G24 ANPR PCN - appealed - Robin Retail Park, Wigan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Dadbod1 said:

but I don’t think it will get that far without any evidence surely?

I'm afraid evidence is completely irrelevant.

You have to understand how the PPCs work.  They are interested in one thing and one thing only - money.  So all they do is try to bully motorists into paying.  And sadly it works.  Most people think these letters are fines and pay up, and most of those who initially resist give in when the legal threats start.

What counts is the internal policies of each company, which we've managed to suss out over the years.

One company, called Vehicle Control Services, is obsessed with punishing non-payers by starting court claims.

Others see court as a time-consuming & expensive distraction and something complicated that they don't want to do.  As I wrote in post 30 -

On 12/06/2023 at 10:03, FTMDave said:

I've just done a search for G24 threads on the forum.  I stopped reading after the first 50.  In none of those 50 threads have G24 had the gonads to take the motorist to court.  There are no guarantees of course, but they rarely do court.  This surely is the most important thing.

But come back here if they ever send a Letter of Claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Dadbod,

You REALLY need to start reading other threads to understand these lowlife PPC's and how they think...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

FTMDave and Nicky Boy have summed it up succinctly look up threads about the fleecers chasing you and look at what might be their next move probably more waste of trees.  VCS have their own special place reserved in Hell, they will start a claim almost as a default MO others may never try court.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The PCN is non compliant with Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 apart from its late arrival. 

They are supposed to specify the period of parking. Instead they have used the arrival and departure times which  includes the driving to the parking spot and then driving from the spot to the exit which cannot be called parking. And their wording is wrong elsewhere.

Part of the reason for the PCN is obviously to get money out of you but another factor is to inform you that if the charge has not been paid within 28 days, the keeper then becomes liable for the debt. They haven't said that probably because they acknowledge that their PCN would have arrived late so they cannot transfer  the liability to the keeper.

IPC give motorists five minutes Consideration period to give you time to read the terms of parking in that car park to decide if you want to abide by them or leave free of charge. They also give a ten minute grace period at the end  to allow for hold ups getting out of the car park. That still leaves 15 minutes for you to find if they are unsure who was driving. Was there anything that could have held you up another 15 minutes? 

Your child taking time to get them in and out of the car because of being strapped in. Maybe someone disabled or not as nimble as most people? Loads of traffic in the way or couldn't get out of the car park because the main road was busy.? Trolley was heavy laden and it took time to empty it plus return it to the trolley station which was quite a way away from where you were parked? Etc.etc.

• Like 2