Moneybarn terminated conditional sale- help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, really need some help.  Was 2 payments behind and been making reasonable attempts to contact them but never been able to get through.

Suddenly out of the blue termination letter giving me 24 hours to respond which wasn't even posted until 24 hours after the date on letter. Leaflet offering 3 choices, return, pay settlement (call for details) or under special circumstances pay arrears and reinstate. Not allowed to drive car as they have withdrawn permission.

I believe I fit special circumstances, have 3 kids with varying levels of additional needs who will be severely disadvantaged by this. MB are aware of my caring responsibilities and vulnerabilities.

Spent every day since Wednesday trying to get through, have the arrears and no further issues with payments or going forward. Can't get through at all so now panicking as can't get kids to appointments, schools as not allowed to drive.

I'm well over 50 percent of the car paid, do not wish to return and could probably fully settle within the next few months. I'm sure I can overturn when court application for repossession is triggered bit don't know what to do in the meantime.

We're just coming into school holidays, one of my children can not access public transport and not having a vehicle is going to significantly impact their wellbeing and isolate us all summer, not to mention getting to appointments etc.

Can someone give me some advice on if there's anything I can do in the meantime or to speed this up or regain use of the vehicle?

Thanks.

Moneybarn making it up as they go along as per usual 
They cannot take your car or stop you driving it

Look to take out a Time Order 
This will put them back in their box

Click the link

Edited by theoldrouge
Additional words

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

moved to the moneybarn forum.

total utter BS on mb's behalf.

cant drive the car, what utter made up rubbish, but thats moneybarn.

they make up the rules as they go along, cause most people are mugs and think they have super powers.

cant do a thing really.

you've paid over 1/3rd under the consumer credit act, the goods, the car become protected goods.

stop trying to ring them

never ever ever speak on the phone to anyone about debt, least of all  ruddy moneybarn, and most certainly no dca on any other debt you might have..they are not bailiffs.

have you received a default notice under section 87 of the CCA?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

look  on your credit file

that will tell you the defaulted date.

but if you've only JUST gone into arrears, and this is the first time , ...??

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

good no ans..never ever call never ever crawl!!

check your credit file please.

just musing...

but you know you could voluntary terminate the agreement, give back the car and have nothing more to do with MB and not owe them a penny now...would you?

dx

and they

They've already terminated the agreement and state I can't do that unless I pay the finance. There's only 2.5 grand out of an 11k agreement, I'll loose so much and its about my kids being able to access their therapy, appts etc. I can probably raise the settlement in a couple of months, its so close.

best bet then is to do a time order.

dx

and they