unknown Bus Lane PCN - now CDER - Notice of Enforcement - first contact for pcn I was unaware of

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

@BillyS  -  assuming you follow dx100's advice, please let us know how your application gets on. 

Although he says:

15 hours ago, dx100uk said:

... it doesnt matter that you forgot to update your V5C, ...

I suspect that if you were at fault in not updating your V5C, then you might find that the TEC will not automatically accept it, and will instead "... contact the local authority to ask them whether or not they will allow the motorist to" make the application.  If you have failed to update your V5C when you should have done, it's vitally important that you give an acceptable explanation as to why you are out of time, otherwise the LA will likely tell the court that they should not accept the application.  (See post #4 by @Bailiff Advice in the thread linked to by dx100.)

... so not alot they can do and things will be reset once your forms are accepted by the authority. if you wish tell then you have sent the forms off. if they dont like it TOUGH!!

I must admit I'm not 100% sure about this, but if the bailffs have a warrant, doesn't it remain enforceable up to and until any statutory declaration is accepted by the TEC?  The fact the OP has submited forms doesn't of itself make any order unenforceable does it?  (Also I'm not sure from the thread you linked to that the local authority will accept the forms.  How can you be so certain?)

... as for the bailiff, there is no right of forced entry, so not alot they can do...

Also - if the OP still has his motorbike and if it's on a public road, couldn't it be seized without any forced entry?

(As I say, I'm not 100% certain on these issues and just want to try to ensure the OP fully understands the situation).

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/06/2023 at 01:55, Manxman in exile said:

...Also - if the OP still has his motorbike and if it's on a public road, couldn't it be seized without any forced entry?

(As I say, I'm not 100% certain on these issues and just want to try to ensure the OP fully understands the situation).

On 26/06/2023 at 03:56, dx100uk said:

.... i doubt a bike would ever be left on a public road...but thats irrelevant once forms are accepted.

dx

On 06/07/2023 at 07:25, BillyS said:

To be clear, my vehicles (and other goods) are in publicly accessible areas.  'Forced entry' would not be necessary to gain access. 

So back to the question, does anyone know what the process is, in terms of communication points that should be expected, if any.

I hope this forum has not given questionable advice...