we may have charged to your account for letters, telephone calls ect.

As there is currently no charge for this type of service( it says copy statements are £5 each on the back of my statements !!!) I have arranged for your £10 payment to be offset against your account."

It goes on to say a lot of blah blah about the oft and how they are cooperating and they feel the charges to be fair and reasonable.

So am I going to get my statements at all and can they just take my £10 ?????

Please please help xx:-x

i got a similar reply but my statements were included too. I would expect your statements to turn up soon. Wait for 40 days then proceed from there. My m+s thread is here, dont think there are many people pursuing them yet so lets keep each other updated! I'm just finishing of a couple of other claims, then i'm going to send my prelim - there arent many charges but every little bit helps.

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

Hi Sarah,

I will keep an eye on the post but I doubt I will see anything this year !!.

I hope you have a lovely christmas with your 3 gorgeous smalls, I have 3 too and number 4 due in March.

Stay in touch re: M & S, sent my SAR on 13th Dec so 40 days runs out on 21st Jan I think ??.

Good luck with your other claims I succeeded with Hsbc & Barclays myself recently.

Sharon x ( my names not really Bumface!!)

good luck with number 4 as 3 are hard enough! My fave stage is the baby bit- but doesnt last long enough! Do u know what you are having?

so you could do with your money back to help with all the other expenses!!! Good luck with it all and keep in touch

Sarah x

• 2 weeks later...

hi Sarah,

got my statements and have about £190 in letter charges so will get on their cases in the new year.

I am having a boy which is fab as we have 2 boys aged 10 and 6 and a girl aged 16months, the boys are so easy, laid back and cuddly but my little drama queen will only hug when she's not busy wrecking the boys games or turning out cupboards, so another boy is a blessing.

I hope you all had a lovely christmas ours was hectic but loads of fun.

Speak soon.

Sharon x

• 2 months later...

hi anyone xx

I am still preggers, due any day but been very poorly but thought ity was time to update you while I have one hand free.

Sent request for refund of charges and had a letter thanking me and saying basically they are on the case , then had letter a few days later saying its obviously not our fault but in line with the oft ruling that charges should not exceed £12 they would refund me the difference of £3 per charge plus 8% interest, I am not sure whether to accept this and leave it at that or whether to pursue the rest .

Any advice would be gratefully recieved

Cheers Sharon xx

dont leave it there- send another letter giving them 14 days to reply and return all the money- otherwise start court action. treat this as a 1st offer- its never the best you'll get. Good luck and keep us posted.